Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

Cosmo suddenly started limping yesterday. She's not swollen anywhere, no sign of cuts or anything, no reaction when we manipulate her leg and foot. I don't know what to think but she's limping pretty severely. There have been a couple of times in the last couple of weeks where I've noticed something just looked "off" in the way she was walking. Jason noticed it too. But it was so slight each time and it would vanish as quickly as it started so I figured I was just being paranoid. I try not to look at the Greyhounds as walking time bombs, but sometimes I just can't help myself. Anyway, I'm trying not to panic, but not doing a very good job. I'm really worried. She's got an appointment tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime she seems comfortable as long as she's not walking. And if you all could reassure me I'm worrying for nothing, that would be great. My baby girl's only 7.

Edited by Tracey

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MnMDogs

Oh jeez, Tracey. I'll be thinking about you guys tomorrow, and hoping for nothing more than a simple strain or arthritis.

Know you have lots of prayers coming from here. Our minds always go towards the worst when we see them limping, let's hope to God it's way off base!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

:grouphug:goodluck:beatheart

We are thinking of you and praying here, that is is nothing serious or bad. PLEASE do NOT stress until you have to, and that is IF you have to! Most likely, at that age, it is a sprain or strain.

Hugs from all of us! D

Good thoughts headed your way for Cosmo Tracey. There are a zillion and one reasons why she is limping. Not all of them are cancer, that is just the one you think of first. Please let us know how she makes out and know you have lots of support here. :grouphug

Sending "It's nothing serious" thoughts and prayers for Miss Cosmo. :hope:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Fingers crossed .....

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest pennmorgan

Our Olivia randomly limped twice each for a few days a month or so ago. We couldn't figure it out. The first time it cleared up with a few days of aspirin, but the second time it was so severe she couldn't go up the two stairs in our condo. She was a trooper and wanted to do her usual walk. We manipulated all of her toes and legs and couldn't figure it out. The vet couldn't either, but put us on Deramaxx (1/2 tab for 10 days) and she's been perfect since.

At any rate, we still don't know what it was, although I suspect it was something that irritated her on her walk (we have a lot of pebbly sidewalks around here that she likes to avoid). I hope things come out okay!

She's still favoring the leg but she's not limping as badly as she was yesterday. She won't stay off it either. It was sunny and beautiful this morning so she kept pacing around to wake me up to let her out. Our appt's at 4:15. I'll try and update when we get back but if I don't have time before I have to be somewhere at 7:00 I may not update till late. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Keep them coming.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

Thinking about Cosmo and praying it's "n-o-t-h-i-n-g".

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

We're back. Cosmo wasn't limping much by the time we got to the vet. He manipulated her leg and foot every which way and got zero reaction. He thinks whatever happened is resolving itself. He drew some blood to check for Lyme disease and that came back negative. He gave me some Rimadyl for her, 1/2 tab twice a day. She's supposed to take it easy and I'm just to keep an eye on her. So that's a relief. Hopefully I have panicked for nothing.

And as an added bonus he said her weight's perfect at 62 and that her teeth look fantastic for her age. Said he never would have guessed she was seven. Thanks again for all the good thoughts. They seem to have worked. :)