Isis May Have Had A Stroke

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greytfulhounds

Beth, I am so very sorry to hear about Isis! Kitty had a smiliar episode last spring. I let her out into the yard and when she came back up the ramp she was dragging her right side, head was tilted, eyes were off to the side. Was very scary! The vet said she had a vestibular episode. Within 24 hours the symptoms were gone & thankfully we have not had this happen again. Keeping your sweet baby in my prayers. :hope

:hope for good news

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

**UPDATE**

Beth just called me, she can't update right now because she's waiting at the airport to pick up her daughters, whose flight has been delayed. She will update everyone here in more detail later tonight.

She asked me to pass along the basic info from today's appointments.

Isis was able to walk this afternoon with only a small residual amount of oddness in one back foot, with high steps, almost walking as though that foot is numb. She was sedated for the MRI, and the results were inconclusive. No abnormalities were found at all. No visible bleeds, spine looks great for a dog her age. She came out of sedation fine and is now conked out at home.

There is still uncertainty whether it was a stroke or FCE, but the neurologist is leaning toward FCE, based on how fast she seems to be recovering.

So the bad new is they still don't really know exactly what happened, but the REALLY GOOD NEWS is that she is getting better. Her regular vet was astounded.

Also a little Ivy update: aside from gunky ears, she is also currently doing very well. Appetite is still great. Almost too great-- she ate so much yesterday her tummy was bulging. :lol

I'm thrilled and honored to be able to pass along such wonderful news! :yay

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

:yay

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Just got home, first thing I did after taking the dogs out was to come here. So glad Isis is continuing to improve! :yay Hugest of huge sigh of relief.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Thank goodness nothing dire was found and that she's made such a quick recovery!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a relief!!!!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)