Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mystery goo! Love it Xan

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sending prayers for a positive outcome. Love the bird story-I think it's a good omen also.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Sending prayers and healing thoughts.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

We just heard from the vet's office and we have a diagnosis, sort of. Not osteo, but some sort of sarcoma. They don't know what. The woman at the vets office said they found spindle cells, if that indicates anything to any of you. I'm praying not hemangiosarcoma. I don't know what the other choices are, though. Whatever it is, they are referring us to another vet. They want to have them surgically remove the tumor (not the leg) with wide margins. I've asked them to fax the info over to OSU and to me. I feel like we're getting closer to an answer but I still feel confused. Ugh.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

We just heard from the vet's office and we have a diagnosis, sort of. Not osteo, but some sort of sarcoma. They don't know what.

Any word from OSU yet? :unsure How's Cosmo doing today? :huh

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

A huge hug and more prayers that they find out exactly what it is and how to deal with it.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

We just heard from the vet's office and we have a diagnosis, sort of. Not osteo, but some sort of sarcoma. They don't know what.

Any word from OSU yet? :unsure How's Cosmo doing today? :huh

No, OSU still hasn't gotten back to me. I know they got the xrays this morning and the cytology this afternoon and I know they're busy. I have a consult at the other vet tomorrow afternoon so I'm hoping I'll hear from them before then.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

I'm attaching Cosmo's cytology here. Any opinions, professional or otherwise, greatly appreciated. The vet we've been referred to is one of those large conglomerate types. If it's as expensive as I fear it might be we're going to have to try and find someone else who can do the surgery and I guess I want to know what questions to ask (and to ask of these people because I have no idea if they know Greyhounds or not, either). I've emailed Dr. Feeman while I wait to see if OSU gets back to me. I feel so lost. :(

CosmoCytology.jpg

Geez, even trying to research it , it's all greek to me. Hopefully someone on here with experience can give you a clue as to what this means.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Sending more good thoughts for Cosmo... :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:candle :candle :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'll check back in a while. I'm going to dig Foxy's pathology report out, because a great deal of that is ringining a bell.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'll check back in a while. I'm going to dig Foxy's pathology report out, because a great deal of that is ringining a bell.

Thanks, Janet! I really appreciate it!!!!

Guest Energy11

It sounds like you ARE dealing with a cancer/malignancy. IF I WERE YOU, I'd contact OSU, and bring Cosmo there. THEY ARE the greyhound authorities, and they DO give GH owners a "break" in some of their pricing. This is what I would do.

I WANT to bring my Curfew (presumed brain tumor) there, for a full neuro work up and MRI, but, I am looking at $1400, so I cannot at this time. We take his problem, day by day.

I'd just contact Dr. Couto directly, and see what he thinks. He ALWAYS gets back to you, and I trust him the most! couto.1@osu.edu (his email).

Hug Cosmo for us, and keep us posted! Love and prayers from this end! Dee and The Five