Server Move And Update Info

Jeff

I see some of his posts are in the wee hours of the am!!!

4 hours behind the east coast. Those wee hours of the am aren't the wee hours of the am for us.

Gee...I wasn't thinking of that! Good to know that we aren't taking over your WHOLE life!!! :lol

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE FORUM COLUMN!!!

You guys are the bestest!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Seriously? The glare from the page is significantly increased in this new format. I'm really surprised you don't notice. I can't stay on without discomfort anymore. It makes me sad.

Turn down the brightness of your screen when you are on GT.

I don't really see this as being any brighter.

It's not so much that the page colour is brighter, to me it appears a soft eggshell shade, but the actual text areas are wider, I think, and that increases the overall page brightness. If I recall, the page background showed a good inch on either side of message and text areas... now it appears less than a quarter-inch. But that's more an apparent style of thing, and will be perceived differently.

I do use the brightness and contrast controls on my monitor; some full-screen games and applications are a bit bright, whilst certain 'websites of a questionable nature' require full brightness. So's I can see. Ahem. Most of 'em are amateurs, after all. Giggity.

I find just adjusting the contrast will do the trick for different comfort viewing pages on different websites.

Yes thank you that is it. And also, the turning down the brightness of my screen? Worked wonders. blush.gif

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

I have lost the ability to post pictures .

I have a 1yr MAC, DH makes sure it is up to date with every little thing.

I make my pictures fit the size criteria, export them to another folder in the right size, then when i want to post I use the "choose file" button,

then when i hit the "attach file" button I always get an error of "! Error, this upload failed"

what am i missing? I went into the "help with attaching files" link, but don't know what i should be looking at to change or update or what?

Thanks for your help!

Lorinda

Edited by 3DogNite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I'm having a problem updating folks info on the transport list. Opened thread as usual to make changes, deleted info on redlady so could move her info to her new state, clicked to save change. Got a green loading box at the top of the screen, when it poofed away, the post was still in html. Tried click save again with same results. Opened a new browser window, which showed no change was accepted. What do I need to do? smile.gif

thanks

You can't edit stuff from the old board without it screwing stuff up.

Ah, that explains some issues I've had. I tried to edit a post created after the server move, and all the text clumped together, however, the thread containing the post was created pre-move.

So editing works only on posts in new threads, not on new posts in old threads, correct?

Also, as an aside, the number of replies isn't clickable - it wasn't, then it was, and now it isn't. Not complaining, just letting you know.

As others have said, this has been a remarkably smooth transition, which takes good planning and a lot of work. Kudos!!

Just wanted to say that I find the new format very easy on the eyes. Can we keep it? Pretty Please! :lol

I'm probably the lowest functioning GT user on the block. I'm still on freaking dial-up and don't use anything more complicated than the really high tech multiquote button that has been there for a while!

Back to your regular programming, but thanks to all the mods and Jeff for working so hard.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Clicked on Events this morning and got this:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property apiCore::$DB in /var/www/html/GTForum/events/core.php on line 645

:blink:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends

Clicked on Events this morning and got this:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property apiCore::$DB in /var/www/html/GTForum/events/core.php on line 645

:blink:

I got the same thing.

I too am liking the new format more and more. Thanks Jeff and Trudy for all you hard work!

I am having an issue this morning.. my reply boxes are all wonky. It;s like they're frozen in a wierd spot.. and the format stuff (B I U and all that) is in the middle of the box. If my reply is too long, the text goes behind the format stuff and I cant see it!

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

I have no idea what's going on. What happened to the regular front page? Oh, I'm so confused.

Please, everyone, if you see a problem that NOBODY else has reported as above, please be as specific as possible. The above is pretty vague, but Figma caught a new one. Once I figures out what it was, it was an easy fix, but help me help you. Be specific and detailed.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest Sportingfields

I am having an issue this morning.. my reply boxes are all wonky. It;s like they're frozen in a wierd spot.. and the format stuff (B I U and all that) is in the middle of the box. If my reply is too long, the text goes behind the format stuff and I cant see it!

Having same problem, deleted all history ect & did hard refresh. Am running IE7. This started this AM, was perfect yesterday.

Having same problem, deleted all history ect & did hard refresh. Am running IE7. This started this AM, was perfect yesterday.

Similar problem for me. The "Fast Reply" box is stuck on the bottom of the thread replies, and there is just a thin line in the editor box itself. Then, to use "Fast Reply" I have to click on the box that's in the wrong spot and POOF it moves to the right spot and I can use it normally with all the functions. I don't have any odd floating boxes or buttons or anything. Some of peoples sigs get scrubbed out but if click on them and "show picture" then it comes right up. Though it disappears if I exit GT and then come back later.

I've cleaned my cache/TIF and restarted my laptop, run a virus scan, cleaner, and defragged. I have the most updated IE8 and Vista OS (Yes, I hate it too).

Thanks!

greysmom biggrin.gif

Edited by greysmom

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Greytluv

I have the floating box and can't type a lot or I can't see it.

I have done everything Jeff suggested aside from getting rid of AOL. So I guess I'll just have to make due with the way it is. I don't want to get rid of AOL just yet.

I have done everything Jeff suggested aside from getting rid of AOL. So I guess I'll just have to make due with the way it is. I don't want to get rid of AOL just yet.

You don't have to ditch AOL entirely, just open IE7 or IE8 directly, not use the AOL browser.

Guest Greytluv

You don't have to ditch AOL entirely, just open IE7 or IE8 directly, not use the AOL browser.

I'll try that. It's really weird to type and not see what your typing :unsure