A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay and possibly even :bounce8

bald or fuzzy we love her just the same

Hair, shmair. Who cares if she goes bald. I can always knit her a coat.

now that I can't wait to see :lol

Darcy you are tops in my books hair or no hair. Just keep on eating sweet girlie. Everyone here loves you!

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Darcy-gal, the vet has spoken! :D And, you heard your mom: you'll get a nice sweater if you stick around, even if you go bald. :D So sit up and eat your fill, get strong, and earn that insurance renewal! :bounce

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Xan, your mailbox is full! (You are now returned to your originally scheduled thread)

That made me giggle :lol

Sorry for the delay - Thursdays (as you should knowwwww by nowwwww :angry::lol ) are Red Cross days so a bit peculiar, forum wise :D

Anyway, I can report that Darcy is still eating (not the same quantities as prior to poorlyfiedness but much more than last week!). She's definately feeling stronger because now, when she's fed up with me shovelling food into her mouth, she gets up and moves to another bed :lol But I just follow her and continue with my mission :devil

Next time she gets up to go outside, I am going to measure her, so that her wardrobe can begin to be created :unsure

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Come on sweetie...try to eat a little bit more for us ok honey? :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Tenderhearts

Continuing prayers from the Kansas division of the Darcy Fan Club, and know that we will love you no matter whether you be hairy or not! :wub: :wub: :kiss2:hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

:D:confetti:yay:confetti:yay:D

Darcy you are a beauty with or without hair, just keep on eating sweetie, I want to kiss your fuzzy (or non-fuzzy) nose. :wub::kiss2

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest NeedleNoseLuvR

:yay Darcy! I have read through the original Darcy thread (that's a lot!) and followed this one. I don't remember if you have tried goats milk to get her to eat? Warm goats milk has worked for me with sick dogs that just didn't want anything else. It might be worth a try for Darcy.

She is so beautiful and you are so wonderful for taking such good care of her.

Just catching up on sweet Darcy - glad to hear that she is starting to eat a little more. I found that plain white bread helped with Carrier's appetite - almost like it would coat his tummy and decrease his nausea which would allow him to eat his full meal. Hugs.

It was a bit breezy today. And then we headed out to walk Darcy and Radar

radar250108c.jpg

:unsure:lol

It really was bad, so we only stayed for about 10 minutes (at which point, Darcy took herself back to the car) :eek:rolleyes:

Here's Radar looking a little blustery

radar250108a.jpg

And Darcy, having a bit of a trot

darcy250108a.jpg

(Those of you who are familiar with Darcy or her pics, will probably be able to spot the difference in her coat in some of these pics)

darcy250108e.jpg

darcy250108c.jpg

darcy250108g.jpg

With hindsight, it wasn't a good time to take her out but it wasn't that windy at home, and Marc had already been out twice with some of the other dogs and it wasn't that bad then, but it suddenly went wild when we were en route with Darcy :rolleyes:

Once I'd uploaded these pics, I went off to look for older pics for coat comparison and came up with these from June 07

fcb1cf79a0506a56106bcfbf3ad58a7c.jpg

1632af506044a6ff27f35b2c1e1e44cf.jpg

:(

*gives self a stern slap and tells self to move on*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Plenty of beautiful ladies lose their hair while fighting the ugly C and if anything, it makes them more beautiful! Darcy is as cute as a button, with or without her fluffy coat. If I even knew what a knitting needle looked like, I'd make her a coat myself. Hang in there Darcy!

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest vahoundlover

No slapping allowed :grouphug

I can see a difference in her coat but you know what...it's SOOOO good to see her up and about and obviously feeling better!! :beatheart:beatheart

Radar is such a cutie patootie! :wub::wub:

Well, y'know, you could always get proactive and just shave her down like a greyhound so she can skip the moth-eaten stage. :D

Patsy, I'll deal with YOU privately! :lol

I second the warm goats' milk idea! Especially if you can find some fresh (as opposed to canned), even from a goat not kept in antiseptic conditions, so the milk is "tastier". It's easier to digest than cow's milk, so it might not tax her tummy too much, either. And the bread sounds like a good idea, too.

She still looks elegant, loping tripodally along through the romantic windy meadows! :wub:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.