Kathleen Gilley- Gilley's Dancing Greyhounds

Wonder

I am sorry to hear about Kathleen. She was wonderful with her talented dogs. I saw them perform two times. They always did toenail trims and Kathleen spoke at a seminar. You will be missed by the greyhound community. f_yellow

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad time for the greyhound community. But imagine all the happy dogs at the rainbow bridge waiting to greet Kathleen.

The Gilley's were at the very first Sandy Paws and a few other times. They were also the recipients of one of the very first Greythound Guardian Angle Awards. A well deserved honor!

Rest in Peace Kathleen and my you find peace in your memories, Gil.

Nancy

That is so sad. They were wonderful people. I had the pleasure of sitting at the same table as them for dinner at the MSGAO reunion 2 years ago. I always enjoyed watching them preform.

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest hundlover3

I am so sorry for the loss of Kathleen -- Gil, girls, family, and the entire greyhound community. The heavens are a better place since her arrival. You will be missed here on earth & thanks for all you did for the hounds and their humans.

Edited by hundlover3

Guest greyhound515

I was lucky enough to watch Kathleen and Gil's dogs perform in Minnesota several years ago and it was truly awe-inspiring! Godspeed Kathleen. You were well-loved by humans and dogs alike-what better way to be remembered?

Sam in Fl, with Diva the Greyt, and purrbuckets Sheena Chrissie and MewZette...and sweet Daphne at the Bridge

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I got to meet the Gilleys twice -- my overwhelming thought is -- oh poor Gil. It is so rare to have such a truly beautiful, hound centered, loving relationship and my heart just aches for him and for all who love her!!!

Guest dwolfe711

I've lost track of all the times we saw Kathleen and Gil and their girls perform - Spring Dewey, GIG, picnics, etc. We were shocked to hear of her loss. I cannot imagine the sense of loss Gil is feeling after a wonderful life together spanning so many years. The poor pups must be so confused and lost without their momma - it breaks my heart. Our love and thoughts go out to their family and friends in this terrible loss of a truly wonderful lady - :cry1 - she is now training her biggest team ever at the Bridge! :wub:

:bighug for Gil and the girls -

Donna, Dave, Ripley, Ellie, Mercedes and Praveen

Guest DylanGospel

This special lady touched so many lives- human and Greyhound.

A group of us had dinner with her and Gil in Gettysburg last year. I remember her laughing when I told her about Gospel imitating her dancing girls after he saw one of their performances in Harrisburg.

Rest in peace, Kathleen, knowing that your work and love for Greyhounds will be remembered.

I, too, got to meet them this past October and see the dogs perform. It was a highlight of my time as a Greyhound enthusiast and owner. I'm so very sorry for Mr. Gilley's loss and she will be missed by all.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

• 1 month later...
Guest JessMom

I had the pleasure of seeing the Gilleys and their greyhounds last year at the Greyhound Expo in Hamburg, NY (just outside of Buffalo). Two months later, we had adopted our first greyhound, Jesse! It was amazing to see Kathleen work with the hounds and how they responded to her. Over the past several months, I had read much of the content on the Dancing Greyhound website, and taught our Jesse how to sit using Kathleen's suggestions on the website. How sad, then, to read of her passing in the latest issue of 'Celebrating Greyhounds' magazine - as a postscript to her very thoughtful article! We will miss a true advocate of greyhounds - and now she can be with those hounds who have passed to Rainbow Bridge. God bless you, Kathleen!

I thought I had sent my condolenses here..

Anyroo, RIP Kathleen.

Dancing at the bridge with all the pups.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Gil and pups.

Hugs,

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 33.09 KB (33,886 bytes) file size.

Darlene and Garon with Selena-JCKC 5/23/2005 & Mosa-RDR 2/5/2010

Missing Santannah Belle-NSRA 7/7/2001- 9/6/2012

Just got my new Celebrating Greyhounds & there's an article by Kathleen... So sad....

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge