Bear Aka Ej's Ramrod

5blackgreys

Bear was a bounce who ended up at Grey Haven. His humans had gotten divorced and he had gone with his Mom out west and then ended up back in Florida with his Dad. His Dad worked 16 hour shifts and didn't have time for him so he gave him up.

I was down visiting Marilyn when I first laid eyes on Yogi. He was scared of his own shadow let alone all the other dogs. He had his favorite place in Marilyn's study but if somebody was in it he didn't know what to do. He wasn't eating well and Marilyn asked if we could foster him and give him a chance.

He came north on a GUR a couple of weeks later and Chris picked him up. I was away at my niece's wedding and by the time I got home on Sunday she had fallen in love. Yogi of course turned in to Yogi Bear and his "picinic basket" and finally just to Bear.

He was our big, goofy boy and he was the leader of his harem...the only guy in a houseful of women. He was always the last in from the back yard since he had to pee over everybody else's spot and then make sure they were all inside.

He had some hind end weakness from the beginning but over the last month it had gotten worse. He had to pull himself up with his front feet to get off his dog bed, his hind end would give out when he was running in the yard, he could hardly get up the 2 steps from the family room to the house and he was losing control.

He knew when he'd had an accident and always looked very, very sad. Over the last week the sparkle in his eyes turned to tiredness. He began to pant with every movement and no longer ran in the yard. Chris and I knew it was time. So today, on his favorite bed in the family room with quiet music in the background,a gentle breeze coming through an open window and his head in my lap, we said goodbye to our Old Man.

There's a huge hole in my heart right now. He was my velcro boy, wherever I was so was he. I never sat down that he wasn't at my feet. He slept with us up until the last month. He had gas that would make your eyes water and a cough that would rattle your bones, but he was our boy, our first boy but not our last, our Old Man. May he rest in peace

Godspeed BearBear, your Mommy's will always love you and miss you.

Edited by 5blackgreys

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry Kathy, thank you for being there for him.

God speed handsome boy, you surely know how very much you are loved.

Please watch over both your moms and help hear their broken hearts

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

What a beautiful tribute to Bear, who so clearly claimed a huge part of your hearts. You embraced him when he needed embrace, and you let him run free when you knew that, too, was what he needed.

But he ran away with a part of your hearts. You'll reclaim that part when you're all together again.

:grouphug to you and Chris. :f_red

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful old soul.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, precious Bear.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, he was meant to be with you!

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bear.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

He sounds like such a love. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest fandogs

Now he's running with the angels, and feeling no pain.. He will wait to see you all at another time.. but his spirit will remain with you on earth, because he lives forever in your heart.

Run Free Bear.

Guest multigrey

Godspeed, Yogi Bear......how lucky you were to land in such a wonderful home. You certainly got the best any greyhound could hope for.

We will miss you, always.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Bear.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)