Server Move And Update Info

Jeff

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Thanks Jeff and Trudy for the hard work on GT, and for your patience with severely technically challenged folks like me! I've learned a lot not only about the new format here but general internet things from reading different threads about the move.

I'm an old dog learning new tricks! :P

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest mcsheltie

On the old forum when you did a search it listed the threads. Now it lists the posts. There can be a zillion posts in one thread. It only lists 200 posts. So a lot of threads on a topic won't even be listed. Scrolling through 200 posts only to find the thread you are looking for isn't listed is frustrating.

Is there a way to get search results by thread, not post?

TIA!

Guest mcsheltie

Kind of, but it is a little different.

Click MY SETTINGS then at the bottom in the search settings options, select SHOW RESULTS AS A LIST

It will be closer, but not as before.

Bummer, I did it and it is not much better. Searching for a couple topics and it will only take me back to Oct of this year before it hits 200 posts. So we can't access topics from years past anymore? Only recent stuff?

Guest BluMommy

Starting this morning, when I click a second emoticon in a reply the screen jumps all the way back to the top. :wacko:

I Love the new format! And the Santa hats are TOO cute!!!

I'd imagine only if you clicked the same one twice, as you can do that rather quickly.

Double clicking (2 fast clicks) returns you to the top of the page, anywhere on GT, it replaces the old TOP button.

If you want half a second or more, it won't zip you to the top on the second click ;)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest BluMommy

I'd imagine only if you clicked the same one twice, as you can do that rather quickly.

Double clicking (2 fast clicks) returns you to the top of the page, anywhere on GT, it replaces the old TOP button.

If you want half a second or more, it won't zip you to the top on the second click ;)

Ohhhh Thanks! :thumbs-up

Thanks for all your hard work with this site. I really like the bigger fonts. Am I right in saying that the only way I can go back to see what people have replied to my topics is through "my profile"? Or is there another option?

ps. Trudy, I love where it says your location..lol

edited again cause i forgot to ask why my "warn status" is showing. Did someone report me? I did nuttin i tell ya, I am innocent..lol

Edited by rschultz

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest longdoglady

I use IE8 and had few format issues ( e.g the reply box was messed up) then I realised Greytalk was running in "compatability view mode" after deselecting this it runs perfectly.

Thank you for all the hard work which goes on behind the scenes, I loooooooooooooooove Greytalk.

Guest vtgreys

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for your hard work on this (and it looks like it's far from over too).

Not sure where we're supposed to post things we notice about the new format, so here are a couple of fairly minor things I've noticed:

First, when reading a topic, the bottom part where you can initiate the fast reply has some weirdly unproportioned icons - not all, just some. I have a screenshot, but can't upload it to my gallery, says I'm not logged in, but doesn't give me the option to do so (I guess that's another problem :P).

There used to be a selection box at the bottom of the page when within a topic (it's still there on the forum index page) where you can select another forum and "go". This has disappeared everywhere but in Amber Alert. I would've chalked it off to no longer being supported/available, but then I saw it's still there in Amber Alert.

No other complaints from my end, everything seems to be working as it should - at least the features I've sued so far.

Sounds like you are an IE user, those display problems are on your end.

None are reproducible by the majority of users, though a few select IE users are having issues.

I have only see the disproportionate icons with IE6, GT is not compatible with IE6.

What gallery link are you using? Are you accessing the new or old gallery?

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest vtgreys

Using IE 8. I'll look at it in Firefox that may make the difference.

And I'm using the new gallery. Now that you say it, I remember a post with a link to the old gallery, off to go find it so I can post the screenshot

None are reproducible by the majority of users, though a few select IE users are having issues.

I have only see the disproportionate icons with IE6, GT is not compatible with IE6.

Guest vtgreys

Yup, IE issue (though I do have 8, not 6 - 8.0.6001.18865 to be precise). I should be using Firefox anyway, so scratch that part.

As for the gallery, the old one won't let me upload anymore - says it's closed after first reporting an error and to try again later. So then I tried the new gallery and I got this message on both IE and Firefox:

The following errors were found, please correct them:

You must select a category

You must select a category

You are not allowed to post images in this category so there is no reason for you to create an album in it

In IE, the "Member Galleries" category is automatically selected, but all the choices are greyed out, in Firefox, nothing is selected, but again, the categories are all greyed out. Creating a new album is what I chose, only option I saw to upload something at all, and the error generates before I even create the album.

Using IE 8. I'll look at it in Firefox that may make the difference.

And I'm using the new gallery. Now that you say it, I remember a post with a link to the old gallery, off to go find it so I can post the screenshot