Lost My Jack After Anesthesia

You poor person, you must feel like you've been hit by a bus.

That is exactly how I feel. Physically and mentally beaten up......

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maddison

What a horrible tragedy! I lost a cat just over a month ago to a blood clot most likely. He was fine and then suddenly falling over and not able to get up. He had a little blood in one eye that I noticed and his back legs were completely cold which is what led our vet to believe it was a blood clot and a few "second" opinions confirmed this was most likely the cause of death. The cat was just shy of a year old and seemed healthy otherwise. We had him put to sleep before it got any worse than the falling over.

Guest SusanP

I don't even have words to say how sorry I am. I understand your wanting to understand better what happened to your sweet boy, Jack. I hope someone can explain. :grouphug Try to remember the happiness he had with you. It is the quality of life, not the length, that matters most, and you gave him the gift of a loving home.

I'm so very sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

What a horrible tragedy! I lost a cat just over a month ago to a blood clot most likely. He was fine and then suddenly falling over and not able to get up. He had a little blood in one eye that I noticed and his back legs were completely cold which is what led our vet to believe it was a blood clot and a few "second" opinions confirmed this was most likely the cause of death. The cat was just shy of a year old and seemed healthy otherwise. We had him put to sleep before it got any worse than the falling over.

I'm sorry for your loss. He, too, had blood in his eyes - and we all commented on how cold his feet were.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

:weep

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. That is just so terribly sad.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Maddison

I'm sorry for your loss. He, too, had blood in his eyes - and we all commented on how cold his feet were.

Oh my goodness, that sounds exactly like my Fred! The cold feet were what gave the blood clot idea away to the two other vets who I spoke to about my cat. I'm so sorry for your loss, there is really nothing that could have been done to prevent it or help it once it happened.

what a sad turn this medical procedure took for jack & you. sorry doesnt seem like a strong enough word to express how bad i feel for you.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh my goodness, that sounds exactly like my Fred! The cold feet were what gave the blood clot idea away to the two other vets who I spoke to about my cat. I'm so sorry for your loss, there is really nothing that could have been done to prevent it or help it once it happened.

Thank you so much for the insight. Given that he woke up seemingly fine and with no fever, I am inclined to think that this is what might have happened.

So very sad that this freak thing happened. Have no advice but wanted to let you know how very sorry we are to hear this. Prayers for you as you go through this very difficult time. There are no adequate words at this time but just want you to know we are thinking of you. I just can't imagine how your world has turned upside down. Way too young.....Godspeed Jack and may the wind always be at your back sweet boy that was so dearly loved. Remember your GT family is here to listen to you.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest hlpnhounds

I am so sad to hear of your loss. I hope you will find peace soon. Such a tragedy losing such a young hound.

Guest dwolfe711

OMG - We are so sorry for your sudden loss of your special boy - he was way too young - I can't imagine your shock and sense of loss :bighug - run free sweet Jack - :gh_run2

I am so sorry for your loss. My friend's greyhound, who also was by all accounts seemed healthy, died suddenly of what the vet believes was a clot and the symptoms sound very similar also.

I am so sorry for your loss. My friend's greyhound, who also was by all accounts seemed healthy, died suddenly of what the vet believes was a clot and the symptoms sound very similar also.

I am so sorry. What a terrible shock :grouphug It's very painful, no matter how they leave us...

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry. When they leave us it is always difficult, but leaving suddenly seems doubly heartbreaking. grouphug.gif

Godspeed Jack, your mama loves you. ghrun.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh how AWFUL. As you were discribing what happened I was thinking DIC. It's a clotting disorder.

I haven't had that happen to me. But I have lost young ones, suddenly. It hurts so much, like you got sucker punched in the gut. And besides the grief of losing them, there is also the feeling of being cheated.

I'm so so sorry. I wish there was more I could do other than a cyber hug :bighug

I'm so very sorry. What a nightmare for you. I don't know what I would do with myself.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren