For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

I cannot find the words to express how I am feeling after reading this. All I can do is hug my boy, and try to send all the love I feel for him through to the beautiful spirit of Honor, to hope she knows the all humans are not like the horrible person who dumped her. Peace to Honor and her momma.

Edited to add peace to those who found her and have to live with that last picture of her in their minds. It will be hard, but please focus on the lovely pictures I've seen of her posted elsewhere.

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my Diana, I can't imagine how horrible that must have been for all of you. Hugs to you all. I think what you all did for her a nice gesture.

Guest greytgreymom

Started out this day with a bit of a lighter heart, thinking that Honor was sighted and was gonna come home.

Got half way to Sealy when we got the call from Diana about Honor. It didn't hit me right there. I didn't believe it. Just kept saying, it can't be her. Someone just saw her running around a while ago. I guess shock makes you say stupid things.

Well, it hit about two miles down the road, and the tears won't stop. Diana had given me all the details. I asked her to post them for everyone's info. They aren't pretty, and this is something no animal deserved, let along sweet Honor, who caused no pain or problem to anyone her entire life.

There was a police officer there when they found Honor. Diana told me that the police officer said that in order for any charges to be brought against the father, the daughter has to start by filing a complaint. I can't see this happening. However, I may be surprised considering Christina's (Honor's adoptive mom) reaction.

I just got off the telephone with Christina. She begun crying and was still bawling when we hung up - as was I. I had no words. You can't gloss over what happened to Honor. It is because of her father that Honor is dead. She just kept asking me if we were sure it was Honor. I assured her that there was no mistake made. I also told her I didn't know how she was going to face her parents again.

Pictures were taken of Honor. I have requested copies of those pictures. I want to try to find out dad's address. I want copies of those pictures to find their way to dad. He needs to know what he did to an innocent animal who did nothing but bring joy to the life of his daughter and many others.

Christina is not on Greytalk. But Know I will be copying and passing your posts to her. Again, thanks to everyone involved, especially Diana, Dannine, and all our friends with GPA/Houston. With your help and assistance, there is closure, although not the closure any of us wanted. Thanks also for the love and caring you showed Honor in her burial and memorial.

Rest well, Sweet Honor. You will never be forgotten by your foster mom. f_yellow

Gable Honor

Date of Birth: June 1, 2000

Date of Adoption: July 22, 2005

Date of Death: October 13, 2005

Cheryl

Edited by greytgreymom

Guest BrockGusDad
... I apologize if my bluntness about the situation has offended anyone, but believe me I have made it a lot better than it was...

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Dannine and her crew.

1697967[/snapback]

Diana, don't you dare apologize. This story must be seen by all, as an example of what can and did happen. I will refrain from saying any more about "the situation," for fear that it would be misconstrued.

You, our wonderful friends in Houston, have our sincerest condolences and respect for all you do for our noble breed.

Scarlett- a terrible accident.

Honor- a vicious sub-human deed.

Ed and Gus

Guest Kimlynn

I sit here in a mixture of fury, deep sadness, and sick feeling in my stomach. Honor, baby, you did not deserve this.

My mom and dad went with my sister get you and came home empty handed.

You will be missed. Run free.

:gh_run

I don't even have words for one of the first times in my life....

...except that I'm thinking of Christina and how her heart is breaking and my heart is breaking for her.

:f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest greytgreymom
I will refrain from saying any more about "the situation," for fear that it would be misconstrued.

Scarlett- a terrible accident.

Honor- a vicious sub-human deed.

1698050[/snapback]

Agreed! But it is darn hard to keep your mouth shut, isn't it? You probably haven't thought half of what I have.

Cheryl

Whose has a :brokenheart , but who is also :angryfire right now!

Guest BlessedByGreys

It is not the end all hoped and prayed for, but she is safe now, buried deep and with dignity in the good Texas earth. We did not get there in time, but she was surrounded by people who loved her at the last. We know where she is and we will not forget.

Our hearts go out to Cheryl and Scott and their daughters who loved this beautiful girl and to her adoptive mother who must live not only with the death of her beloved greyhound but the betrayal of her trust by her family.

Guest seniorgreymom

I'm home, broken hearted, still crying both on the inside and outside.

Dearest Honor,

I wanted so very badly for you to be safe. I wanted you to know that people really do care about you. I wanted you to know that the evil "people" of this world don't win. I could not give you all that I wanted so desperately for you to have. We could not save you from the pain, confusion, and fear that filled your last days and hours on this earth. I know you are in a better place where no one can ever hurt or scare you again. I did not get to love on you in this world, but I will meet you whole and beautiful again when we all meet at the bridge. Until then sweet girl you will always be in my heart. I am so sorry that we couldn't get to you quick enough to spare you all the pain. Our efforts just weren't soon enough. I am so very very sorry. :brokenheart:brokenheart:brokenheart

Dannine

I am left totally speechless. I have such a hard time going in the Amber Alert section because of situations like this. I sit here with tears streaming down my face. Godspeed Honor, you deserved so much better than this.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest GreytGreyGirl

I was so excited on the way to look for Honor, there was hope that she was still alive!

We got the call halfway there that precious Honor was found dead, and had apparently died some days ago, hit by a car.

It is senseless what has happened, Mom cried almost the entire hour-plus long trip back home. I was kind of in a quiet place of disbelief. . . how in the @#*! could ANYONE do this to a helpless soul?!?!

I got home and started reading Greytalk, and now am in tears. I know Honor's Mom is at the very least heartbroken for her precious baby. Bottom line, she trusted her parents and they betrayed her trust.

I am glad that Honor is no longer in a bad place and no longer suffering, but I am :angryfire that this ever happened in the first place. There is closure so we won't be continually wondering what happened to Honor, but broken hearts we have in the greyhound community will take a long time to heal.

I am :brokenheart .

:gh_run Run free with your GH brothers and sisters, baby girl :gh_run

Guest BrockGusDad
... I have such a hard time going in the Amber Alert section because of situations like this.  I sit here with tears streaming down my face.  Godspeed Honor, you deserved so much better than this.

1698148[/snapback]

But the greys, and us, need you and others there.

Who is to speak for those who can't...