A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

I am now cooking the chicken...

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise surprise. Not.

Chicken refused :rolleyes:

5 bites of ham eaten :rolleyes:

Will try her again a little later.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest vahoundlover

:yay She's home! :yay

Now the fun begins, I see.... :( Darcy please be a good girl and eat, maybe you could go to the pantry and point out what it is you want your mom to fix.

Welcome home, Darcy!

Jesse says to hold out for the cheese and peanut butter :wub: They will help you feel better!

Measure wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

Sending prayers for sweet Miss Darcy, come on baby and eat for your mom. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Bev - just saw the part where Darcy had gotten ill from the chemo - we are so sorry, we are hoping that she will be back to her sprightly self quickly. We loved watching her play in the videos - it makes our heart all warm and fuzzy.

As far as food, over Christmas we were watching Gracie's "speech guru", a whippet named Devo who just went to the Bridge this last Saturday. He had gotten so ill while he was with us and we were so scared that we were going to lose him while he was with us - no eating for almost 2 -1/2 days along with very little fluid intake - his meds weren't working and his appetite was just gone. We fixed chicken livers, beef livers, salmon, pork carnitas, pork roast, ham, eggs, peanut butter ... you get the idea - what did I finally get him to start eating - the peanut butter cookie I was eating - just a little at a time, but it started him back on the eating track and before he left he was eating, drinking, playing and teaching Gracie new sounds ("words") to add to her "vocabulary".

So the best suggestion I can come up with is to sit down next to her to eat something you both like and offer to share a little with her - hopefully, she'll take the bait and both of you will feel better.

Give her lots of scritches from us. We'll keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Hi all

Darcy had a decent night and went outside this morning and produced something 'reasonable' rather than something overly loose, so thats a bit of progress :) However, her food intake is still awful. I've tried sitting next to her to eat my tasty food and casually handing over a small bite but she refused it (it was bacon). Actually, I've done that twice - the other time was last night with the steak.

She refused breakfast but then at lunchtime, I got out the packet of wafer thin ham and she ate four slices (they're not big things but it's more than she ate last night when she just had a few bits of it). I've no idea what I'm going to offer tonight yet.

She also wet her bed at some point during this morning (after her early garden visit).

I just think she's a very bad patient (not bad as in horrid, obviously) and she feels quite anxious again, as she did just after her surgery. I suppose it's going to be another case of dealing with her one day a time and waiting for her to feel more happy/secure/less anxious in her own time :unsure: She is drinking well by the way and we are adding powdered glucose to her water.

D'you know Hannah, I'm not sure she'd even go for that at the mo :eek:lol (But please thank Holly for her kind offer) :lol

Guest TriciasZoo

Thanks for the thread and the pictures, Bev. You know my love of Deerhounds is all because of Darcy and Duffy and you. :) Even DH has agreed that "one day". Please give them both hugs and scritches for me, but of course extras for Darcy.

Gee, Holly, that's gotta be pretty tempting! :lol

Poor Darcy! She must be so uncomfortable! :( Well, with the glucose in the water, at least she's getting SOME calories.... Sending more love and hidden, secret, sneaky nutrition disguised as :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

So glad to hear that the Darcy girl is home. Keeping my fingers crossed that her appetite returns soon!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Prayers and gentle ear scritches for Darcy. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

She had a couple of spoons of Muller Rice late on last night.

And for breakfst, half a cheese slice.

Her temperature is up though this morning (39.3) so I'm going to have to call and speak to the vet when they open at 11.30am :unsure:

(This all seems to be going pear-shaped)

I hope Miss Darcy girl begins to feel better today.

BTW, what does "going pear-shaped" mean?

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04