Wonder

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dancing in the heavens surrounded by greys... :candle

:f_pink

Edited by retiredracers

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Swifthounds

So sorry to hear it. We've seen them perform many time in the last decade or so - never missed an opportunity and I always learned something new. She will be missed.

I was so shocked & saddened to see Kathleen's name here in Remembrance... I loved seeing her & Gil and the Gilley girls perform.

I had just posted some pix from their GIG performance last year in a thread about her essay on greys a few weeks ago.

Run with the greys at the bridge, Kathleen - I know they were ALL there to greet you!

Prayers for Gil and the girls...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Oh that's sad! I met them it seems not more than a year ago, and I never would have imagined she'd be passing any time soon. Those dogs were amazing.

Oh no - that's terrible. She was so talented & I can't imagine how much her husband & hounds will miss her. Godspeed Kathleen! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

My deepest sympathies to her husband. A tragic loss for all greyhound lovers. I had the pleasure of meeting them several times and they were so warm and caring and just wonderful to talk to.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty
to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin

I met Kathleen and Gil at Gulf Greyhound Park several years ago. Somehow the fact that I was from the Canal Zone in Panama came up and it turns out that Gil was also from there and his dad and my dad used to hunt and fish together.

Gil survived his illness against all odds. Now for this to happen to Kathleen just breaks my heart.

Edited by greyhoundlov

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Guest Whistle

I am so sorry to hear this.

Does anyone know Gil who would be willing to receive snail mail condolences and get them to him? Or does someone know where we can send them directly? I have pictures from seeing them perform last September as well. I would think it would mean a lot to hear from those they've touched in the GH community.

Guest mdituro

This is such a huge loss for both the Greyhound Community and on a personal level. Kathleen was a tremendous proponent of Greyhound adoption. She had a vast knowledge of medical care & behavioral/training techniques - she never hesitated to help in either of those areas, regardless of who you were or how you knew her. I feel privileged to have spent a little time & had dinners, on several occasions, with her & Gil. My heart breaks for Gil - Kathleen's soulmate for over 37 years. I hope he knows he is not alone in his grief, that others are sending prayers and warm thoughts of sympathy for his loss. Further, I hope he see these posts so that maybe he can take some comfort in knowing that others are sharing in remembering Kathleen here & just how much she was loved or how she touched each of us posting on this thread.

I will remember Kathleen for her contribution of time, energy, dedication and endless hours of performance which were so very valuable to all of the Greyhound Community in reaching out to educate the public, at large. She gave of herself tirelessly, sometimes in pain but, the show had to go on. And while the show evolved over the years, two things never changed: Kathleen's keen sense of humor and dedication to the dogs.

Godspeed Kathleen, there must have been a huge herd of hounds that greeted you at the Bridge. You will be missed.

flowers_red.gifflowers_red.gifflowers_red.gif

With deepest sympathy,

Dave & Mary Ann Dituro

West Palm Beach, FL

Edited by mdituro

Oh no! I'm so sad to hear this news. I've met them several times and they would always come by and visit Mike and I at the showcase of dogs each year. My heart goes out to Gil. Godspeed Kathleen, there are so many to greet you at the bridge. I envision a huge crowd of greyhounds surrounding you as you crossed over.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh, how very, very sad! She and Gil were in St. Joseph, Missouri, last May at Sylvia Petit's grey get-together, and several of us from the Wichita area had the pleasure of seeing them again. There will never be another greyhounder quite like Kathleen; that mold was broken many years ago. My heart goes out to Gil for the loss of his longtime love and companion.

I do hope he has a chance to read this thread someday, and like many of you, I have a heart-warming mental picture of Kathleen, virtually "mobbed" by her own beloved angel houndies and scads of others as she crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Annie Lambert