For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Thank you Cheryl for posting that. You are wonderful to be there for her.

Honor and Christina have been in my thoughts all day. Although I don't know Christina personally she will always have a friend here in NY.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BrockGusDad
... I spoke with Christina today while at our group's Show 'n Tail.  Although a bit more composed, she is still audibly still very upset.  ... I asked her how she was.  Christina relayed she's still in shock.  She said, she feels very alone.  I assured her that this wasn't the case.  Cheryl

1699838[/snapback]

Cheryl, please feel free to give my e-mail addy to Christina- DRPSUEKK@aol.com

Grief counseling is what I do. Although usually with parents who have lost a child, or other human issues... the principles are transferable to all lost loved ones.

Ed

Guest BlessedByGreys

Diana, please keep me updated on your plans for the memorial

Ed

I promise to let everyone know when the Memorial Service for Honor will be. Right now it looks like a Saturday or Sunday in November will be the best. I am looking into having a cross made for Honor with her name on it. I will check with the Pastor at my church, but if anyone out there knows of someone who can do this for us please pm me.

I spoke with Cheryl tonight and Christine is very upset over the loss of Honor. The only mistake she made was in trusting her parents and they betrayed that trust. We need to all realize that although what happened was just plain wrong, the man did what he did for just plain selfish reasons and out of arrogance and stupidity. Yes, we all know that there were options other than what he did, this was not and never should have been an option, but he made the choice of his own volition and there is no more to the story. I just pray that he can come to terms with what he did and maybe somehow earn Christine's trust back again someday. Until that time losing his daughter's trust and respect will be his punishment. As a mother to 2 children I know that would devastate me.

Cheryl is planning on keeping in touch with Christine frequently, as Christine needs to know that she has someone who cares. Cheryl has told her of all of the prayers for her and for Honor and from what Cheryl told me, she truly appreciates all of them. I do want to remind everyone that Cheryl was Honor's first Mom so to speak. Cheryl fostered Honor for almost one year before Christine adopted her and we need to keep Cheryl and her DH, Scott, in our thoughts and prayers also. They are also grieving deeply.

I do not think I will ever get the picture of Honor's dead body out of my mind and maybe that is a good thing because it will keep me determined to see to it that this does not happen again. I have something I am thinking of doing in Honor's memory that just might help prevent this from occurring again in the future. I have gone over it with Dannine and Catherine and they have agreed to help me work out all the details. I hope to be able to share it with you all very soon as it will involve all of yu and I will need your help and support to do it.

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Love your "greyt" babies extra tight tonight and know that you are blessed to have them to hug and love.

Guest GreytGreyGirl

Wonderful Idea adout the memorial service. Great way to honor Honor and support Christine. Please post as soon possible when it is happening so I can get off work.

Guest jeannejj

My sincere sympathy to Christina and all who tried to help Honor. May the pain dull with time, and peace come to all.

May Honor run free knowing he was loved and send a sign that he is okay.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest Winterwish

Cheryl,Scott,and Christine there really are no words that can adequately describe what this must be like for you.It's impossible to understand how someone could do something like this to your beautiful girl,Honor. :(:grouphug

I have a poem a friend gave to me last month at the World Trade Center memorial for family members.I do love this poem,so I thought I'd share it with you Cheryl and Scott,Christine,and Diana.It's called, "I Am".

:grouphug:gh_lay

"I Am"

Listen to the wind,sighing through the trees,

You will hear my voice carried soft upon the breeze.

When playful winds carress your cheek be sure to listen,

For you will hear me speak.

Turn,and greet the wind

with a smiling face

For it is only me,my loving embrace.

Lift up your face to the gentle rain

This too is me,helping to wash away your pain.

Look out to the sparkling,

dancing sea,and quietly think of me.

I am every wavelet gently lapping,

I am every ocean swell.

Listen,

you will hear me softly murmur,

"Be at peace love,for all is well."

I am the soft,and gentle hush

before the world has woken.

Watch for the cheeky robin,

the gentle wren,

because for you they are my token.

I am of the earth,and of the sky,

I am of the budding flower,and butterfly.

I am every color in all the autumn leaves,

I am right beside you,while painfully you grieve.

I am the softly scented woods,

Whispering sweetly through the trees,

"I am always with you."

I am each and every one of these.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:gh_lay:grouphug

Edited by Winterwish

Guest Georgiegirl

What a terrible end to a very sad story - it could all have been so different :( :( :(

I can hardly bear to think of what Honor went through. It is heartbreaking. However, at least her body was found so Christina is no longer worrying about where she is - I know that is cold comfort, but I know what it is like when a pet goes missing and you have no clue as to what happened to them.

Thanks to all those who gave up their time and energy to look for Honor.

Love Hannah xxxxx

Guest Houndmama

I have been deeply disturbed by this story, as have so many others in the greyhound community at large. I have felt as if I would explode in anger at times. I have felt frustrated, hopeless and helpless to do anything about it and have dreamed of what I would love to do if given the chance. I have seen my dark side.

The thing that has made this most difficult for me is that I can assign no meaning to Honor's death. In Scarlett's case, I could recognize that she almost certainly saved the life of a human. (And, just for the record, as I read more stories like this one, I question more and more each day if human life is any more valuable than animal life.) Scarlett gave her life so that the elevator issue could be found and repaired. At least that is what I think. Her death was not in vain because it was altruistic, in my eyes. Sad and devastating, but heroic in the end. She was someone's guardian angel then and now.

I can't find any reason for Honor to have died. To learn that she suffered immensely destroyed a part of me. Having just endured incredible, nearly unbearable pain from broken bones and 2 foot surgeries, I can't even imagine days of that pain with no relief. I had good pain drugs. Honor suffered as she bled out. I can hardly bear to type these words it causes me so much psychic pain. I just keep thinking about how I would feel if one of my beloveds had met this awful fate. This story will haunt me forever and I'll never be the same. I don't know how Christina can survive it. I pray for her constantly.

So . . . I say all that because I am desperate for there to be meaning in all of this. Good MUST come from this experience, somehow, some way. Anything that any of you can do to bring meaning to her suffering will have my full support. I pray that one day we can all recognize that, as most things in life do, this worked out for the highest good of all concerned. I just want so much for Honor to NEVER be forgotten. I want to see evidence that her death brought about a chain of meaningful events that could never have happened otherwise. Honor's death must NOT have been in vain.

Gable Honor

You took me oh so long ago.

Alone, scared, and shy.

I love you.

You love me,

We where happy as can be.

When I was here,

You gave me everything.

Kisses and hugs,

Stuffies and lovies and bones galore.

My time has come.

It was too soon.

I’m no longer suffering.

I’m whole and well.

There’s food to eat.

Water to drink,

And fields to romp.

I am not gone you see.

I’m still here.

I’m here at Rainbow Bridge.

My name is Honor.

I honored you,

You honored me,

I am now running free.

You may not see me, but I am here.

I’m with you,

Guiding you,

And when the time is right,

I’ll send you a sign.

To let you know I’m here,

Waiting for you,

when you cross the bridge,

And we meet again.

Honor, you where loved by many.

edited for grammar and spelling

Edited by MyChessDogs

Guest BlessedByGreys

Houndmama, I understand the pain and frustration that you are feeling as I have felt it a million times since all of this occurred, unfortunately I do not of the answers, and have prayed nightly for some sort of clue as to why this terrible event had to occur. Chritine's father will have to live with what he has done. Not only by seeing to it that a precious animal of God has been killed, but by betraying his daughter whose only mistake was to trust her dad. I know that there are some things we will never know the answers to and are not meant to know. This however, is one of those times that I know we could all really use some answers. Until that time comes all we can do is hope that in some small way we have all let Honor know how much she was loved and treasured. Her story, as well as all of the prayers and well wishes meant for her have touched us all. Is it not amazing how one dog that most of us had never seen, let alone knew, could have changed the lives of so many. Proof of how special Honor was.

I have put a call into Chief Carter, Chief of Police for the city of San Felipe, to see if we can hold our service at her grave site and put the cross there as well as bury a memorial box with all of everyone's prayers, thoughts and well wishes in it. I will also check with him about where we can hold our "Honor" celebration.

Run Free Honor!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I can only think of this as a senseless, heartless act of murder. Such cowardice and lack of compassion toward an innocent creature makes me embarrassed to be a human being.

We have much to learn from the animals. Unfortunately, those who need the lesson the most are the ones who think there is nothing to hear.

We're not all like that, sweet angel. There are many who love you, even those of us who were not lucky enough to have met you.

Shine brightly, Honor.

:weep:f_red:weep

Guest Greytdog00

Cheryl,Scott,and Christina, I am so sorry for your loss. There really are no words that I can write that would ease any of the pain or heartache. I will say a prayer for Honor and hug my hounds a little tighter tonight while thinking about your girl.

God Speed Honor

I still can't believe this has happened :cry1 My heart goes out to EVERYONE this beautiful hounds life has touched.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Meredith

I know that none of us want Honor to be forgotten. Could the adoption group she came from set up a memorial fund in Honor's honor that we could all contribute to? Perhaps it could be used for unexpected medical expenses or for special cases?

When I see this thread has 3200 views and 116 replies - if each person gave $5 - one dollar for every year of her too-short life - we could raise $500-$15,000 in a matter of no time....

And if this suggestion violates TOS, I'm sorry - I'm not intending to. Just trying to find some sort of positive and lasting action that we can take in Honor's memory, to help us channel our determination and emotions into a good outcome rather than wasting hate on a man who doesn't deserve even an ounce of our attention.

Guest cmdjoyner

That is such a wonderful idea...I know that I would be willing to donate $5. What a tremendous way to place some sort of positive spin on such a tragic loss.

However, I still can't help but hate the man!

Guest greytgreymom

I just spoke to Christine. The healing has started. Although it is still hard for her to talk about, we did have a good talk.

Christine has spoken with her father. He called her. She had written down on paper what she wanted to say when she spoke with him. He did take ownership of his actions, and he did apologize to her. He gave no excuses (frankly, there isn't any). But he did say, he just had hoped Honor would be found by some wonderful family who lived in the country and have more room to roam and play. Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either.

H.O.T. would be pleased to start a fund especially in Honor's Memory. I too have been trying to figure out a way to show my love for Honor, so this would be a good way. I had also told Chrstine that I felt her father still needed to pay out the reward money. To me, that would show that he is truly sorry for his actions and might allow people to believe that he is sincere in his apology. That way, some good CAN come out of this whole situation.

I'm leaving presently to take one of my own babies to the vet to cross the Bridge. Our Easy has osteo in his left rear hip. We were going to do it last week, but Honor overshadowed everything else that was going on in our lives last week. But it is time. We can't put it off any longer. Please say a prayer for Easy and for Scott and I. We've had quite a bit to deal with over the past couple of weeks.

And Diane, tried to return your call today. 11/20 is good for us, as well as Christine. Let me know what you need us to do, and what exactly you are planning.

Thanks everyone!

Cheryl

Guest Houndmama

Count me in for a donation! That's a wonderful idea and I thank you Meredith for suggesting it!

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear that your day is destined to be filled with grief and sadness. I am sure that Easy had a wonderful life with you and Scott and I hope that you can take comfort in knowing that you did everything you could to support his healing. I will keep you all in my heart and prayers as you move through this difficult experience.

Godspeed sweet Easy! Run free with your new body in the place where pain doesn't even exist!

Guest Winterwish

Oh Cheryl,I'm so,so sorry to read about Easy.I wish so much,like all of us,that we could take all of this heartache from you.

I'll be keeping your sweet Easy,your husband,and you Cheryl in my prayers.I'm so very sorry. :grouphug:candle

:hope:hope:hope