A New Year - A New Darcy Thread

Bevd

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like Darcy is starting to rally. I hope this sweetheart will be back at home with you soon and feeling much, much better. Everyone will be thinking of her and keeping their fingers crossed! :goodluck

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Sorry - Thursday is my day for doing a Red Cross shift so I've only just got home.

Nothing of great significance to report - she's still got a bit of the big D but she's not been sick. She's still not eating by herself (although she's on a drip and she's being given some sloppy food by syringe). We're hoping to go in to see her today about 6.30pm but thats a little up in the air because we are having car issues and DH is waiting for the breakdown peeps at the local post office (where he broke down) :rolleyes:

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We're back from todays visit, but Darcy is still at the vets.

She is picking up though and her diorrhea dihorheah dire-rear is becoming less so :)

She's still not eating.

We had a good chat with the vet and have decided that this will be the last chemo. We'll not go ahead with an 'extra' dose (or two), just in case it provokes some wierd reaction because we certainly don't want her to go through this again. If we were part way through a course then maybe we'd take the risk (obviously not with this particular drug again, but with another) but as we are at the end of a traditional course of treatment, we'll take our chances and run.

I asked him (the vet) how long he thinks it will take Darcy from now, to recouperate fully from this and he said about 10 days. But all being well, she should be able to come home tomorrow (insert tentative grin). Her heart rate was about 200 bpm when she was admitted (:eek) and is now down to about 70-80 which is normal for her. He's going to check her white blood count in the morning and check that it's still OK.

So, eyes, ears, legs and fingers crossed that by this time tomorrow, Darcy should be home...

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:goodluck

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Sounds like a plan! Maybe having The Herd around her, and totally willing to eat what she doesn't want to eat, will stimulate those competitive juices.

Gentle hugs, sweetie.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Get better, Darcy-my-love!!!

:weep for me!! Can't watch the videos!! (For some reason, I can't ever see Bev's vids...)

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Glad to hear she's coming home. I hope she is feeling better soon, such a sweet girl :wub:

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Sending my prayers and the most gentle hugs. Angel Lacey did not get sick from the Doxy until 10 days after and then she stopped eating anything. I know how hard this is...know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

She's still a bit squitty apparently but we're going in later this afternoon....

Oh and I forgot to say (ages ago :rolleyes) that Darcy is in this months Burpdog POM contest if anyone wishes to vote for her fuzzy features :Dhttp://www.burpdog-biscuits.com/Pet_Of_The...Pick_Jan08.html

Darcy is finally home :D

She's laying on a settee (having totally ignored the big, squishy, nice clean bed I prepared for her) and is looking....erm...glum :unsure But at least she's home :D

She ate half a tin of food at the vets today, all by herself so I'm going to see if she will eat some chicken breast fillets shortly. I am not holding my breath :rolleyes:

She has to go back to see the vet on Wednesday.

Great news! :yay

Eat up Miss Darcy. :chow

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Welcome home sweetie and please EAT! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.