Loca, Aka Reko Swahili

robinw

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, Robin... My heart feels like it just crumbled into a million little pieces. I never met her, but have always felt like I have known her; she was my Iberia's half-sister for those who didn't know, my little God-doggie, and a constant presence here on GT. I cannot believe she is gone. I remember so well when you got her and she was such a crazy handful but I knew then that after awhile there was no way that you'd trade her for anything in the world. I am so sorry for your loss; there just aren't enough words to tell you. The only comfort is knowing that she is pain-free now.

Godspeed, sweetie... Find your half-brother up there, have a good race with him, and dance on all the tables you want to. You will be sorely missed down here.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Robin....her name jumped out at me as I was just going to turn the computer off, and my heart stopped. Even knowing all the ups and downs, the pain and frustration, it breaks my heart to know she's gone. I can't imagine the pain and emptiness you must be feeling. There was something about Loca that made us think she would stay with us forever, if only out of sheer stubbornness! And maybe to give us something to talk about, to shake our heads and laugh, knowing that even when she was bad, damn, she was GOOD. She was a force to be reckoned with, wasn't she?

I just clicked on her data page and looked at her races. I've always felt a connection to Loca because she was so much like Winnie, even down to being at Dairyland. That drive and focus they both had when racing certainly carried over into their retirement. I'm sure that sometimes you wished that she'd been a little LESS focused on some things, but I know you wouldn't have changed a thing about her. How you loved her! How well you understood her, and how you did everything in your power to keep her safe and happy. She was exactly where she was meant to be, with the person who loved her best, but shared her with all of us. Robin, we'll miss her too, and we share your sadness.

I'm so, so sorry you lost your precious Loca. :grouphug

Run with the angels, sweet girl. Try and find Winnie---she'll make you feel right at home.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:cry1 I'm so sorry. :grouphug:f_red

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest grey_dreams

Robin, my breath caught when I saw this thread. It was always so much fun to read about your deeply beloved girl. How much I admire your patience and love with all her antics. I've been saddened to read of her recent illnesses but believed that she would pull through because of your love and care. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Loca.

Guest Billie
Robin, I can't believe that she's gone. :cry1 My stomach flipped when I saw this. We'll be thinking about you. :grouphug

Just saw Robin post about Loca on Facebook.... and me too, I felt like I'd been punched....and I never met Loca, just heard a lot about her from Robin, and painted her...oh Robin I cannot imagine how YOU are feeling, I am so sorry! :cry1

I am sorry to hear about Loca and had been following your recent posts in H&M. She was a beautiful crazy girl.

Run free Loca, run free sweety... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Robin,

I've been trying to find the right words to say and it's impossible to find the ones to convey how deeply saddened I am to learn about Loca. I'm so, so sorry. She was such an aptly named character from the moment she stood on the dining room table, knocked over the bottles of wine and just provided us all with endless entertainment at your expense, of course. I'm so happy that I've been lucky enough to have met Kelsey's sweet half-sister on several occasions and know that she couldn't have been more loved by anyone than you (even though you've threatened to hand her over to gypsy's more times than we can count).

Many hugs, :grouphug

Chris (and kisses from Kelsey :kiss2 )

f_yellow

Chris, with Bixby (aka Clive Bixby, fka Taplin's Bull) and the feline buggle brothers, Oliver and Salem.

Kelsey (Watch the Kick), forever in my heart.

Hi Robin - I just saw this... I'm so sorry.

I'm glad I got to meet Loca several times, and I agree with Heather - there's gonna be SOME trouble at the bridge now! I can't imagine her mischief stopping now...

Please take care of yourself - I know you've been through a lot the last several months. And give Phene a hug from me too...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest gretzky

I'm so sorry Robin. Loca stories helped me with Zella. Loca set the bar I used to measure Zella's antics against. When Zella scratched the end table while escaping the baby gated living room it was "at least she wasn't on the dining room table like Loca" etc. When I got to meet her at the Greyhound Friends open house I was excited to be meeting a celebrity. May the memories bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Godspeed Loca

Oh Robin :grouphug I am so sorry.

I remember when you got that crazy girl, you commented on your mental state for opening yourself up to a 'mature' girl and a strong willed one at that, but even then you knew that it was worth it because the joy she would bring would overshadow the pain. I love ya chicklet and I know that someday your memories of Loca will bring you more smiles than tears.

Carolyn

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Robin, I'm so very sorry. What a wonderful life she's had with you, and now a new life as an Angel.

Run with the Angels, sweetheart!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11