Cosmo's Limping. It's Osteo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*leak*

Good girl Cosmo :wub:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guess who gets to come home tonight? :)

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Holy smokes!

HAPPY HOMECOMING, little girl! Sending scritchies to you and hugs to your momma and daddy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very glad to learn Cosmo is doing great and coming home. She will be up and running around in no time, our 3 legged boy did wonderful and ran fast enough to keep up with the 4 legged ones. Not to worry, she will do great and no more pain from that "dang" leg. Sending hugs and biscuits her way.

Guess who gets to come home tonight? :)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :couchjump

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Stopping in to send more good thoughts. Hope you had a good night.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Continued prayers for your baby girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest RynnAndLyra

Great news Tracey!! I just ordered a harness for Sterling from PetEdge - pm me and I can scan the page and send it to you - it would work for Cosmo too!!

Cosmo's home and has been since late last night. I guess looking at all the post-amp photos paid off because seeing her wasn't the shock I was braced for. The only thing that seemed odd to me compared to other amps I've seen photos of is the amount of loose skin she had. They said it should tighten up over time. I don't mind about that as long as it isn't anything to be alarmed by.

We got home with Cosmo a little after 11:00pm last night. It was a tense drive home. The vet is 46 miles away and a couple of times, despite Jason's best efforts, he hit a bump, or went over an expansion joint on the freeway and then Cosmo would scream and jump up. It was heart wrenching and even though it only happened twice we white-knuckled the whole drive home in case it happened again. We are so thankful that (hopefully and knock on wood) she doesn't have to go anywhere in the car until it's time for her stitches to come out.

Anyway, Cosmo tinkled in the front yard before she went inside and then when she came in I fed her some ground beef and gave her a Tramadol and she settled down on a pile of beds, towels and pillows in the living room and rested quietly. I had Morgan and Chase blocked out and Morgan just went upstairs and went to sleep but Chase hates being separated from us so we finally let him come in but made him sit on the couch with us while we kept a hold of his collar. He kept wanting to go see Cosmo (as in whining, whining, whining and nose dripping) but finally gave up and went to sleep. I think letting everyone be in the same room together will have to wait at least a few days until she's not so tender any more.

I wound up taking Cosmo out for a leash potty again before we went to sleep and then slept myself while she was sleeping from about 3:30 - 6:00. I woke up to Cosmo whining and by the time I got to her she'd had a potty accident in the living room. She's been drinking a lot of water since she got home. I suppose that's normal. I took her outside to see if she had to #2 which she didn't and then when I brought her back in she was panting and didn't want to lie down so I decided to give her a Rimadyl (they said she could have the Tramadol last night but not start the Rimadyl until this morning) and then she settled down and slept until about 11:00 a.m. and so did I. She was down and quiet until she heard me coming and then she got up and started whining.

Took her out for another pee only, gave her some more ground beef and a Tramadol and now she's napping again. Her appetite's been really good and she keeps wanting to follow me into the kitchen to see what I'll give her but, of course, I'm trying to limit her movement. Once last night after we got home and then a couple of times this morning she got up and came over to me on the couch just so I'd pet her head. Very sweet and choked me up a bit as you might imagine.

Anyway, so far she's doing very well. Keep thinking good thoughts for an uneventful recovery for her. Thanks!

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.