My Joey Is Home

My JoeJoe came home tonight. Unfortunately we are having thunderstorms and he is deathly afraid of them. I can't keep him lying down. He finally decided to squeeze under my desk in the office when I was trying to get him into the bedroom. I sure hope I can get him out of there. It's not quite high enough for him to stand up. For right now, at least he is lying down.

He actually is getting around very well. Too well actually, I have trouble keeping next to him and I am afraid he'll fall.

His blood protein levels are improving but they are still not where they should be. I need to get him to a vet on Friday for a blood draw and bandage change. Unfortunately my friend, the vet tech, is on vacation in Mexico or he could stay at home for the "visit".

His last urinalysis showed some bacteria, so he is going to be on clavamox for awhile. This is probably because he had to be catheterized for a few days. Also, he had his first accident EVER inside tonight. We had almost made it to the door but he just couldn't hold it. I imagine he has some urgency because of the catheterization and if he also has a UTI, well we all know what that is like.

The bill, with preop testing and xrays is now at $6600.00. So no new TV or body work on my car. But Joe is so totally worth it. Now my prayers have moved onto successful chemo and that he is in the small percentage that survives for years.

Jane

It must be such a relief to have Joey back at home again. Good thoughts going for him to recover from the UTI infection quickly so he will be more comfortable. They certainly can feel miserable. May you have sunny days ahead and many more happy times with your boy.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

That is great news JoeJoe is home Jane. I am sure you are very relieved. Now he just needs to mend and then Chemo. We'll be thinking of you and him.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Smiley

I"m so happy he's home Jane! I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers and fingers crossed for no more thunderstorms and quick recovery from the UTI. Hugs to you both!

So happy to hear he's home and doing so well! Let's get that boy on some antbx to kill that nasty UTI and make him more comfortable. Good goin, JoeJoe! Keep it up! Hugs to you, too, Jane. Just remember to breathe.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

It is so good to hear that he's home. I hope the thunder doesn't last long, I have 2 who are scared to death of it and it's heartbreaking to have to see.

Feel better handsome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I was hoping for a good update. How did Joe joe survive the storm? Isn't it amazing how fast they get up and going? I had a hard time keeping up with Diamond when we got home. In fact just one month post op, she wanted nothing to do with the ramp into the SUV (it sits very high). She'd jump into it.

You saw when we visited in Jan just 3 months post op. She was out chasing the deer in your yard.

Joe will be just like that.

So glad he's home with you! FWIW, when we had a tripod houseguest, we blocked off all the nooks and crannies as it can be hard to move a dog who may still have some pain.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I got a fright when I saw the other thread had been locked :eek:blush

I'm glad to hear that he is home. Sending lots of good thoughts :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

glad he is at home! even with the storms, I'm sure he was much better with you than at the vets when the storm came.

continuing to send prayers to Joe and you!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest bigorangedog

Very glad to hear he is home and getting around well! You might want to ask the vet for a little bit of acepromazine (or at least valium) to give him in case more thunderstorms come along. He needs to rest and heal, and you don't want him to overdo it.

Guest Lillysmom

Of course the stupid weather couldn't cooperate. Jeepers! I hope JoeJoe has a much better day today and that you both can get some much needed relief and rest.

Hugs and love to you both! Please call or e-mail if you need anything! :kiss2

Edited by Lillysmom

I got a fright when I saw the other thread had been locked :eek:blush

I'm glad to hear that he is home. Sending lots of good thoughts :wub:

Me three. My heart sunk and I went running off to remembrance. Thank god he's okay and is at home recovering and doing well.

Jane, I don't know if this will work for you, but Neyla has made a lot of progress with thunderstorms by me putting a dog bed in the bathroom next to the tub and turning on the exhaust fan to drown out some of the noise. We also use melatonin (not sure if that would be okay to give with his other medications though) and I gave her a stuffed kong. Of course, it took some time, but now she lays there calmly. Anyway, I have heard a lot that the bathtub helps reduce the static charge so thought I'd throw that out there in case storms hit again.

Continued healing thoughts for Joe. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

So glad he's home with his Mama. No matter how bad thunderstorms are, they are better than being at the doctor's office!!!! blush.gif Many prayers for remission.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.