A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

I've been holding my breath every time I check in to see how Darcy is doing. Fingers crossed for more upward progress and recovery from both her infection and pressure wounds. And I agree with the others - no matter how much hair Darcy is sporting she will always be BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending my morning hugs and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hello (again) :rolleyes:

For lunch, Darcy had 7 slices of wafer thin ham :) She'd have eaten more but I didn't want to push my luck.

DH and I went out food shopping (makes a nice change from going to the vets) and when we came back, it was snack time again.

She looked very cute when I was making her snack

darcy220108a.jpg

darcy220108b.jpg

Her snack was 2 slices of corned beef (it was the stuff you buy in a pack rather than in a tin) and she ate that and seemed to be prepared to eat more so I mixed half a tin of food with the last of Marcs Philadelphia (snort) and she ate all that too (omg - tentative yippeeeeee thingy)

darcy220108c.jpg

darcy220108d.jpg

And then (prepare selves) when I was sitting on the couch next to her, eating my mini pizza, she....prodded me for a peice :eek She didn't eat it in the end but who cares - she prodded me for some pizza and I wailed :rolleyes::beatheart

(tentative leaping around on chair taking place, with added eye dabbing)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:colgate:colgate:colgate

One time I was concered because Damien wasn't eating after he'd been at the vet's all day for tests. Finally I fed him some canned food with a spoon, and he ate that very leisurely. Turns out the vets had fed him before I brought him home -- he just wasn't hungry! :lol But the spoon-feeding was such a treat, he couldn't turn it down. I'm sure Darcy is enjoying that little bit more personal attention feeding. :colgate

I'm so glad she's beginning to eat.

When CoCo had chemo I asked the vet about hair loss. I was told greyhounds usually won't have hair loss (though I think she lost her whiskers), but that long-haired dogs that usually need haircuts--like poodles--will have hair loss with chemo. It has something to do with the way fur grows/sheds on dogs that grow fur like hair (that grows all the time), versus other dogs. FWIW.

Hugs to Darcy and all your pack,

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Dinner - one and a half tins of precription diet, with one slice of corned beef crumbled into it, plus a third of a small pot of pro biotic natural yoghurt :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

YAY!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Great to see Darcy eating--good girl!

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

It does us a lot of good to see Darcy on her couch and eating. I can only imagine how elated you must feel.

:goodluck

We think of you every day :grouphug

Darcy what a sweet girl you are! :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Darcy is back from visiting the vet-knee-hairy-one. We may have to re-name it the vet-knee-baldy-one though because Darcy is likely to loose...erm...all her hair :unsure Apart from maybe the hair on her head :unsure That'll be an intereting look won't it :blink:

Hair, shmair. Who cares if she goes bald. I can always knit her a coat.

:eek

Anyway :rolleyes: The important news is that the vet is pleased with her and she doesn't have to go back till next Wednesday - yayyyyy. Unless of course she stops eating or drinking, or unless she has any bleeding in her loo stuff or from her gums etc. Her platelettes are quite low (thats to do with clotting, in case anyone's wondering) but they will come back up, once the chemo drug is finally out of her system. Her temp is still a little higher than normal but again, with time, it will go back to normal. She's still got a few more days of antibiotics to take.

Food wise, we just continue as we are (deep joy - haha) and just get her to eat what she'll eat. He said I could feed her baby food but when I went to look at it in the supermarket, I decided that its easier for me to just make meat and veg with some pasta or rice and blend it, so I'll do that (combined with her normal food and her probiotic yohgurt and goodness knows what else).

Darcy has coughed a couple of times (a loose type of cough) and I talked to the vet about this again. I am always hysterical concerned whenever she makes any coughing sound, in case it's indicative of a spread of you know what to you know where. But he said he really doesn't think this is the case (he used the words "highly unlikely") and said that she's most likely to have ingested some food/water whilst she's been laying prone across the couch :rolleyes:

We were talking about Darcy's insurance and he asked when her renewal was due. I said it was the end of August and we chatted about some insurance stuff and then I piped up (in a meek voice) with "do you think that Darcy will be here for her renewal" and then I held my breath. He said "yes, I think there's a very good chance that she will".

Nothing is a certainty but you may now insert large beaming smile - much bigger than this one :D

Thank you all for all your good wishes.