Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D_MansMommy

Tracey, I can't believe this :( Hugs to you, Cosmo and your family :grouphug If you need anything you know we are here for you :grouphug

Cancer does really, really suck and is so unfair :(

Oh, Tracey.... I'm SO sorry. I was totally hoping to get a different diagnosis.

:bighug

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

OMG, I am so relieved. I just got off the phone with my vet's office and have a price for the amp. $1100-1500. They're circling back with the surgeon to schedule the surgery. The surgeon will do the surgery at the vet's office and Cosmo will rehab there at least overnight. They have a tech who LIVES at the vet's office (it is the most lovely victorian house and she lives upstairs) who will give Cosmo round the clock care after the surgery. Now per Diane (VirginiaGreys) I have to get OSU to overnight Amicar to my vet and I need to get their pain relief cocktail recipe as well. Looks like everything is coming together. Thank God.

Edited to add: I don't know where my head is at (well, yes I do) but I have so many people to thank for being so helpful. Janet, Carol, Diane and everyone else who has been so generous with their time and an absolute wealth of information. Pat for her most generous offer of the use of her van. Absolutely incredible. And countless other people who have been so supportive of Cosmo. I know I am forgetting people, so I am sorry, but please know that all your kind words have meant so much. I realize we are hardly the first family to face this awful disease but it is a first for us, so thank you all for being so patient in the face of my craziness. Y'all are keeping me sane.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest PhillyPups

Ah Tracey,

When I first faced this horrid disease, it was pre-internet boards ~ just me and my SugarBear, my lady love ~ a very lonely place to be.

:bighug to you and :hope:hope:hope for sweet Cosmo

The offer remains on the table should you need it at all. AND a :kiss2 to your vet and staff.

Tracey, you are all in my prayers. I've been following this since day one. A huge hug to you!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Just reading this :( please follow Dr Couto's protocol regarding greyhound bleeding.

That is a amazing price for the amp I will pray all goes smoothly.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Prayers and good thoughts...

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

That is awesome Tracey. Things are falling in to place. I bet you are feeling a bit better, just knowing you are moving forward.

I wish I was closer and could offer some help in person, but you know how to find me if you need anything.

Big :bighug to all of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Just to update: Went to the vet today to pick up Rimadyl and they called in a scrip for more Tramadol, so now she's on 50mg of Tramadol and 75mg of Rimadyl twice a day. Going back for bloodwork Tuesday morning. Surgeon must be out of town this weekend as they haven't heard back from him as to when he can do the surgery. If I can't get a date for surgery next week by Monday I will start looking elsewhere. Diane, I may need your vet's contact info. We will go down to Virginia if we have to; her leg is dangling like a limp noodle and it HAS to come off.

Edited to adjust dosages.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Hope you hear something really soon.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest VirginiaGreys
Just to update: Went to the vet today to pick up Rimadyl and they called in a scrip for more Tramadol, so now she's on 50mg of both twice a day. Going back for bloodwork Tuesday morning. Surgeon must be out of town this weekend as they haven't heard back from him as to when he can do the surgery. If I can't get a date for surgery next week by Monday I will start looking elsewhere. Diane, I may need your vet's contact info. We will go down to Virginia if we have to; her leg is dangling like a limp noodle and it HAS to come off.

Most certainly! I can make some phone calls on Monday...and I'll see about emailing him this weekend...see if he's able to respond via email too.

Guest RynnAndLyra

Tracey - I misunderstood - I thought it was all set. Please don't worry- Sterling's leg was useless for about almost 2 weeks before he had his surgery - ok? In a way - I think it helped Sterling learn how to walk and do stairs on three legs because his leg was useless.

We just used the patch and Tramadol for pain. What we did was 200 mg of Tramadol - over a 24 hour period - with 25 mg given every 3 hours. It really seemed to work well to conrol the pain - but it also means - you are up every 3 hours during the night. I took the week off after his surgery. Can you take some time off????

If you pm me - it will go to my work email and I won't see it til monday. If you want to - email me at: merann.dickinson@hotmail.com.

I have been thinking about you both all day.

Sterls had his stitches out today and everything looks good! He even got on his couch today - for the first time since the surgery!!

Please take care!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Just to update: Went to the vet today to pick up Rimadyl and they called in a scrip for more Tramadol, so now she's on 50mg of both twice a day. Going back for bloodwork Tuesday morning. Surgeon must be out of town this weekend as they haven't heard back from him as to when he can do the surgery. If I can't get a date for surgery next week by Monday I will start looking elsewhere. Diane, I may need your vet's contact info. We will go down to Virginia if we have to; her leg is dangling like a limp noodle and it HAS to come off.

There is a vet just over the RI border who I would trust my own life with.

He's excellent with greyhounds, he's reasonable in cost and he lives in the house where his practice is.

I've used Dr Dan for everything from normal shots on up to broken legs, bloat, torn ACLs and a ton more.

That is if you can't get the surgeon your waiting on.

continued thoughts and prayers :hope :hope