Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

Guest greytbookert

Cosmo! I'm glad that she is home and it would seem that her recovery is going very well! I'll keep you in my prayers for a completely non eventful recovery.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad to hear that Cosmo is doing so well. I've been thinking of her, and I appreciate you taking the time to update us. Gentle healing hugs and scritches from my hound family to you and yours.

It sounds like she's doing really great Tracey :D

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Awww, good girl Cosmo. More prayers for a non-eventful recovery.

On a side note, I have been waiting for my Cosmos flowers to bloom. The day Cosmo had her surgery, I came home to the first bloom, and yesterday about 15 are blooming. :) I know the spelling and meaning are different, but I have always thought of your girl when I am gardening in that area.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Tracey....I'm so glad that everything is going well so far for Cosmo and yourself. Continue to sleep when you can. I took daily naps to try and keep up. I finally slept inside the xpen with Dodge and had the leash on him and tied around my hand...so that if and when he woke and had to go potty..that I didn't sleep through the "potty" time. LOL (I know I must have looked a sight in that crate though). But it also gave me time with Dodge to bond and know how he was feeling. I had the xpen set up in our living room...so I watched tv with him in the xpen too. LOL

We had a few accidents too after Dodge got off the IV's (while on IV's it was expected)...but still there can be some accidents till she's back to feeling better and on schedule again.

Even now...I try to protect Dodge as best I can from the others...mostly during those excitable times like "Daddy or mommy coming home" or "treat time". The girls forget that Dodge is still tender and they crash into him and bump him...sorta like when us humans have sunburn on the back and for some god forsaken reason everyone wants to slap us on our backs! That's what happens to Dodge. Then he yelps and I cringe. :(

I pray that Cosmo continues to do well and has no set backs. From what I'm hearing...it sounds really good! :yay

Guest HeatherDemps

That's great news!!! So happy for you and Cosmo.

BTW, the hanging loose skin is normal... same exact thing happened with Dempsey... it goes back to normal pretty quickly!

Heather

Awww, good girl Cosmo. More prayers for a non-eventful recovery.

On a side note, I have been waiting for my Cosmos flowers to bloom. The day Cosmo had her surgery, I came home to the first bloom, and yesterday about 15 are blooming. :) I know the spelling and meaning are different, but I have always thought of your girl when I am gardening in that area.

Aww, that's sweet, Sioux. :) Even though Cosmo was named after Cosmo Kramer, I always tell her she was named after the flower. I never wanted to give her a complex for not having a girly name.

cosmos-purple-pink.jpg

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm glad Cosmo's doing well. Cali had the loose skin from all the fluids she had and it went away in a couple of days. She also had a couple of potty accidents in the house and that has stopped. I also slept on a mattress in the living room with her so I could be right there in case she needed to go out.

FYI, as of today, Cali can jump into and out of the van unassisted and was actually thinking about jumping onto my very high off the ground bed.

Continued wishes for a speedy recovery for Cosmo!

Vicky and my best boys Vern (Rockin Big Mike) and Wil (Deco Abilene Wil).

Missing my best girl Cali (BOC's Kaylynn) at the Bridge.