Need Help

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest boondog

***UPDATE***

I just got back from visiting Patti at OSU. Dr. Couto says it's not as bad as he thought and the tumor is likely Grade 1 or maybe a low 2. Pave will have surgery tomorrow. It will be performed by the surgeon Dr. Couto requested because she is an expert in mast cell tumors. All things considered, this is greyt news. Patti is driving back to Chicago today, so keep the prayers coming.

Also, I would just like to say what an absolute doll Pave is. They said she was so stressed in the back room that she took a nap. :) She was working the waiting room like everyone was there to see her.

***UPDATE***

I just got back from visiting Patti at OSU. Dr. Couto says it's not as bad as he thought and the tumor is likely Grade 1 or maybe a low 2. Pave will have surgery tomorrow. It will be performed by the surgeon Dr. Couto requested because she is an expert in mast cell tumors. All things considered, this is greyt news. Patti is driving back to Chicago today, so keep the prayers coming

I may very well wet myself at that news :D I know its still Evil but a 1 or a low 2 sounds.....well...it sounds as good as we can get :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thank you!! Best news I've heard today. Flippy will be there on Thurs. to have her mast cell checked. Believe me, I'll be checking on Pave while I'm there.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

***UPDATE***

I just got back from visiting Patti at OSU. Dr. Couto says it's not as bad as he thought and the tumor is likely Grade 1 or maybe a low 2. Pave will have surgery tomorrow. It will be performed by the surgeon Dr. Couto requested because she is an expert in mast cell tumors. All things considered, this is greyt news. Patti is driving back to Chicago today, so keep the prayers coming.

Also, I would just like to say what an absolute doll Pave is. They said she was so stressed in the back room that she took a nap. :) She was working the waiting room like everyone was there to see her.

:yay:yay:yay:yay

Thank you so much for posting this, I've been watching the clock!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

:yay :yay :yay :yay for the positive news!!!!!! :yay :yay

continuing to send prayers for Pave and for Patti to get home safely!!!! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thank goodness :yay:yay

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Just got home. Patti got on the road about 30 minutes ago. Figure about 7 hours til she gets home. Pave' happily went back to the back of the clinic to spend the night. She's having a good time so far. So many people to schmooze and dags to sniff.

Guest KyGrey

Sending more prayers. I may not be online much lately but this has been on my mind a lot among other things.

Praying for a safe journey for Patti.

That is terrific news.

Rich

Nicklaus (Okie Nicklaus) 4/1/95- 3/21/07, Alexandra (Noble Mason)7/22/99-6/27/11, Tsar (Noble Pratt)7/22/99-11/25/10, Tully (Noble Tully) 7/22/99- 11-3-06, Sunny (Primary Buddy)6/7/08-3/16/12 Sasha ( Rooftop Silvey ), Screamer (Rooftop Screamer), Gil's Chico (Chico), JD Rip Tide (Remy), Gypsy ( Gypsy Dancer), Foxy (WTD Right Right)

Greyhound Alliance: www.greyhoundalliance.org

Sunburst Project: www.sunburstproject.org

It may not be home, but it sure is a good place for a greyhound to be.

Keeping Pave Maria and Flippy in my prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Keepin the faith...

I would expect nothing less of my precious Godhound than to treat this trip to OSU as nothing short of "The Pave' Maria Show". After all, the world DOES revolve around her. She and Flippy have all my heart and prayers and best wishes for safe treatments and back to home soon. Kisses Patti....

Auntie Leslie

Edited by rycezmom

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Great news so far! Sending more prayers for everything to go smoothly and for safe travels for Patti.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

To Flippy and Pave's parents:

I am at OSU often for Joe to give blood. I thought I would pass along my observations about the people who work at OSU. I have been so impressed by how much these people truly, honestly care about their patients.

For example, I happened to be in one day for Joe to give blood. Dr. Christina Iazbik is the vet in charge of the blood bank. They had to go to look for her and found her curled in a kennel cuddling a greyhound that was due to have her leg removed (due to osteo) the following day. I bet this is not a unique occurance.

So rest assured, not only do our babies receive the best medical care from this group, they get spoiled rotten!

Jane

To Flippy and Pave's parents:

I am at OSU often for Joe to give blood. I thought I would pass along my observations about the people who work at OSU. I have been so impressed by how much these people truly, honestly care about their patients.

For example, I happened to be in one day for Joe to give blood. Dr. Christina Iazbik is the vet in charge of the blood bank. They had to go to look for her and found her curled in a kennel cuddling a greyhound that was due to have her leg removed (due to osteo) the following day. I bet this is not a unique occurance.

So rest assured, not only do our babies receive the best medical care from this group, they get spoiled rotten!

Jane

:wub: Dr. Christina kept Zinger in her office for the whole day after his amp. :wub:

This is FABULOUS NEWS!!!!! Their family needs some good news right about now! Prayers and white light beaming from the Northwest!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly