Rainey Needs Your Prayers!

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Oh my gosh how scary! I'm glad that surgery went well and there was nothing causing the stomach to flip like tumors! I'll keep you both in my prayers!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now seeing this!

I'm so glad that Rainey made it through the surgery OK and she's recovering. :yay How scary for you guys. We'll be thinking about you. :grouphug Please keep us updated.

Kim, I am so glad I came here and got an update. I just checked GPA and didn't see one yet. I'm glad Rainey is doing better. You scared me this morning. The boys and I will continue to send prayers and good thoughts.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Kim, I just saw this about Rainey!! I'm sending lots of prayers and get well thoughts, and hugs...lots and lots of hugs.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Sending prayers from PA.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Just seeing this now. Oh my gosh how scary. I hope she pulls through okay. :goodluck

BTW, thank you so much for being so detailed about her symptoms. It really helps the rest of us to know what kinds of things to be aware of.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I was up till about 5am, so I just missed this! :o

I'm so sorry to hear you've had such an awful time with your princess - poor Rainey, what a horrible couple of days for you both. It's good to hear she got through surgery OK and is doing well. I know you said she's not out of the woods, but she's fighting, and she's holding her own, and the longer she does so, the better her chances are.

Sending many good thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!:hope :hope :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

How frightening for your family. I will pray that Rainey makes a full and speedy recovery.

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Just seeing this now! OMG! How frightening! We will be praying just as hard as we can for Rainey! Such a beautiful girl!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Update 12pm 2/3

just talked to the doctor -- she's doing good!!! :yay :yay :yay she's sedated but they had her up walking and they hope to give her some food later this afternoon. We're to call this afternoon to see what the prognosis is -- they said last night she may be able to take her home this afternoon, but after going through the SAME THING!!! with Nube, back then we said it would have been better if we had left him another day in hindsight. With him, he had surgery at 3pm, we transferred him to the evet around 7pm, and picked him up around 1pm the next day. He does crate better than she does (which is not at all in her case!) so I'm not sure what we'll decide. We want what's best for her (even at $100 an hour, yikes) so we're not sure at this point. They're still concerned about her going into pancreatitis at this point, and if so, I'd rather have her there :(

We're hoping she's not quite as beat up as Nube was -- the dr that did his surgery (who did a great job and we love) had HUGE hands (and also admitted Nube was the first dog he'd done the surgery on that was LIVE :eek ) and he was cut end to end and bruised beyond belief.

So, we'll be giving 24/7 care (using vacation time - heck after going away for 7 days last June I decided I'd NEVER go away anywhere I couldn't take my pups with, so who needs vacation time anyway? :lol) and I guess in a way? it's good we've been through this before with Nube, at least we have some experience.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! for your prayers !!!! They are working! :) if you can spare anymore, she still could use them! :)

Love,

Kim and Bruce

(and Nubers who is SOOOO missing his little Rainey Girl!!!! ) :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good news. Sounds like she will be fine.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

What a nightmare! I'm glad I'm just seeing this after the last update. That's great that she is doing so much better.

We'll keep those prayers coming that Rainey is home soon and recovering well.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Just seeing this. What a horrible and frightening scare. Bloat is my worst nightmare because I know how painful it is and how quickly you have to act.

I am sooooo relieved to read your updates. Yay for Rainey! Sending lots of good thoughts your way! :candle:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest koolaidnconner

Keeping getting better Rainey. We are praying for you.....Here are a couple of cookies waiting for you when you are all better: :dogcookie:dogcookie

Gets better my friend

Kool Aid and Conner

Kim, I just saw this. I am so glad that Rainey is doing well.....and sounds like you're doing better too.

Praying for a continued recovery for your sweet girl.....Hope you get the 10 years of your life back that you lost when you were so worried.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.