A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hope Poor Darcy - hope she is feeling much better soon.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest vahoundlover

I can't blame you for not wanting her to feel sick like that again, poor baby :grouphug Once things calm down, will you be able to find out how the damage to her heart will effect her long term? :( Keeping your beautiful girlie in my prayers.

We're back from visiting Darcy and she was still feeling poorly. She's not been sick today (so far) but she's still having problems at the other end so she's wearing....Pooch Pants :unsure Basically, it's a nappy created for dogs :blink: Basically, the 'pants' catch the stuff and it means that Darcy doesn't get covered in it. The nurses then only have to bath her rear end rather than bathe the whole of her and the whole of the kennel (including the walls) as was the case this morning.

She's now having two anti sickness drugs plus various other things including a pain killer which has a sedative effect so that she's not anxious about being at the vets and also, to stop her fretting about making a mess. She hates messing in her bed as some of you may remember from when she first had her surgery.

She wasn't really interested in the food which was being offered today but they are going to try something else later. She's still on a drip but has changed from rehydration stuff to maintenance stuff.

To bne honest, she was very dopey (you know when they start to fall asleep with their nose pointing downwards, onto the bedding) so I doubt she's going to do much in the way of eating, even if she felt like a bit of something. Tomorrow we're going to take in some of the food she normally likes at home and see if she'll have a bit of that.

I've arranged to phone the nurse on duty at 8.30pm tonight so I'll update you with any news then.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Just phoned and there's no reply (the number I'm ringing is not the vet himself - it's the number for the nurse) so I assume she's still tied up with Darcy or another patient. I'll try again shortly...

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I don't think she's having anything for that to be honest, although there was a list of about 5 or 6 things on the board so she might be. I'll have to ask tomorrow.

Still can't get through to the nurse but I think that either the phone is not ringing in her room or she's with the vet, dealing with an emergency. They don't normally give a number for the nurse - it's just because we are virtually family LOL. I'm not unduly worried because if something was wrong, they would have called us.

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh dear, just catching up on all the latest :(

Thinking as many good thoughts as possible in my aging brain and sending them across the pond to Miss Darcy! :candle:hope:candle:hope:candle

Apparently, Darcy is brighter this morning (yayy). She had the squits late last night.....and the Pooch Pants had unfortunately come off :rolleyes: (That was nice for the nurse, who was on her own to deal with it). But this morning, there was virtually nothing, poo wise (sorry for the details). She's not been sick either, so thats good. She's also somewhat more active and she's not had to have the painkiller/sedative today. She's had a small amount of prescription diet mixed with water, by syringe but she was getting fed up with the nurse sticking the syringe in her gob so they're going to give her some more a little later. When we go in this afternoon, we're taking in some of her Wainwrights food (fishy flavour) to see if she'll eat any of that.

So the plan is for us to go in later this afternoon and by then, it will have been decided whether she's staying for another night or whether we can bring her home.

I hope Darcy continues to improve and is home soon with her family. I'm so sorry she had such a difficult reaction to the chemo. :grouphug

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

We've been in to see Darcy and she's definately better than she was yesterday. She wagged her tail when we arrived so that's an improvement, although she did go back to being sulky once the initial excitement of our arrival had worn off :rolleyes:

She still won't eat though. We tried her with some of her normal food (which she usually likes a lot) but she just made a face and looked the other way. The nurses tried her with some liver treats and she sniffed them but wouldn't eat one. They've left some of our food in her kennel in the hope that once we'd all stopped gawping at her, she may decide to eat it.

I've arranged to phone tonights nurse (who I like a lot) tonight at half nine because she'll have checked on Darcy both at 8pm and 9pm so hopefully, she may have something good to report at that point.

I'm impressed with how clean they've managed to keep Darcy, given the issues they've had to deal with :)

Guest greytmonty

I am just catching up on Darcy's progress. I am so sorry she is having a hard time with chemo. I hope she feels better and gets her appetite back soon. Sending good thoughts from Philly.

Darcy-we want you to come home and to come home you have to EAT!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)