Server Move And Update Info

Jeff

Hi Trudy and Jeff,

The new forum looks great.

I know some things take time in such a big undertaking and this may be one of them, is the forum column going to be used at some time in the future?

Using the "view new topic" link.

Dick

Edited by dmdsmoxie

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jeff

I have a question I got the same error that foxysmom did in her earlier post about the 409 (I think that was it) and then for the past week and a half (after

I took my laptop in to be serviced I have been getting a Error 503 - Service unavailable

ONLY from my home, I can log on at work and on my blackbery on GT . I have taken my laptop and connect to my work's DSL. my internet provider is saying it is not them, I just had the comoputer

checked for viruses and a new hard drive installed and have been on the phone with the internet provider almost nightly. I am stumped any ideas?

Also when I log on from work I still get the message that we are under a scheduled maintenance.

Thanks

Amy

This is the same problem I had with mine last week. I could log on everywhere but here at the house and from neither one of my computers. Me and my geek started from square one and worked our way through the computer settings, firewalls and securites etc. The last thing we did was disconnect the modem and reboot it back up and all of a sudden, I was back in the good graces of the Greytalk Gods Of Log In. I kind of knew it wasn't either of my computers that was the problem because I could access every other website in the world. Anyway, what ever the procedure was for unattaching what cables in what order and then reattaching them back in whatever order seemed to do the trick. I think we may have also knocked the computer back a day or two to before the issue started. Whatever----it worked.

Jeff? you want to chime in on this as I am the computer dummy of the entire planet.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

I am really LOVING the MultiQuote Button!!!

It has been there for years ;)

Seriously? The glare from the page is significantly increased in this new format. I'm really surprised you don't notice. I can't stay on without discomfort anymore. It makes me sad.

It is brighter, but not white. Light blue. Compare it when you post a new topic, to the white text box.

I took my laptop in to be serviced I have been getting a Error 503 - Service unavailable

ONLY from my home, I can log on at work and on my blackbery on GT . I have taken my laptop and connect to my work's DSL. my internet provider is saying it is not them,

Also when I log on from work I still get the message that we are under a scheduled maintenance.

503 means you got banned for some reason, use the 'contact' link at the top, let us know what is going on, and provide your IP address, we need that to unblock you. It happens at home and not at work because your IP address is different between the two.

Regarding The scheduled maintenance message, you are using a different favorite link at work, that message also includes a link to the forum, just click the link.

I know some things take time in such a big undertaking and this may be one of them, is the forum column going to be used at some time in the future?

Using the "view new topic" link.

That is addressed in the pinned thread in this forum ;)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

this image will help explain the warn system a bit, at least the visual part.

All ir really does, is serve as a way for the moderators to communicate with a member, a reminder for the member, and a way to create a history of poor communication skills of a member. There is a text based side so a moderator (and the member) can see why they were warned. And the numbers really mean nothing. You can get booted with 0% and stay around at 100%. It is only a moderator and member tool, and only you and the moderators can see it. ie, member x can not see member y's level.

warn_status.png

Jeff I find the ultra whiteness of the screen now very very hard to look at now. Is that one of the be patient things or one of the get used to it things. Thanks.

My background is white also....snowblind perhaps?? Google Chrome's fault? No matter, I'll get used to it. You two deserve a nice warm vacation for all the work and crap from us you put up with! Don't you wish all GT'ers were as computer savvy as you?

Thanks for all the time and hard work you put into this for us. It really is greatly appreciated.

Connie

hrmph.

the double click for top worked for me ONCE. Now it doesnt. <pouting>

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Guest greystoked

Seriously? The glare from the page is significantly increased in this new format. I'm really surprised you don't notice. I can't stay on without discomfort anymore. It makes me sad.

Turn down the brightness of your screen when you are on GT.

I don't really see this as being any brighter.

It's not so much that the page colour is brighter, to me it appears a soft eggshell shade, but the actual text areas are wider, I think, and that increases the overall page brightness. If I recall, the page background showed a good inch on either side of message and text areas... now it appears less than a quarter-inch. But that's more an apparent style of thing, and will be perceived differently.

I do use the brightness and contrast controls on my monitor; some full-screen games and applications are a bit bright, whilst certain 'websites of a questionable nature' require full brightness. So's I can see. Ahem. Most of 'em are amateurs, after all. Giggity.

I find just adjusting the contrast will do the trick for different comfort viewing pages on different websites.

More decent progress over the last 8 hours.

The helpdesk is working :) We rely a lot on that, so I spend a good portion of the evening answering tickets that were previously queued, but not in the system.

Got the Contact, Donation, Avatar, and other general contact forms coded, but have not enabled the avatar link yet, because our upload and update the user profile script that helps us process avatar requests is not yet updated.

Knocked out a few more items from my list in the pinned thread.

Guest Sportingfields

I'm having a problem updating folks info on the transport list. Opened thread as usual to make changes, deleted info on redlady so could move her info to her new state, clicked to save change. Got a green loading box at the top of the screen, when it poofed away, the post was still in html. Tried click save again with same results. Opened a new browser window, which showed no change was accepted. What do I need to do? :)

thanks

I've mostly just been looking. I figured in a few more days it'll be working as good as the old site.

Working with "IT" people a lot, I know to stay away when they're loading & re-loading.

Just wanted to say Thanks for all you do! thumbs-up.gif

I'm having a problem updating folks info on the transport list. Opened thread as usual to make changes, deleted info on redlady so could move her info to her new state, clicked to save change. Got a green loading box at the top of the screen, when it poofed away, the post was still in html. Tried click save again with same results. Opened a new browser window, which showed no change was accepted. What do I need to do? :)

thanks

You can't edit stuff from the old board without it screwing stuff up.

Guest Sportingfields

Trudy does that mean for the time being the transport list can't be edited? I understand it's low priority but can this eventually be resolved or does this mean that the transport list is basically ka-put?

Edited by CottageHoundDesigns

In reading through these threads...it AMAZES me that there really are so few problems with such a HUGE undertaking!!!

Thank-You for working so hard to get it up and working so very fast!!!

Trudy...you better make that man of yours get a little sleep! I see some of his posts are in the wee hours of the am!!!

Thanks again!!! :colgate

So are yours...now that I see...you better get some sleep too! ;)

Jeff and Trudy

I just wanted to say Thank you very much for all the help . I am finally able to log into GT from home for the first time since before Turkey day. Maddie and I are doing the happy dance right now. I can only imagine how big of any undertaking this has been and I appreciate all of your hard work and truly enjoy GT.

I can relate to how Jeff was "talking" to his laptop last night Trudy, I have done that numerous times the past 2 weeks. Thanks again.

Amy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest MyHoodies

i thought that i did something to my computer to change the appearance (not very computer savy). i installed an adobe update at the same time and though that might have caused the change :rolleyes:

ya i know silly me... but stranger things have happened......