Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sort of a non-update. We had a looong meeting with the surgeon this morning. Much to his chagrin, I suppose, because I had a file full of articles and lots of questions that had to get answered before I was going to relinquish my little girl. Anyway, Dr. White said he had another procedure scheduled first so her surgery wouldn't likely start until 2:00 pm (right about now, eeeee). He expected to update me around 5:00 pm EST but said not to panic if it wasn't by then; just means he got delayed somewhere. So that's where we're at. And I'm trying not to drive myself nuts waiting for the phone to ring.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Good. Go take a nap. Or go shoe-shopping, and make fun of all the shoes. Or, take Morgan and Chase for a good, long hike. Or play some stupid video games. Or work?

Nah!

:lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Dr. White just had his vet tech call. He is closing up the incision right now and will call in about a half hour or so once he's finished. But the tech said "so far, so good".

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus

So far so good sounds great to me :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Just got off the phone with the vet. Cosmo's all done. He recommended another biopsy as so much of the tumor was outside the bone and he thought it best to confirm for sure for sure what sort of cancer this is before we start the chemo. He told me to give a call back before bedtime to check on how she's doing and again in the morning and depending on how she progresses and whether or not they think she'll do better and eat better at home they may decide to send her home tomorrow night. Anyway, he said she's doing well, not making much noise and resting quietly with her head on her little red pillow. :wub::kiss2

I know we're not out of the woods yet, so please keep thinking good thoughts.

Guest VirginiaGreys

It's a good start though....get your sleep...I mean it. Take some melatonin if you need to...and don't forget those vitamins for you too! :grouphug

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad she had a successful surgery and I'm now praying for a quick recovery. ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family, too!

I called at 9:45 pm to check on her and was told she'd had a bit to eat and was sleeping when I called. All unremarkable and I'll happily take it. I'm to call back before noon Wednesday for the next update.

Hugs and kisses for Cosmo, Tracey!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

"Unremarkable" sounds like really good news after a big surgery! Prayers for you and Cosmo continue as well as quiet cheering so as not to wake the patient.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Excellent update: I just talked to Dr. Griswold and she said Cosmo is really doing wonderful. She's been "popping up" on her own already and wanting to go out. She's eating well and has been outside and is motoring around very well on three legs. They're very pleased. She told me to call at 5 if I don't hear from them first. They may want to send her home tonight. I'm a little nervous about her coming home so quickly, but if they say she's ready to go, I believe them.