Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please know that we will be thinking of you and your girl here to.

Tracey, you're giving her a gift and although it may not feel like that now, I hope that the day comes soon that you feel that.

May St Francis watch over her tomorrow and may every one of our Angels watch over as well

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest RynnAndLyra

Tracey - if you could see Sterling - you would not second guess yourself at all. I swear he has a smile on his face all the time. I was worried how I would feel -looking at my beautiful dog with only three legs. Nothing changed - you still see your beautiful baby and how much they love life. Take care.

But in my heart I feel like I am taking something from her and who am I to decide such a thing? She is so happy and so full of life

I believe you have answered the question for yourself :grouphug

Funny, but I've seen it and I've said it many times: dogs adjust. They have no preconceived ideas about "handicaps". They do what they need to survive. As you have said, she is already not using the leg. This is a big plus. She will be fine. It's you that needs hugs :)

Sending many prayers the surgery goes well!

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest 4baddogs

My sister always says "animals adjust far more easily and quicker than we do" and that's very true. Cosmo will amaze you with her recovery, I'm sure.

Lots or prayers for you precious girl.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Tracey....I won't regret my decision to give Dodge a second chance. I did when he first came home and when I thought he was not going to get through that first week....but the extra time I've had now to spend with him and him with us....no regrets. I don't know if we have a day, a week, a month or years with him right now, but I'm going to try and enjoy them all.

It's not an easy decision....I prayed for a week to make the right decision...and once I made it...I tried really hard to not look back. It's hard though not to, because you will always wonder if you made the right one or not. Was it selfish, or was it not? I say this with tears in my eyes because I know that you will be where I am in a month....and perhaps saying this to someone else after you've been through what I've been through with Dodge.

It's not always easy (those first few weeks), but like you've been told or have read....2 weeks seems like the time frame that it just clicks and you'll have your little girl back....just without the pain of that useless and painful leg.

:grouphug

Hugs to you, Tracey. It is a horrible decision to have to make. Once you've made it, hang on for the ride, and come out the other side with Cosmo in a few weeks.

:bighug :bighug :bighgu

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest LANDOLISA
I know, logically, the leg has to go. It's already ruined, it needs to go. It's either this or say goodbye very, very soon. But no one warned me what a s****y decision this would feel like. I have feelings of guilt and anguish the depths of which I cannot begin to describe. I look at all the photos and videos of happy pups running and playing on three legs and I try to tell myself she will be one of them in a few weeks. But in my heart I feel like I am taking something from her and who am I to decide such a thing? She is so happy and so full of life and I wish I could somehow explain to Cosmo that to give her a chance to spend more time here doing the things she loves that her leg has to go. Unfortunately we can't have that conversation. I pray she will understand, when all is said and done, that her Dad and I did this for love.

I know exactly how you feel, I am having the same feelings, but didn't know how to express it in writing... Sending Payers for Cosmo, you and your family... :hope:candle:bighug

Tracey, our thoughts are with you and Cosmo tomorrow. Like the others that have gone through a recent amputation, Jamey is doing well on 3 legs(except for the infection setback). In two to three weeks Cosmo will be 'tripawding' around like she's done it all her life.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

You're in on the nightly candle, Cosmo . . . . and hugs to your mom who's giving you the chance for a doesn't-hurt-anymore life.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Tracey....I won't regret my decision to give Dodge a second chance. I did when he first came home and when I thought he was not going to get through that first week....but the extra time I've had now to spend with him and him with us....no regrets. I don't know if we have a day, a week, a month or years with him right now, but I'm going to try and enjoy them all.

It's not an easy decision....I prayed for a week to make the right decision...and once I made it...I tried really hard to not look back. It's hard though not to, because you will always wonder if you made the right one or not. Was it selfish, or was it not? I say this with tears in my eyes because I know that you will be where I am in a month....and perhaps saying this to someone else after you've been through what I've been through with Dodge.

It's not always easy (those first few weeks), but like you've been told or have read....2 weeks seems like the time frame that it just clicks and you'll have your little girl back....just without the pain of that useless and painful leg.

:grouphug

Tracey, Diane is exactly right! And she's just a few weeks ahead of you and Cosmo in this journey, so everything you are feeling, she has felt too.

Your sweet girl will be in my prayers tomorrow, and throughout her recovery.

Best advice---get some sleep while she's at the hospital!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I think the fact that Cosmo is doing so well already on 3 legs is your answer. I am so sorry you have to make this decision, but by making it-you are giving her a gift, making this pain go away.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

I'll be thinking good thoughts and praying for you guys tomorrow.

Guest EmbersDad

remember, itsbetter to hop on 3 legs than to limp on 4. it will be scary at first, then as cosmo begins to recover, you will be amazed at the transformation.

Thanks for that, Tom.

Just posted some new pics in a thread in cute and funny. Please enjoy. :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Good luck today lovely Cosmo :wub:

Tracy :grouphug (remember to breeeeath)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thanks, Bev!

Leaving momentarily for Cosmo's big adventure. Please think good thoughts for her.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thinking of you and Cosmo today and praying for a successful and safe surgery for your girl and a swift recovery.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest HeatherDemps

Thinking of you guys today..... Prayers for a successful surgery and quick healing. I know it's a scarey time for you, but hang in there- Cosmo will absolutely stun you in a few days....