Server Move And Update Info

Jeff

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two quick (I hope) questions. 1) Where is the key for the new folder icons? 2) When looking at the folder icons, how can quickly I tell which threads I've posted in? Thanks!

Ok, I figured out the answer to #2 on my own. Haven't found the icon key yet!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Great, thanks. I'm seeing something else for the first time, under my avatar and information is a warning bar. Eeegads! It shows nothing, but it was never there before. Am I asking too many questions? :lol

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Jeff I find the ultra whiteness of the screen now very very hard to look at now. Is that one of the be patient things or one of the get used to it things. Thanks.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Great, thanks. I'm seeing something else for the first time, under my avatar and information is a warning bar. Eeegads! It shows nothing, but it was never there before. Am I asking too many questions? :lol

Only you and the mods. can see warn levels. If there is nothing there, don't worry about it. ;)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

How does one get a warning?

I wonder if I call you a goober will I get a warning??

GOOBER!

:crazy

Hi guys.

When I use the "view new content" choice the middle column titled "forum" is blank. Not sure if its supposed to be or if you knew that.

Thanks for the great job!

not sure if this got answered? :blush

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest KennelMom

I just wanted to add that I'm really liking the new look and feel. Great job and pretty seemless for me at least :thumbs-up

The only thing I'm not seeing is that forum isn't listed in the view new content feature, as listed above.

Only you and the mods. can see warn levels. If there is nothing there, don't worry about it. ;)

Is the warning bar going to stay or is it there temporarily as the new site gets tweaked? I've never received a warning and quite honestly if it stays there it feels like a really unfriendly gesture, something of a not so vague threat :wife . I hope it goes away, only to be seen by those who have actually received a warning.

Jeff I find the ultra whiteness of the screen now very very hard to look at now. Is that one of the be patient things or one of the get used to it things. Thanks.

Other than the new topic/reply boxes there is no white, HTML #FFFFFF

Is the warning bar going to stay...

Probably, no definite wither way, but probably. Definitely until at least the next forum update, a minor point release is due pretty soon.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest bigorangedog

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere...haven't found it yet. But my signature pic/text has gone away since the update. Do I need to redo it, or will it come back? Thx!!

Sorry, I have tried and tried and tried to upload a photo to my picture for my profile. I have it at 124x140 pixels and way under the 100kb. Each time I try to upload it, it comes back with an error that says the file is too big. Can you help please?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Sorry, I have tried and tried and tried to upload a photo to my picture for my profile. I have it at 124x140 pixels and way under the 100kb. Each time I try to upload it, it comes back with an error that says the file is too big. Can you help please?

we can not reproduce that problem. Uploaded a larger image (auto scales) but under 100k, and it worked perfectly.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

This is the pic I am trying to upload. Me-1.jpg

I've changed it up every way I can think of... I am no photoshop guru but really thought I could do this. Sorry...

Thank you Jeff. I appreciate it.

Other than the new topic/reply boxes there is no white, HTML #FFFFFF

Seriously? The glare from the page is significantly increased in this new format. I'm really surprised you don't notice. I can't stay on without discomfort anymore. It makes me sad.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Jeff

I have a question I got the same error that foxysmom did in her earlier post about the 409 (I think that was it) and then for the past week and a half (after

I took my laptop in to be serviced I have been getting a Error 503 - Service unavailable

ONLY from my home, I can log on at work and on my blackbery on GT . I have taken my laptop and connect to my work's DSL. my internet provider is saying it is not them, I just had the comoputer

checked for viruses and a new hard drive installed and have been on the phone with the internet provider almost nightly. I am stumped any ideas?

Also when I log on from work I still get the message that we are under a scheduled maintenance.

Thanks

Amy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I am stumped any ideas?

As he said somewhere in this thread or one of the other ones going on :lol

The spam stuff is new and they are still working out bugs. If you do get the 503 error, you need to email us with your IP address (how to find that is posted in one of the we updated threads in this forum or the tech forum or maybe even the one in OT - maybe I'll move all those to one spot today...)

Also when I log on from work I still get the message that we are under a scheduled maintenance.

The DNS hasn't updated from your work then. If you go to the "Try This" or something like that thread in the announcements forum, there is a link, try that one and see if you get to the new board from work.

Seriously? The glare from the page is significantly increased in this new format. I'm really surprised you don't notice. I can't stay on without discomfort anymore. It makes me sad.

Turn down the brightness of your screen when you are on GT.

I don't really see this as being any brighter.

Thanks for all your hard work. GreyTalk is a very important part of my life.

Blessings of the season to you and yours.

I ditto the above. You really do take good care of all of us. You are my extended family so might as well use my real name, cousin sharon :lol

This is the pic I am trying to upload. Me-1.jpg

Pretty pretty..........

Yes you are and if you ask one more question that warning bar will fill up :lol Seriously the bar scared me too

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg