Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry, Sending lots of prayers and Hugs too.... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope

Edit: Sorry I did not see the update. :grouphug

Edited by 4greyhounds

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest VirginiaGreys

Tears are in my eyes as I read the dx.....I was so hoping that Cosmo would be just fine. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug

We're off to the vets for xrays now. Wish us luck.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending best thoughts!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending my prayers. Please hug Cosmo for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Good luck :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Energy11
We're back. Dr. Tosici immediately found a large lesion on her right shoulder. I don't know if the other (substitute) vet missed it or if it just wasn't visible 16 days ago. We go back at 7:15 Saturday morning for x-rays, including of her chest to see if amputation is even an option, assuming this is osteo, which he thinks it probably is. In the meantime he told us to stop the Previcox and he gave us cephalaxin because she has an infection on her elbow from chewing it and he gave us prednisone as well, but frankly, the whole thing is kind of a blur right now, so I'm not sure what it's for. Anyone hazard a guess? Dr. Tosici said rather than waste time with a second opinion he's going to have the xrays looked at by a radiologist.

Janet (or anyone else who knows), just so I'm ready, can you tell me the best way to contact Dr. Couto and OSU and what they'll need for starters so I don't waste more time? Thanks.

I cried all the way home so I'm pretty much numb right now. I can't believe this is happening to Cosmo. Please pray for her.

The Prednisone is for swelling and inflammation. Cosmo is probably "chewing" the area, becasue it hurts. The Pred and Cephalaxin is a good course of meds right now. You cannot give Previcox, if the dog is on Pred, but Tramadol is safe, and a good pain killer. I'd ask for some of that.

RE: OSU ... will need all copies of x-rays, vets notes on what was found/not found, medications dog is on, weight, age, etc. THEY can tell you exactly what they'll need.

I KNOW this stinks! We are going through something similar everyday, NOT knowing exactly what Curfew has. (*It is a "presumed" brain tumor,)" ... I WISH we could afford to take him to OSU for a definitive diagnosis.

Good luck with Cosmo, and our prayers are with you! Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, Cari, and Bold Energy, Dasher and Max, at The Bridge. :bighug:getwell:candle:hope

We're back. We went to Dr. T's office for the leg xrays and he did the fine needle aspiration as well. He seemed to think there was something weird about what he drew out. He was talking about it being cystlike before he drew anything out, and when he did get a sample it was very thick and jelly-like (his description). He had a tough time getting good slides because the stuff was so thick. It was weird too, and maybe it was just because we weren't sure what to expect, although he seemed sort of surprised too, by how much the growth shrank as he was doing the aspiration. Cosmo actually seemed to be walking better after it was done.

After the FNA we went over to a second vet for chest xrays. We brought them back to Dr. T who said they were clear and then sent us off with all the xrays so we can send them to OSU. I have already been in contact with them and told them if these don't suit them we will see if we can find someone who CAN do the digital xrays. My vet is supposed to get the cytology on the FNA on Tuesday and will fax that over to OSU.

Cute after-story. Once we were done we figured Cosmo had earned a treat so we took her to McDonalds for breakfast. We got breakfast for ourselves as well and parked in the shade with the windows open to eat. While we were sitting there, a little sparrow landed on the side mirror on my side of the car. We were shocked at how bold she was. Then she flew over and landed on Jason's side mirror. She disappeared and then came back and at first we thought she was actually going to fly into the car. She was hovering right outside Cosmo's window. Then she flew over to Jason's window and hovered there until he threw a piece of bread out for her. She scooped it up and flew over to a bush to enjoy her breakfast. It was a really neat little moment. I don't know why, but I took it as a good omen. Cosmo's guardian angel, perhaps.

Thanks so much for all your positive thoughts and please keep praying for Cosmo. I'll update you on Tuesday when I hear something.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

That is odd that is seemed to shrink. I love the bird story Tracey, I'd take that as a good omen. Fingers crossed and prayers until all the results are in. If you think of anything else, give me a holler.

:bighug to all of you.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Praying for a good outcome Tracey. Will keep you all in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Glad you all went to McDonalds! I can actually PICTURE the scene described!

Yes, that little sparrow MIGHT be a good Omen! Having been a paramedic for years, I have seen things NO ONE else would believe!

Now, go home, rest, maybe rent a movie, and TRY to forget about all of this for a while ... YOU have to!

Love and hugs! Dee and The Five