A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

I hope Miss Darcy girl begins to feel better today.

BTW, what does "going pear-shaped" mean?

It means that it all seems to be going wrong.

Darcy had a high temperature this morning so I phoned and made an appointment to take her in.

Her temperature was 104.3 by the time we got to the vets :eek (Normal temp is about 101.something).

He took some blood and her white blood count is fine. Her platelettes were low (but they were at this time after the previous dose of Doxarubacin) and her other levels were all pretty decent.

It seems that the problems of last week with the gut region have spread some nasty bugs to the blood so thats basically septicemia. Nice.

She's had a big dose of a different antibiotic and an appointment for 6pm tomorrow. I'm not going to offer her anything other than water with glucose, until tonight because if she's got a raging temp, she's just not going to feel like eating, just as a human wouldn't.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

DARN!! Oh Darcy sweetie, I'm sorry your feeling so poorly :( Sending lots of prayers you will kick this nasty stuff right in the tuckus and be feeling well very soon!

Sending more prayers. :grouphug Hug the beautiful Darcy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Her temp went down last night but it seems to be on the way up again today :(

She's still drinking OK but not eating well at all. We have an appointment for 6pm.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Come on sweet Darcy fight those bad tummy bugs. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Darcy, please get better sweetie! Bev-:grouphug:candle:hope

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Thinking positive, healthy, hungry and happy thoughts for Darcy! *The bad bugs will now leave your system. You'll feel strong and vigorous, and hungry! All your systems will fall back into balance as you heal yourself.* :)

And hugs to the humans!! :bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Hoping the bugs subside and that Darcy feels better soon... and hugs to you :grouphug, you're doing an amazing job.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We're back from our second home the vets. He seems to be quite pleased ( :unsure ) with her progress ( :unsure ). Her temperature was 103.3 which is a degree down on yesterday so he said that was OK. He said she's still fighting the infection, hence why her temp is still raised. He tried to tempt her with a liver treat that she normally loves (refused) and then a treat she's not had before (sniffed and refused) and then a bowl of tuna which seemed to appear out of the middle of nowhere (shoved in gob, spat out and refused).

She's had another jab of Marbocyl (anti biotic) and has it in tablet form to start tomorrow. And she has an appointment to be seen again at 3.30pm on Weds. I do hope we can go that long and not end up phoning for an earlier appointment :unsure

I said "so....do you think she's on the road to recovery then?" and he said "oh yes" so either he's plain nuts or we just have to have faith (and keep offering bizarre foods in the hope that she'll eat some). I picked up a few tins of prescription diet as she ate some of that last night and I've been to Tesco's and got some rice pudding, some vile looking liver sausage in a tube type thing and a big thing of wafer thin ham plus some garlic and herb soft cheese (garlic and herb on the advice of the vet as its a bit more smelly than plain soft cheese).

For her dinner, I mixed half a tin of prescription diet with a dollop of Philadelphia (soft cheese) and she ate it all of a spoon So I ran to the kitchen and made up the other half of the tin with another dollop of Philadelphoa and she ate about two thirds of that second batch (off a spoon).

It's such a small quantity, bearing in mind that for her weight, she should probably eat about 8 of those tins per day but, it's a baby step in the right direction.

And then, about an hour or so later....

I've just eaten my dinner - or not as the case may be because it was steak and dumplings and I didn't like the meat so I fished the meat out (with accompanying carrots and gravy) and mixed it with the leftover tinned food/Philadelphia of earlier and she ate it off a spoon :D I think that'll do for tonight :)

Xan! I forgot to say!! :blush Thank you for your Xmas card - it arrived last week ^_^:reindeer It made me come over all festive and seasonal, all over again!

Keep eating Darcy and feel better soon sweet girl. Thinking about you every day from the frozen tundra.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Morning.

Darcy has had about a tin and a quarter of the food plus a blob of Philadelphia for breaky. It was off a spoon again but as long as she eats, that'll do me :D Marc has gone to the garage which is near the vets so I've phoned them to say that he'll be coming in to pick up 4 more tins as we're not due to go there again till tomorrow afternoon.

She's got some pressure sores from a combination of laying in hospital for 5 days and the nappy and they're not nice at all. They're clean but they are open wounds so we've clipped her hair off (well, Marc has) and we've started applying Colloidal Silver drops and we'll do that twice a day till they've healed.

The other thing I've not mentioned is that she's lost a LOT of hair. I'm not sure if you'll be able to tell from a photograph (maybe you will if I post an older one for comparison) but really, it's a lot of hair loss. Never mind. Hair doesn't maketh a dog (or a person!).

Guest vahoundlover

That's my girl! :thumbs-up Hope your pressure sores heal quickly and sweetie, tons of hair or not, you are still the beautiful girlie that grabbed our hearts. :kiss2