Server Move And Update Info

Jeff

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a small thing, but you used to be able to click on the number of replies for a thread and see the number of times people had posted. I found this handy in threads with a lot of replies, where I was mainly interested in the original poster's messages, for example, in health and medical, checking this enabled me to know if there was an update from the thread's originator.

Edited by Rickiesmom

I can't find the GT Gallery. Is it available yet?

I'd like to know so I can help others to upload their new holiday siggies - several people have asked me.

Cheers :)

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

This is a small thing, but you used to be able to click on the number of replies for a thread and see the number of times people had posted. I found this handy in threads with a lot of replies, where I was mainly interested in the original poster's messages, for example, in health and medical, checking this enabled me to know if there was an update from the thread's originator.

It still works, just click on the number of replies and a pop-up shows the posters. :)

Is there also a "mark all forums as read" button at the main page? I can't find it..?

At the very, very bottom of the forum page, in small letters toward the middle of the screen is "Mark Board As Read."

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

wow... I never knew you could do that. COOL!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Is there also a "mark all forums as read" button at the main page? I can't find it..?

At the very, very bottom of the forum page, in small letters toward the middle of the screen is "Mark Board As Read."

Thank you! :)

Anne, Sasha & Tapas. Spriet (2002-2015), Tibbie (2000-2015) and Gunda (1996-2009)

www.rapiddogwear.com

anne_sas4_qf3zva.jpg

Guest Wpgkeith

It appears as though the spell checker has disappeared from the "Fast Reply"...is thiis coorect?

I anticipate a decrease in the literacy rate as a result. :lol

Great job catching all the little fires! :thumbs-up

:)

K

Oh...if no one has mentioned it...the different coloured "quote" boxes are very cool!

;)

K

I used to be able to click on my name (or any other) and see Member posts, member topics. I don't see it now. Is it somewhere else?

If you click on the tiny icon to the right of the username, you'll see a little popup window which has those options.

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh...if no one has mentioned it...the different coloured "quote" boxes are very cool!

;)

K

I noticed that and I love it! Very cool new feature. :thumbs-up

eta: not sure what happened to my siggy....it was working ok until late last night? I'll go try to fix it now.

Edited by greypuppyluv

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I can't find the GT Gallery. Is it available yet?

I'd like to know so I can help others to upload their new holiday siggies - several people have asked me.

Cheers :)

yeah, same place, but hopefully I get the new one working and converted today. All links will need to be redone to the new storage folder, so I suggest you hold off.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

It appears as though the spell checker has disappeared from the "Fast Reply"...is thiis coorect?

Modern browsers (FireFox, Chrome, IE) all include built in spell checkers. The forum is no longer compatible with IE6 and below.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest Wpgkeith

Modern browsers (FireFox, Chrome, IE) all include built in spell checkers. The forum is no longer compatible with IE6 and below.

Yes....but the nice spell checker also gave correct spelling choices...which was nice. ;)

I am not sure Chrome has that feature...:dunno

:)

K

Guest Sportingfields

Great job, Jeff. Like the look of the new board. As usual am clueless with all this geek stuff, will be lurking in tech forum for awhile :lol

Let us know when/if you need more kibble for the server-God.

Where is the function that allows you to check the last 10 topics you've posted in so you can follow them? It used to be in "My Assistant" but that is now defunct.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg