For Nedra Fans: She Goes In For Her Spay Tomorrow

Yes, after a few delays due to Christmas, ice storms, and then me selfishly wanting her to be able to be at the North Texas Irish Festival a couple weekends ago, Miss Nedra is finally scheduled to go in for her spay and dental on Thursday. I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed that all goes well for her. I figured that those of you who followed the FWACC hounds' stories would want to know. I'll try to keep you posted tomorrow.

I hate that my little princess, aka Cheeky Monkey, is going to have to go through this and be hurting for a little bit. I know it's for the best though.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Oooh -- I get to be the first one to wish Ms. Nedra all the best. We'll help you worry until she's safety back home.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Sending out good thoughts for Miss Nedra tomorrow for an uneventful surgery and quick healing.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Kate, your Cheeky Monkey will be home riteawayquik and ready for some additional, special pampering from her momma. Keep us posted on your baby girl. :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

{Nedra} {Kate}

Kate I know you are worried about your Cheeky Monkey so am I and the rest of her Fan Club. We have watched her grow from a scared little to girl to the beautiful, regal lady. All of us are praying for a safe spaying and dental.

Hugs

Auntie Beryl and the now 3 Hooligans and Baby Boy Arby

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Thanks, everyone. I forgot to ask what time they do surgeries when I dropped her off - this is the group's vet, not my personal vet, so I'm not as familiar with them.

She was a good girl this morning, going in the car right away and going into the vet's easily (last two times, she balked). She turned into a little porker, up from her first weight check with me at 59lbs and change to 65 lbs and change! :huh I'd say she's pretty darn healthy at this point, huh?

Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Yes Kate that Cheeky Monkey is Healthy and it is due to the special care that you gave her along with Delta and Ru's TLC

Edited by 6greyhounds

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Yes Kate that Cheeky Monkey is Healthy and it is due to the special care that you gave her along with Delta and Ru's TLC

More like all the food that Ru, and Delta particularly, don't eat right away that Neddie goes around and cleans up. :lol I've begun picking up the bowls if Ru and Del don't eat right away. Of the 3, Nedra is the one who doesn't turn down anything I offer her. Fruit - yum. Veggies - ok. Yogurt - slurp...

Greyhounds Unlimited

Thinking good thoughts that all goes well for lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending good thoughts Nedra's way. :goodluck

You know, you could distract yourself in the meantime by posting some pictures for us? I may have missed threads, but I haven't seen pictures of her since the FW threads were going. Pretty please. :hope:)

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Sending good thoughts Nedra's way. :goodluck

You know, you could distract yourself in the meantime by posting some pictures for us? I may have missed threads, but I haven't seen pictures of her since the FW threads were going. Pretty please. :hope:)

Sadly, I can't do that from my work PC - can't access the photo sharing sites thanks to security filters. I will try to re-post the photos of Nedra from the Irish Fest a couple weeks ago later tonight.

Greyhounds Unlimited

Nedra is home, safe and sound, albeit it sleepy and sore. She's laying here next to me, but she's giving me her back end instead of her front end!

I'm sure she is thankful for all your good thoughts today. I know I am. There's nothing like having them safe at home with you again, is there? :blush

Greyhounds Unlimited