Kathleen Gilley- Gilley's Dancing Greyhounds

Wonder

I got an email today that Kathleen passed away.

Please keep her husband, Gil in your prayers and all their friends who love them so much.

I was lucky enough to have meet her numerous times and last Sept had dinner with her and Gil. They cracked me up and are wonderful people.

Kathleen is dancing in the stars tonight with all the hounds.

edited to add more info:

>From Gil:

IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS I MUST REPORT THE UNTIMELY DEATH OF KATHLEEN L.

GILLEY, MY ONLY LOVE AND LIFE MATE.

WE HAD A GOOD TIME TOGETHER FOR 37 1/2 YRS.

SHE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.

GIL

Dennis Tyler (of GPA-Central FL) called Gil and he said Kathleen was not

feeling well that morning and Gil had to take a couple of hounds to the

vet. Kathleen said she would wait at home. When he returned he found

her in the front yard. Gil did not know of any medical condition and

said he would have to wait for the medical examiner for the cause of

death.

Soooo sad! They were scheduled to perform at the GPA C FL Woofstock

event in two weeks and Gil said that was to be their last performance

ever!

If you wish to send your condolences, their address is 5751 NE 155th Ave

Williston, FL 32696

http://dancinggreyhound.com/news

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boondog

Oh no! The world has lost a wonderful lady. We were lucky enough to have her and her gang at our picnic a couple of years ago. A true class act. Godspeed, Kathleen. I know you had a great reception at the bridge.

:(

Godspeed, special lady.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How sad. I'm sure she'll be arranging performances over the bridge.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I met her and her husband Gil at the GRA picnic several years ago, what an amazing couple. I was looking forward to seeing her perform with her hounds again at GIG. The article she wrote about training greyhounds "No Pain, No Fear" has been posted on a bajillion websites - she had a deep insight into the hounds, and will be sorely missed by many, I'm sure.

Godspeed, Kathleen.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Just think of the thousands of smiles she and her wonderful Greys brought to so many people.

So sad....she will be missed.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I've met her a few times, and always enjoyed chatting with her. I hope Foxy found her, she always wanted to join the Gilley team.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

How very sad. The hounds have lost a wonderful advocate.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

What a shame. My sympathies to her family.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest LoveSeniorGreys

I was fortunate enough to see the dancing greyhounds show at a reunion a few years ago. Such wonderful people to talk with, my heart goes out to Gil and the hounds.

A perfectly awful capper to a particularly horrid day in the GH world.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest PhillyPups

How very very sad. The greyhound world lost one amazing lady. My heart goes out to Gil and the dancing girls. :bighug

My first experience meeting the Gilleys was in Daytona. They were to appear at our FunDay on Sunday. It was Saturday night and I drove the dog truck with adoptables from the kennel to the track so people could meet them. I was getting ready to unload the dogs and this couple came up to the truck and were looking at the dogs. The woman went to open a box and I rushed to the door, put my hand on it and said. "I know the excitement of meeting a greyhound, but these are right off the track, and unless unloaded right, could escape and they run faster than you or I can. Now if you don't mind, could you wait until I get them unloaded and settled in, then you can meet all the greyhounds. Maybe you would even want to adopt one.". She said sure - imagine my embarassment when they came into the office and introduced themselves as the Gilleys. :lol

She loved my Runner and used him to show how to get a greyhound to sit.

What awesome people they are.

Kathleen, run with the Angels and teach the Angels how to Dance - you are with the very very best ~

Kathleen will be missed by many.

Edited by PhillyPups

Guest Keystone

Yes, Kathleen is performing at the Rainbow Bridge with her bridge kids and all the other greyhounds whose lives she has touched. What a terrible loss, she was indeed a great lady. Kathleen and I emailed nearly every week, and she wrote the most beautiful words, had a real gift for that. Nobody loved the hounds more than Kathleen and Gil. We meet them all at different greyhound venues and they parked their coach in our driveway numerous times. Their visits were always special, we loved sharing travel stories and greyhound stories with them.

My heart goes out to Gil, Kathleen was the love of his life. Godspeed, Kathleen.

f_yellow R.I.P. Kathleen. I saw them in Gettysburg last year - Greyt show.

Me too. GIG just won't be quite the same. That was a lady who truly loved her day job. And the hounds. Prayers for her family. GodSpeed Kathleen.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.