Lost My Jack After Anesthesia

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Heehoo

I myself have not experienced, but my sister's Char Pei (Shar Pei) died this way.

Edited by Heehoo

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jack. I know how hard it is to lose one so suddenly. grouphug.gif

I agree it sounds like it could have been DIC (disseminated intravascular coagulation) once it starts there is usually very little that can be done.

This is what it sounds like to me also. We lost our Tinsel the same way....recovering from surgery. We brought her in to the vet to have a thyroid tumor removed and the surgery went fine. It was during the recovery period that her body crashed. About a month before her surgery, the vet had done a fine needle aspirate on the tumor and that caused some bruising to occur throughout her body. Looking back, I don't think her body fully recovered from the bruising and it's possible she formed a blood clot somewhere. After she passed away, I looked into thyroid carcinomas, and I found that DIC could be a problem with them. sad.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Again...I just want to continue to thank everyone. It has been such a comfort to have people to reach out to.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest jade1046

Adding my condolences for the loss of your beloved Jack. I lost my Felicia very suddenly also two years ago - she was only five years old. So very heartbreaking .... Godspeed baby boy. :gh_run:f_white