Kathleen Gilley- Gilley's Dancing Greyhounds

Wonder

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest manymanyhounds

The Gilley's performed at our first Sandy Paws in Jacksonville Beach and for several Sandy Paws after that in Jekyll Island. They

were always a big hit!!! My heart goes out to Gil.....RIP Kathleen....

How very sad. The greyhound world has lost much; her husband everything. What a greeting she must have had at the bridge. I know my Jilly will be lining up to audition!

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I saw and met them at the first Sandy Paws and again at North Park here in Pittsburgh for the GHG event

It is a sad day in the greyhound world to loose Kathleen

Praying for her dh and of course her pups who will miss her

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest iseegreyhounds

Such sad news. Kathleen, Gil, and the girls were generous and supportive with their time and talents in helping me get GPA/SN off the ground many years ago. They drove out to Las Vegas and entertained at the first two picnics and, of course, they were a huge hit. While they were in Vegas we arranged for them to visit schools and a rehab center, where Kathleen talked about what greyt pets greyhounds make, and spread our brochures around. One of the those years she had just gotten Pasta, and one of the kids at the school called out "Pasta la vista, baby". Kathleen roared and retold that story many times, I'm sure. One year we managed to get a local tv crew to drop by the picnic. They got some greyt video of Kathleen and the girls performing and ran it on the evening, and then the next morning and noon, local news. Once, when I invited them to dinner, I offered to cook whatever their favorite meal might be.... I swear dear Kathleen salivated as her eyes lit up and she excitedly said, "liver and onions". Much as I wanted to make her happy, I just couldn't handle it, so I grilled some steaks instead. She was disappointed, but quickly forgave me.

I got Gil''s address from a friend on FB today, if anyone wants to send him a note. I apologize that I honestly don't recall if I ever knew Gil's first name, but I'm sure he won't mind getting notes addressed to:

Gil Gilley

5751 NE 155 Ave.

Williston, Florida 32696-9254

Kathleen brought much joy to many people, and was a tireless fundraiser and advocate for greyhound adoption. Gil and the girls must be lost without her. I'd say RIP, but I just don't see Kathleen resting anywhere. I'll bet she's already reunited with the dancing Gilley girls who were waiting for her at at the bridge, and is busy choosing some new,' incorrigible' greyhound girls to join the act.

Sadly,

bev doan

Edited by iseegreyhounds

This is very sad news. Having always wanting to see the Gilley Girls, we decided to go to the Northern Lights Picnic last fall. We had a great time, and really enjoyed meeting them and watching the performance.

My deepest condolences to Gil and the family.

Edited by Wiscogreysmom

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11

Guest jettcricket

Oh...that is so sad. I watched her at GIG this past year with her husband. They truly loved their hounds and loved being with them and entertaining people far and wide.

RIP beautiful lady.....:f_pink

I too received an email today with this sad news. We have all lost a wonderful greyhound friend but the hounds at Rainbow Bridge sure must be celebrating her arrival.

Kathleen you were cetainly a special lady and you will be missed!! Gil, let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. And folks, I know Gil will appreciate the snailmail.

As posted elsewhere, it is:

Gil Gilley

5751 NE 155th Ave.

Williston, FL. 32696

Such sad news. Kathleen, Gil, and the girls were generous and supportive with their time and talents in helping me get GPA/SN off the ground many years ago. They drove out to Las Vegas and entertained at the first two picnics and, of course, they were a huge hit. While they were in Vegas we arranged for them to visit schools and a rehab center, where Kathleen talked about what greyt pets greyhounds make, and spread our brochures around. One of the those years she had just gotten Pasta, and one of the kids at the school called out "Pasta la vista, baby". Kathleen roared and retold that story many times, I'm sure. One year we managed to get a local tv crew to drop by the picnic. They got some greyt video of Kathleen and the girls performing and ran it on the evening, and then the next morning and noon, local news. Once, when I invited them to dinner, I offered to cook whatever their favorite meal might be.... I swear dear Kathleen salivated as her eyes lit up and she excitedly said, "liver and onions". Much as I wanted to make her happy, I just couldn't handle it, so I grilled some steaks instead. She was disappointed, but quickly forgave me.

I got Gil''s address from a friend on FB today, if anyone wants to send him a note. I apologize that I honestly don't recall if I ever knew Gil's first name, but I'm sure he won't mind getting notes addressed to:

Gil Gilley

5751 NE 155 Ave.

Williston, Florida 32696-9254

Kathleen brought much joy to many people, and was a tireless fundraiser and advocate for greyhound adoption. Gil and the girls must be lost without her. I'd say RIP, but I just don't see Kathleen resting anywhere. I'll bet she's already reunited with the dancing Gilley girls who were waiting for her at at the bridge, and is busy choosing some new,' incorrigible' greyhound girls to join the act.

Sadly,

bev doan

That's funny about the liver and onions. Bev, you really activated my memory cells. Kathleen and I were having lunch one day "way back when" and she asked if I minded if she had liver and onions. I thought that was an odd question to ask but I guess lots of people, including you and Gil, can't stomach being around it. LOL She had her liver and onions that day. BTW, his name is Waldo but I guess he doesn't like it. I'm sure the mailman knows who he is. Geez, I even remember when Pasta was presented to them. I think it was at a GPA National meeting in Iowa.

The Gilleys really should get some kind of lifetime achievement award. Ideas anyone? Gil did lots of hound training too behind the scenes and did a lot of work handing the motor homes and driving them a half million miles, according to their website. When you actually read where they've performed and traveled to is mind-boggling. They were a one-of-a-kind team.

I am so sorry to hear this news. I can imagine Kathleen being greeted by a gaggle of greyhounds at the bridge. Sending prayers for her family.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

So sad to hear about Kathleen Gilley. We were lucky enough to see Kathleen, Gil and the girls twice, once at the Great Lakes Greyhound Gathering and the other time at a Quad Cities Greyhound reunion.

Here is a link to their web page: http://dancinggreyhound.com/home

A memory page has been added. If you would like to post condolences, memories, etc please email them to: Tammy Farrington, tammy59@juno.com

Annette

Edited by Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Sincere condolences to her family and the greyhound community which has lost an extraordinary advocate.

[gallery_4177_3286_2416.jpg Neighbor Mike

Inspired by Beloved Angels Danny & Mick

Custom Quilted Coats, Wallhangings & MORE

"From there to here, From here to there, Funny things are everywhere.

Especially with a greyhound in your life!

Guest Energy11

We met the Gilley's at Sandy Paws a few years ago. I remember meeting Kathleen and her hubby. What wonderful, caring people! At the time, we talked about my dream ... buying a LARGE RV, living in it, and traveling all over the country. Obviously, The Gilleys had advice and stories!

Kathleen will be deeply missed! God love Gil, and help him through this, as well as they Greybabies!

Rest in Peace, Kathleen, and I am sure you are looking after all the Greyhounds at The Bridge, too! :f_red:f_pink

I saw the Gilleys 2x and was so amazed at the show they put on. Had a chance to speak with them, and they were so sweet and down to earth. They have done so much to introduce people to the Hounds.

They were at a race track in Birmingham, just to let the spectators know that Greyhounds are greyt pets as well as athletes.

They will not be forgotten in the Greyhound world.

My heart goes out to Gil and his girls.

R.I.P. Kathleen