A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so glad that Darcy is feeling better and does not need to see the vet again for a whole month! :yay

The pictures of a windified Darcy and Duffy are fabulous! :wub::wub::wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, no doctor for a month, that is great! :)

Sending gentle ear scritches for Darcy. :grouphug:kiss2

I was going to ask you about the wind also, it looks really strong. :crazy

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Yeah...I was going to ask on Thursday...but that is Bev's Red Cross Day !!!

:lol

Thanks for asking everyone :)

Darcy is doing fine at the moment :) She's eating and drinking as she should be (phew) and she's 'enjoyed' some less windy walks :rolleyes: Her pressure sores have all healed really nicely BUT.....she's getting so bald. Really. Her butt looks like something belonging to a baboon :huh And there is a huge amount of hair loss and also hair thinning all over her body. I'll try and get some pics of her outside today as it's nice and sunny ( :eek don't faint - we have sun and no rain or wind :eekB) ) but in the meantime, you might be able to notice a big difference in her face in this pic which was from the other day

darcy060208c.jpg

She had a coat made by a friend here in the UK and she tried it on last week

darcy010208c.jpg

It's lovely :D I think though, I'm going to have to get one made which we can 'wrap around' her and the button it at the top, over her back because it's a bit difficult to lift a large, one legged (at the front) doggie into a coat :blush

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

That's a lovely color for her, tho. If you know anyone who's handy with a sewing machine, s/he could cut an opening and put on a band with some velcro or snaps for you, so you could just drop that over her head and fasten it; I'd stitch each side (of where I was going to cut -- probably from the leg hole back), then cut, then finish stitching the band with snaps/velcro on.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

She looks lovely in her new coat! I can tell a difference on her face, you can see her eyes clearly. :colgate

You know there is a place here in the States where you can send you dog's (shed) fur and they'll spin it into yarn. :rolleyes:

Darcy you are beautiful. :kiss2

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Came across this website today. You are probably already in the know. Just FYI: Tripawds

Hopefully, Darcy's hair will grow back fuller as she gains weight.

Thanks for the link :) I do have it but you've reminded me that I've not visited there for a while :)

I'm not sure if you saw (or if you even want to look) but I posted some new pics of Darcy in C&F yesterday.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• 2 weeks later...

There's not been much to report in recent weeks (thankfully!) but last night, for the first time since Darcy was very poorly in January, she had a bit of a play with some toys :D She wasn't doing the leaping and jumping thing - she was just laying down but still, toy playing is toy playing and it's something she's not done for a looooong while so I snapped a few pics ( :rolleyes: )

darcy210208b.jpg

darcy210208a.jpg

And this was the look she gave one of the other dogs who'd gone over to see if they might like one of those toys :lol

darcy210208c.jpg

Darcy has her check-up at the vets next Wednesday (it will be a month since she was last seen). I think they'll be surprised at how much hair she's lost (although we can see the start of some regrowth in certain areas now) but I'm hoping that overall, they will be pleased with how she's recovered from her 'little' hiccup :)

She's developed a new trick over the past few days.

Her bed is in the corner of the room, next to the settee and I sit on 'her' end of the settee when I'm eating my dinner (cos can't be bothered sitting at a table). Anyway, Marc eats nice and peacefully at the far end of the settee whilst I get whined at, poked with back legs (well, the side of the settee gets poked) and if I glance over, I just see the very top of her head and her eyes gawping at me as she reminds me to hand over part of my dinner. Repeatedly :lol

I start to tell her to shut up....and then I remember the days of her surviving on one lick of custard or an inch of hotdog...and I duly hand over various parts of my meal :D

She's very norty. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :yay:lol:wub:

Keep up the good work sweetie. WE are all pulling for you. You are such a good girl to give those puppy dawg eyez thus getting Mommy to hand over part of her dinner. You are a very clever little girl. :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.