Loca, Aka Reko Swahili

robinw

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sniffy

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear this.

You gave Loca a home when nobody else would give her a chance, and for that you are to be commended.

I was glad to have met her (and you) a few years ago.

She's dragging her liquor bottle across the bridge (does everybody remember that story ? :wub: ) and is probably scheming mischief with Twiggy right now.

:f_white

Guest D_MansMommy

:cry1 Robin I am so sorry :grouphug I loved Loca. What a character. She put Donovan in his place in Dewey. I feel honored to have known that fiesty girl :wub:

Run free sweet Loca :f_red

:cry1 Robin I am so sorry :grouphug I loved Loca. What a character. She put Donovan in his place in Dewey. I feel honored to have known that fiesty girl :wub:

Chris, I know you loved Loca. Do you remember when she broke into your suitcase and ate all of poor Donovan's cookies? :heart

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest D_MansMommy

Chris, I know you loved Loca. Do you remember when she broke into your suitcase and ate all of poor Donovan's cookies? :heart

OMG yes :lol And she stole his stuffie :lol She was one of a kind :wub:

Run free Sweet Loca. Rusty joined you last night and now you two are running together with all the others.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest Jessbooch

Truly the end of an era. I'm not on Greytalk much these days after losing Bugsy, but Loca was such a part of my introduction to the greyhound community, just knowing her through your posts here on GT. She's a genuine celebrity and will never be forgotten.

Guest adriahna

Oh, no. Robin, I just read this today - my deepest heartfelt condolences. I was fortunate to meet Loca on a couple of occasions - she was a FIREBRAND of the finest sort. She will be missed, very much. Many hugs.

Guest PawsDeDeux

Oh, I remember this and so much more. The majority of my memories of Dewey include Loca-Loca-Loca.

Stuffie stealer of the group, her and Roady getting diva'd up and us laughing ourselves silly over dressing

them like dolls. Roady and I were honored that Loca would share our bed -- laying like the diva she was

at the foot of the bed, heartbreakingly beautiful. Doing the demonstrations at Claudia's talks.... :lol

Laughter through the tears, and the tears are flowing. She will forever be remembered and in my heart,

although my heart is very heavy today after reading this.

I'm so sorry for your loss Robin. And Phene too, he must really feel the pain of it as well.

I will whisper her name at all blessings and treasure the lovely memories of her glorious Joie de vivre forever.

yellowrosesgetwell.jpg

I just saw this too. :f_white Like so many, I enjoyed the tales of Loca. She will be greatly missed.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Im so sorry Robin :grouphug

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest RooRoo

Robin,

Please accept our belated yet most heartfelt sympathies f_yellow

Sweet Loca :angelwings Our thoughts are with you during the difficult days ahead.

Maria, Michael, Rizzo & Kiwi

Just thinking about you guys tonight, and remembering Loca and Sunscreen Man snuggling on the bed together when we were visiting. Sigh...

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Just thinking about you guys tonight, and remembering Loca and Sunscreen Man snuggling on the bed together when we were visiting. Sigh...

they were so special together, weren't they? :beatheart

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.