Bear Aka Ej's Ramrod

5blackgreys

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mdituro

So very sorry for your loss of Bear - the velcro kids are so special and so greatly missed when they leave. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

Guest SkipperAnnie

Bear was a bounce who ended up at Grey Haven. His humans had gotten divorced and he had gone with his Mom out west and then ended up back in Florida with his Dad. His Dad worked 16 hour shifts and didn't have time for him so he gave him up.

I was down visiting Marilyn when I first laid eyes on Yogi. He was scared of his own shadow let alone all the other dogs. He had his favorite place in Marilyn's study but if somebody was in it he didn't know what to do. He wasn't eating well and Marilyn asked if we could foster him and give him a chance.

He came north on a GUR a couple of weeks later and Chris picked him up. I was away at my niece's wedding and by the time I got home on Sunday she had fallen in love. Yogi of course turned in to Yogi Bear and his "picinic basket" and finally just to Bear.

He was our big, goofy boy and he was the leader of his harem...the only guy in a houseful of women. He was always the last in from the back yard since he had to pee over everybody else's spot and then make sure they were all inside.

He had some hind end weakness from the beginning but over the last month it had gotten worse. He had to pull himself up with his front feet to get off his dog bed, his hind end would give out when he was running in the yard, he could hardly get up the 2 steps from the family room to the house and he was losing control.

He knew when he'd had an accident and always looked very, very sad. Over the last week the sparkle in his eyes turned to tiredness. He began to pant with every movement and no longer ran in the yard. Chris and I knew it was time. So today, on his favorite bed in the family room with quiet music in the background,a gentle breeze coming through an open window and his head in my lap, we said goodbye to our Old Man.

There's a huge hole in my heart right now. He was my velcro boy, wherever I was so was he. I never sat down that he wasn't at my feet. He slept with us up until the last month. He had gas that would make your eyes water and a cough that would rattle your bones, but he was our boy, our first boy but not our last, our Old Man. May he rest in peace

Godspeed BearBear, your Mommy's will always love you and miss you.

I am so sorry for your loss - you wrote from the heart and I'm sure your Velcro boy is still with you in spirit.

I am so sorry to hear this about Bear. My Brandi is going through some of the stuff that Bear went through with the weak hind legs, etc. so I can certainly feel some of that pain as you would watch Bear struggle to get up. My heart goes out to you. Run free sweet Bear............

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Run fast and free at the bridge, Bear.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I'm so sorry for your loss.. sometimes those who come to spend the end of their earthly time with us end up with at least as big a chunk of our hearts when they leave; and they leave as many special memories as if they had been with us all their lives! I'm so glad Bear found his way to his heart home... sending white light for gentle healing... run with angels wings Bear, and watch over your moms every day! :grouphug:f_red

Guest eaglflyt

Big hugs to you and your family. I'm so very sorry. He sounds like he was a very special boy that made his way into just the right home. :grouphug

Guest TahoeMom

You did the kindest thing for your dear friend Bear today. I had to do the same for my Tahoe just 2 weeks ago. Be nice to yourselves. My thoughts will be with you as we put one foot in front of the other in the days to come. :f_red