Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

:goodluck and :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Tracey and Jason, I'm so sorry. I know this is not what you're wanting to have to deal with -- I'm sending you guys and Miss Cosmo lots of prayers!

:grouphug

I'm sorry to hear your news :( Sending all best wishes for Cosmo and for you :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest eaglflyt

I'm praying for Cosmo and your entire family. I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis. I'm praying for the very best for each of you.

Guest KennelMom

Oh NO! :( Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you and Cosmo :hope :hope

When I contacted OSU about Harmony's illness, I just used the contact info from their Health and Wellness site - a doctor emailed me back within a few hours of my first email. I had the vet here fax everything over to them.

:(

That is a low blow.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Tracey, I'm so sorry. I hate this disease!!!!!!!!!!!

I have your number somewhere, I'll give you a call.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh Tracey, I'm so very sorry. I had prayed that it would be better news. My prayers going out to you and Cosmo.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:ohno Oh no! :cry1:(

Tracey, I'm so sorry. I'm sending all the good thoughts I can muster your way. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest MnMDogs

OMG Tracey. I have no words, and I'm trying not to cry for you and Cosmo. I really don't know what to say :(

Edited to ask if you have pain meds for her?

Edited by MnMDogs

Thanks, EVERYONE, for all of the kind and supportive words. They mean so much.

Carol, all we have right now is the antibiotic and the steroid (cephalaxin and prednisone). He told us to knock off the previcox while she's taking the prednisone. I'll find out on Saturday what else she can have, if anything.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, no. I am so sorry. Will keep you and Cosmo tucked tightly in our prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest MnMDogs
Thanks, EVERYONE, for all of the kind and supportive words. They mean so much.

Carol, all we have right now is the antibiotic and the steroid (cephalaxin and prednisone). He told us to knock off the previcox while she's taking the prednisone. I'll find out on Saturday what else she can have, if anything.

I didn't see this when I sent you my last PM. If she can tolerate tramadol, I would try to get that for her, or some equivalent.

More prayers coming yours and Cosmo's way. I was hoping for a diffferent prognosis but we will not give up the battle! Give Cosmo a hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.