Loca, Aka Reko Swahili

robinw

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no Robin!!!! I'm so sorry!

Loca has always been one of my GT faves. I'm so sorry she had to leave you. :cry1

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Her life these past 5 years has been a tribute to what is possible with love and an open mind. Especially an open mind. Robin adopted a pig in a poke, so to speak -- from the wrong picture, to the . . . ahem . . . little white lies about gentle, sedate, cat-safe brood mommas who would never ask for much besides a nice meal and a soft place to sleep . . .

Robin, you gave her everything she asked for and laughed when she took extra. You made all her dreams come true.

Wild thing, loca Loca, I loved you too. No wonder there was all that lightning Monday night. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Her life these past 5 years has been a tribute to what is possible with love and an open mind. Especially an open mind. Robin adopted a pig in a poke, so to speak -- from the wrong picture, to the . . . ahem . . . little white lies about gentle, sedate, cat-safe brood mommas who would never ask for much besides a nice meal and a soft place to sleep . . .

Robin, you gave her everything she asked for and laughed when she took extra. You made all her dreams come true.

Wild thing, loca Loca, I loved you too. No wonder there was all that lightning Monday night. Godspeed.

What a great post, Jey... and I agree!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

dammit, Jey, you made me cry! and i'm at work, where i'm sure they've had enough of my crying :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for the loss of your special girl. I always enjoyed your stories of Loca's exploits. I remember when she arrived at her new home and the challenges you both went through. Godspeed to the Bridge, Loca.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Awwww ... Robin. :bighug

I've only just seen this. I don't spend much time on GT at the moment, still getting over the loss of both of mine, and I could not believe it when I saw Loca's name come up in Remembrance. I went back and read through the latest update thread and I shook. It is all too familiar. The wrong diagnosis, the wrong medication, the 'E-vet' who finally diagnosed the problem, poor Jack falling, like Loca, and heroic measures, too little too late ... even the shoulder worries. :cry1

I so feel for you, my friend. It will take you a while, no doubt, but you will come to realise that none of this was your fault. You trusted the professionals to do the right thing for you and your fur-baby and you loved her.

Many, many hugs to you. Be gentle with yourself, you did your best. I am so, so sorry. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. I'm sure I haven't felt the impact of her loss yet, so knowing I can lean on so many of you is comforting. I wanted her to be with me forever :cry1

LocaMA.jpg

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I wanted her to be with me forever :cry1

Know just what you mean.

{{{{{{{{{{Robin}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest WarmheartedPups
Thank you all so much for the good wishes. I'm sure I haven't felt the impact of her loss yet, so knowing I can lean on so many of you is comforting. I wanted her to be with me forever :cry1

I know....I know :brokenheart

Guest jettcricket

I know....I know :brokenheart

...so many of us do know how you feel. :(

Beautiful picture of your beautiful girl.

Guest Lori

That face!! :( I'm very, very sorry.

Run free and wreak havoc at the rainbow bridge, Miss Loca.

Edited by Lori

I'm so sorry for your loss, but she is healthy again and among friends.

:weep:f_pink:bighug

:angelwings:gh_bow:gh_run

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Guest charmsmom

Loca and Paris are running free together...

The Crazy Loon and the Brat...probably ruling the roost already. :bighug:

Edited by charmsmom

LocaMA.jpg

This is such a great shot of your wild child - I can just see her at the bridge, causing all sorts of chaos!

Sending lots of healing energy your way. Scritches to Phene.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

:f_white :f_white I'm so sorry

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)