For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Guest Damianbleu

Christina,

I have a 5 year old red fawn named Willow. My heart goes out to you for your loss. Willow and I will be lighting a candle and saying a prayer to bless you and your dear, sweet Honor, and all the searchers who gave such a valiant effort. :f_red

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:gh_run:angelwings run sweet bridge angel,run like the wind knowing no human can ever cause you harm.

f_yellow my heart goes out to Christine. Not only do you have the pain of your loss of your beloved girl, you also have the knowledge that trusted family members were the cause of all this pain

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

... I apologize if my bluntness about the situation has offended anyone, but believe me I have made it a lot better than it was...

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Dannine and her crew.

1697967[/snapback]

Diana, don't you dare apologize. This story must be seen by all, as an example of what can and did happen. I will refrain from saying any more about "the situation," for fear that it would be misconstrued.

You, our wonderful friends in Houston, have our sincerest condolences and respect for all you do for our noble breed.

Scarlett- a terrible accident.

Honor- a vicious sub-human deed.

Ed and Gus

1698050[/snapback]

Ditto! Well said Ed!

Run free, sweet baby! Free of fear, free of pain, free of suffering! You will always be in good hands now!

To Honor's mom - I pray you find the strength to contiune your studies through all of your pain and I pray that some day you'll be able to trust again. I send you my condolences for the tragic loss of your precious baby.

Godspeed - Gable Honor :angelwings

Denise
Greyhounds: Angel Abbey & Angel Raider
Felines: Mischief & Calypso

Guest BlessedByGreys

I had a fitful sleep last night and still cannot believe the senseless tragedy that I and all of the other other wonderful volunteers had to witness yesterday. I still cannot stop crying over the senseless, brutal, god awful tragedy of honor's murder.

Dannine and I drove in mostly silence on the way home yesterday as the tears were flowing non-stop and there was nothing that could be said that would not make them flow even more. However, we did decide that we would have a cross made with Honor's name on it and Cheryl mentioned having a name plate made also that we could put on the cross. I will get in touch with the Chief of Police, who was wonderful to us yesterday and almost as angry as we were over this, and see if he can get me the name and number of the lady who owns the property where we buried honor. If she gives us permission, Dannine and I, as well as "anyone" who would like to join us will pick a day and drive to San Felipe and erect a cross and small memorial to Honor. If any of her GT and Houston GPA family would like to write her a small note that will be buried in a wood box next to her grave, please mail it to my home. Address is: Diana S. Fadrique 2409 Locke Lane Houston, Texas 77019. I will try to find a small wood or metal box, preferably with a greyhound on it, to put the notes in and then we will bury it right next to her. The field were she is buried has a lot of cockle burrs in it so I am not sure if we should take our Greyhounds, but maybe we can do this on a Saturday or Sunday and then find a small picnic area or a school where the greys can run and honor our Honor with a "greyt" picnic in her name. I will also check with Chief Carter about a place nearby that we can do this. If anyone knows of a place, let me know. Also, if anyone has any other ideas of what we can do, besides injury to a certain man who shall remain nameless, let me know.

I really think this would be a "greyt" tribute to this sweet girl who suffered so much at the end of her short life. It is also a wonderful way for us to remember why we do what we do and add to our commitment of these gentle souls. This only strengthens my resolve, and I am sure I can says Dannine's resolve, to help in any way that we can find a lost or abandoned greyhound. Ed, Thank You so vry much for the Amber Alert. Without it we would never know about the lost greyhounds.

Again, to "everyone" who put forth their time, energy and emotions yesterday and all of the other days, Honor needed you and you were there for her. We must never give up in the search for these babies when they are lost, even when the outcome is not what we hoped. At least they know we tried, they were loved and they now have a decent burial as they so rightly deserve. I know in my heart that Honor knows we all tried and that she was loved. To Christine, I am truly sorry for your loss.

I will let you all know what we find out about putting up a small memorial for her and a gathering in her name.

Diana+, Katie, and Dolly

Edited by BlessedByGreys

Diana, to have a memorial tribute for Honor will be a very touching and real way to bring a positive end to such a horrible injustice. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest sweetgsmom

What I want to say I can't! What I need to say I can't!

My tears flow for this sweet baby, My she run free and happy and know she is loved.

She has made a deep impact on the greyhound community, and on me. My thoughts of peace are sent to her poor Mom, she must be devastated. And know sweet Honor how much you are loved.

Thankyou Diane to you and all that helped look for her.

She is at peace.

Jenny.

We are having a get together to day for the local greyhounds and family. I'm going to ask everyone to have a moment of silence for Honor. I feel it is the least we that are lucky enough to have our greyhounds with us can do.

I sat here last night and thought about the fact that the same thing could have happen to my Gracie. :( She was dumped on the streets. I tell everyone that my bridge boy Van was watching out for her.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest BrockGusDad

Diana, please keep me updated on your plans for the memorial. A wonderful idea, that has lifted me a bit. I will surely be there in spirit.

I went to bed thinking about Honor; I woke up the same way.

Ed

I am so sorry to hear about Honor and in tears right now. I can't even imagine what her mom must be going through right now. Thank you all for at least finding some closure for her. Godspeed Honor.

Christina before you do something that you might regret please ask yourself if it is worth it too loose your parents over this , it sounds to me like your father is like a lot of people that just dont like animals and did not think about what could happen if he turned the dog loose like he did , I'm sure they are VERY sorry they did this please Pray for the grace to FORGIVE them and not destroy the family.

Dan

Guest joedogs_mom

i am at a loss for words after reading this thread. i can't imagine the suffering that honor must have gone through. i am so very sorry that she had to leave us this way. honor, you will never be forgotten.

thank you to all the searchers and hugs to gpa houston and honor's mom. i hope to never read another story like this one again.

Guest hopefuladopter

1. God bless all of you who put forth such effort to find this poor dog, and my prayers for your grief.

2. Prayers for poor Christine

3. God speed sweet Honor

4. Unmentionable thoughts for the father

5. Diane, Danine and Cheryl--any news today of how poor Christine is today? I REALLY worry for her--as a physician, I can tell you med school is mind bendingly hard, without this happening. Many a med student breaks down and has serious depression problems, without anything like this on top of it. If you guys could continue to keep in touch with her--I'm very, very concerned how negatively this could affect her. Make sure she's okay.

Thanks again for all your efforts!!

:cry1:cry1:cry1

As I watch my Daisy sleeping quietly beside me, her face curved into my side, as I feel her gentle breaths while she slumbers beside me, I am struck by the utter trust she has in me, that love that is beyond unconditional. When I read of Honor's horrible, tragic demise, I sobbed for such a long time, held onto Daisy, and told her through my tears that I promise to always provide her a safe place to live, and to never put her in harm's way. That was my immediate reponse to this horrific tragedy that befell Honor.

I pray that Honor's mom can find some comfort through all of the pain she must be feeling; comfort in knowing that Honor loved her and trusted her fully. I pray that Honor's mom can come to terms with her family and that her parents can come to realize that dogs are not things to throw away. I pray for the community that Honor came to her final rest in, that they will know more about greyhounds as a result, that more greys might even find homes because of Honor's story. I pray that Honor's mom has support through her grief, and that healing will come for her.

How can we not help but hug and hold our own babes as we honor Miss Honor. Run free, sweetheart....

:f_pink

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

My deepest sympathy. I am so sorry. :( Run to our Angels Sweetheart...they will protect you always until your Mommy comes for you. Run like you've never run before with the wind behind your golden wings...Always in our hearts sweet girl. :f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest McGreyt

I think there must be a special reward in heaven for those who care for God's creatures with the love and compassion that was shown to Honor by those who helped to find, and bury her. Run free, sweet Honor.

:cry1 I'm so so sorry :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Am I the only one thinking: If they couldn't handle the dog, why didn't they call the daughter. Something more going on here.

Meanwhile, I agree with Ed: Honor- a vicious sub-human deed.

Sweet Honor, fly high in a special place, may your star burn brightly.

... Mary

Guest greytgreymom

I'm with Diana on this one. Had a very fitful night's sleep filling with horrifying pictures in my mind. I knew Honor; I had held Honor; I loved her; she didn't deserve the fate that claimed her. But then, no animal does.

Last week, my positive thoughts, energy and prayers were on finding Honor and her safety, as well as giving Christina strength to accept whatever the outcome was. This week, they are on Christina alone. She needs everyone's positive energy and prayers as she finishes her last week of rotation in Harlingen, to return next week-end to her empty apartment where Honor will be no more.

I spoke with Christina today while at our group's Show 'n Tail. Although a bit more composed, she is still audibly still very upset. She told me after getting off the telephone with me yesterday afternoon, she called her brother and relayed what their parents/dad had done. Christina is unable to speak to her parents at this point, guess I can't blame her, so, her brother called them on her behalf. From what I could gather, the conversation wasn't too pleasant.

I asked her how she was. Christina relayed she's still in shock. She said, she feels very alone. I assured her that this wasn't the case. There are lots of people in the Greyhound community who are right there with her in spirit, and she should concentrate of feeling that support and let it hold her up during this difficult time. She wanted me to let you know how very much she appreciates everyone and everything that you have done for her. She will be composing a letter of thanks, and will give it to me to post - but she said that it probably won't be for a week or so. She's too upset right now.

She is also going to compose a letter to her parents. She feels that maybe since they don't seem to hear her when she talks to them, maybe they would "hear" her that way. I told her that I also wanted to write a letter to them myself. If they won't listen to their own daughter, maybe they would listen to someone outside of the family.

Christina did ask one request of everyone. Although they have done something awful and wrong, these people are still her parents. Christina is unable to do anything to bring "harm" in any form to her parents. I believe that the bond between child and parent is hanging by a thread at this point. Christina is asking that any negativity towards her parents please stop. She realizes everyone is upset, but no one is as upset as she is.

Christina wants to be present at the memorial service for Honor. She feels so humbled that everyone wants to do something that this in Honor's memory. She wants to see where Honor's final resting place is. Christina has requested that it be held on a week-end, so that she can attend. Probably sometime after October would be best. There are some people in San Antonio who also wish to participate as well. Maybe there is a park in one of the surrounding towns where we could have a picnic and as Diana said, celebrate Honor's life and the lives of our wonderful Greyhounds.

I will keep in touch with Christina and keep everyone posted on her. I thank you for the love and caring and compassion you have shown Honor's memory. Although not the outcome any of us wanted, I am so glad that Diana, Dannine, Catherine, and the others kept going until Honor was found. It would have been worse for all, the not knowing. Now, there is closure.

Cheryl

Edited by greytgreymom