Bailey Has Osteo

I haven't been able to get on to GT from home as our IP is blocking it for some reason so I am on thru my phone ... Could cost a fortune

just wanted to let those of you who know Bailey, our first greyhound, has osteo. Same leg... Same spot as our angel Carrier. Bailey is 13 now so given her age, her reaction to clinical environments, and a weak back end, we have decided to manage her pain and ensure that she comfortable and happy for what time she has left. I can't believe that she is going through the same thing as Carrier. It's heartbreaking to watch and even worse knowing that things will only get worse as time goes on. With carrier we were distracted by hope ... Amputation, meds, chemotherapy, more meds. But with our Bay, it's just time. We are trying our hardest to make it the best for her but with This crap weather it makes it tough even for our able dogs.

Will let you know how she does in the next little while. She was officially diagnosed on dec 28. But she had been limping on and off since the beginning of November. On dec28 the vet thought we only had about a month left so we are happy to see February around the corner. She is a strong dog and is pretty stubborn... She is still playing and engaged with the others so we are very happy to see that.

Sending hugs and healing thoughts to all of you going through something like this

Eva

I'm sorry to hear this but know you will do the best for your girl. Sending lots of hugs to all of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bailey. I hope she has more time with you.

I remember Carrier's battle so well as I was fighting the same battle with my first hound Jesse. I lost Jesse a few weeks before Carrier.

God bless you and your family :grouphug

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

Guest IrishLass

New to this forum and a rescue Greyhound owner of Katy Bell now 9.5 years old. Have had here almost three years. I believe in holistic approach to care where possible and nurtured a Rottweiler diagnosed with lumbar sacchreal (deterioration of the spine/arthritis) at 2 years old. He lived 14.5 years. Anyway, towards the end we managed his pain with a supplement from DRSCountryHealthLtd.com, capsule formula CHF#37 PAIN. It was like a magic pill. More recently a young foster dog I have been caring for was limping badly with shoulder issues. They wanted to do x-rays and blood work...expense I cannot afford...I put her on this pain/anti-inflammatory supplement for two weeks, twice a day, and her limping has healed completely!

Without knowing the total background on Bailey, diet can also help with joint pain and other issues. My Katy Bell had a bout of pancreatitis before I took her and I have gotten her back to full health on a holistic diet. No grains, preservatives, fillers, venison and lamb. I love BLUE Wilderness, and I cook a chicken or beef, veggie and rice stew in large quantities that I then portion and freeze. Make a months worth of food for about $25!!

I am so sad and sorry to read this about your Bailey. I hope she has many more good days. Take pictures, make memories and live each day to the fullest.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Eva, Tina told me about Bailey this evening. I'm so sorry. I remember the pain you and Tim went through with Carrier and I'm so sad that it's happening again. You, Bailey and Tim are in my thoughts :grouphug

Keep us posted, ok?

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Eva I am so sorry.

Bailey has always been one of my favourites, I remember accosting you at Hugs to meet her. I just knew that Peanut would grow up to look like Bailey.

She's been through so much and her strength is amazing. I'm praying that that very same strength helps get her and you through this last journey. :bighug to you all.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry. I hope she has a lot more good time than the vet predicted.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's clear that you love and understand your Bailey very well, and will do whatever you can to keep her safe and comfortable for as long as possible. I hope that you have many more precious days together.

I'm so sorry she's gotten this horrible diagnosis.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm sobbing reading this. I'm so sorry :grouphug

This is exactly the same as Sparks and I'm sorry we are both going through this in the winter. I wish it were summer so Sparks could lay in the grass one last time :(

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I'm sorry to hear your news :(

:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PhillyPups

Eva I am so very sorry to read this - sending :bighug to you and will keep Bailey in my :hope

CA robs us of too many hounds too often. It has taught me to enjoy every moment and cherish the memories in our hearts. :bighug

Eva, I am so very sorry that Bailey has been diagnosed. Our hearts go out to you and we hope you have a lot more time together to enjoy each other.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.