For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Wonderful idea about the Honor fund.

Cheryl, sorry to hear about Easy. :sad1 But take some comfort in knowing that Honor will be there to greet him when he crosses the bridge.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My heart aches for you, Cheryl. No doubt Honor and Old Fella will have a roo fest when Easy joins them in the place of light and love. May his passing be gentle and peaceful. Many hugs to you and Scott for all the heartache this past year has brought. :bighug Sending lots of light to Christine for her healing process as well. :candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest BlessedByGreys

Honor's Memorial Update:

I just want to let everyone know that I have Honor's Memorial Service tentatively scheduled for Sunday, November 20th at 12:00 noon. This should give everyone plenty of time to get there and then a celebration picnic afterwards. I am still waiting to hear from Chief Carter to make sure that we can fix up Honor's grave site and then get his ideas on where we can go, with our fur kids, for a picnic. I have a Memorial box, that has been donated, coming so please send the notes and cards for her to be placed in the box and buried with her. Please do not forget to mail them to me at: Diana S. Fadrique, 2409 Locke Lane, Houston, Tx. 77019. I have bought a St. Francis medal to also place in her box as St. Francis was the patron saint of animals. I also have a Houston GPA member who is making a wood cross for her with her name and date of birth and date engraved on it. I will read the special beautiful poem that one of our GT family wrote for her. I anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

I will let you all know as soon as I hear from Chief Carter and get absolute confirmation.

I had surgery today on my left leg, dog it hurts, and will have my right leg done tomorrow. So, I may be a few days getting back to everyone but I promise I will.

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

I was reading this before leaving for work this morning (one of these days I'll remember to wait until I get home) and my husband looked over and asked me why I was crying. I can't imagine how I would feel if my parents did something like this, and what I might do in return. It's one thing to be forgetful and leave a door open ... it's completely another to purposefully let a dog loose.

On one hand, I'm one of those that would love to have the guy's address and phone number so as to send him pictures and never let him forget. On the other ... God says "Vengeance is Mine" ... and I'm sure His vengeance will be so much more appropriate than anything I could come up with. With that in mind, I almost feel sorry for the dad ... almost.

I just want to add my support and prayers and sorrow over this tragedy. I came upon this story and the related threads only today after a post on the GH-L, and discovered that this sweetheart is half-sister to one of my boys, Lucky Strike. That brings it one step closer to home.

Gable Honor - run free and happy. One day you will be reunited with your mama.

Edit:

As I read back thru the thread, I saw that there will be a memorial on Nov 20 at noon. Since we live too far away to make it to the memorial, my family and I will observe a few moments of silence for Honor during that time. We may not be there physically, but mentally and emotionally for sure.

Edited by Becca

Guest SquanHound

My heart aches for Christine and all of those involved. I will keep all of you in my thoughts.

Becca I think you had a wonderful idea for those of us who are too far away to attend the services -- I, too, will observe a moment of silence at noon on 11/20.

Godspeed Honor :gh_run

Guest BlessedByGreys

I spoke with Chief Carter today, of the San Felipe Police Force, and he has no problem with us descending on his city to have a Memorial Service for Honor. I have left a message for the woman who owns the property to make sure it is O.K. with her although Chief carter says she is a dog lover and he feels like it will be fine with her also. He also told me something really cool, he said that in the summer her field, where Honor is buried, is 'covered' with Texas Blue Bonnets. How neat is that? I am going to buy a few Rosemary plant to plant right at the sit since, per Dannine, "Rosemary is the flower for remembrance." Chief Carter has also expressed that he wold like to attend the service with our group. Just one more wonderful thing that Honor has done, bringing people together, who do not know the breed, to pay tribute. What an incredible dog. Chief says he wishes we were all strong enough to push our legsilatures to have stricter laws for animal abuse and abandonment. Wouldn't that be greyt?

The only place nearby that I can find to have the celebration afterwards is the Stephen F. Austin State Park. it is a beautiful park and I can reserve an area for us, the only problem is that the dogs must stay on a leash. If anyone in the area knows of somewhere else where the dogs can run and play, that is fenced in, let me know. Otherwise for those of you who can make it let me know as there is a fee to reserve the area. I do not mind that, but I want to make sure that we will truly have people show up before I do reserve it.

For those of you who cannot make, it as the dates get closer, I will let you know the time, as close as possible, that we plan to hold the service so that you can have your moment of silence for Honor.

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Guest joedogs_mom

diana, wow - what a wonderful tribute. it sounds like it's going to be such a nice event. wish i could be there...will send a card to you for the memorial. and, lastly, THANK YOU for all that you've done for honor and so many others.

This is such a wonderful thing you all are doing! Chief Carter sounds like an absolute doll. I love it when those in charge are into animals and actually have a heart. I will have a moment of silence when you all have the memorial. Christine I know its hard for you, I can't imagine what you must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Honor.....you are in all of our thoughts and prayers. Even though many of us did not know you, you have touched our hearts. Run free sweet girl until we all meet again.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink

Edited by KoalaQ

This is just another amazing tribute to these amazing dogs...thank you so much for organizing Honor's memorial. And also to those keeping in touch with Christine. I have been worried about her, such a horrible thing for her to be going through alone. So glad she is hearing from people who understand her grief and pain.

A minute of silence for Honor will happen here...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest BlessedByGreys
Are you going to read the cards before putting them in the box, or just bury them for her eyes only?

1707773[/snapback]

The cards and notes for Honor are non of my business and for her only. I will respect anyone's wishes about anything they send me. if they would like for me to read them at the Memorial Service I will, if not, just put "For Honor Only" on the card or letter and I will put it in her box unread. This is meant to be Honor's special day and tribute and I would like to make sure that any special requests are met with respect for the person making the respect as well as for Honor.

Also, I need to change the date to Sunday, November 13th. I hope this will work for everyone.

Diana

I would be honored to send money for Honor's Memorial Fund. Please keep us posted.

I will also light a candle for Honor on her memorial day, Nov. 13.

Thank you for keeping us up to date, and for organizing all of this.

I agree, that something good is coming out of this tragedy. :f_pink

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest greytgreymom

Diana - 11/13 is fine for the San Antonio contingent. Will check with Christine tomorrow. and let you know. Christine has asked to be allowed to play a song for Honor on her violin at the gravesite. Playing her violin is helping with her healing process, being able to express her sorrow through her music.

I have discussed with several members of our group about the "Honor Memorial Fund" that some people have mentioned. Although our group, the group which adopted Honor to Christine, would appreciate any donations which anyone would like to make in memory of Honor, I feel a bit uncomfortable setting up a fund without it having a real designated purpose.

What I can propose is this, although Honor wasn't a senior, our group currently has 18 seniors we are supporting while they wait for their forever homes. A few of these seniors have special needs, one had a broken leg (for which there are still outstanding bills), and one was Missy, who was the dump we picked up in such bad shape and H/W positive (and still have some medical costs outstanding on her). If anyone would like to make a donation to H.O.T. in memory of Honor, I pledge that your donation will go to support these seniors. Think that might be a fitting tribute to Honor, who never got to enjoy her golden years with her adoptive mom.

If you'd like to make a donation in memory of Honor, and don't particularly want to send it to H.O.T., I urge you to support a local group with your donation. I do just ask that those groups receiving donations in Honor's memory, please advise me of the donator, so that H.O.T. can acknowledge them as well.

H.O.T.'s mailing address is:

Heart of Texas Greyhound Adoption, Inc.

24430 Camp Site

San Antonio, Texas 78264

We do accept PayPal as well to e-mail address hotgreyhounds@ev1.net

Thanks everyone for caring about Honor and Christine. Your support during this most trying time has meant more to me than words can ever say.

Cheryl

Guest greytgreymom

Honor visited me last night. I know she's at peace now.

I was woke up around 1:45 a.m. this morning by a dog's bark. Not a loud bark, but just a "I want to get your attention" woof. Did my usual, saying "go back to sleep, it's not time to get up yet", and started drifting back to sleep. But the woofing persisted, but the funny thing was, not one of the other dogs was bothered by it. Figured someone had to go potty, so got up and put them all out. When one goes out, they all go out. Sat on the back porch swing for a bit, then went inside to get a drink of water before letting them back in.

Again, I heard the woofing, and it sounded like it was coming from the "dogs' room", which is the room with all the foster crates in it, but where the dogs don't go in at night - the door is kept shut. All I could think to myself was, darn Scott, you left a baby in there again (which he has does on occasion, and we had fed rather late last night)!

Opened the door, and the barking stopped, but there, sure I'm sitting here typing this now, was Honor up in the crate which was hers for the year she was here. For the brief few seconds I looked at her, I knew she was teling me she is happy. Her tail was wagging, her eyes were like stars, and she was pawing at the crate door as she always did to get out. I started to enter the room to approach, but she left with another woof and a quick play bow, which was also something she did right before I'd open the crate to let her out. Guess she had to go and play with some of her buddies.

I'm wondering now if this was about the time last week that she crossed the Bridge. No one was with her, I have been so torn up about that fact, and she just wanted to let me know she was doing OK. But I know now in my heart, she is happy, and she wanted to let me know that.

Cheryl

That is so wondeful, I have tears in my eyes just reading about it. Good girl to let Cheryl know you are alright, now go run and play with your new friends Honor. :angelwings

:weep:weep :weep What a precious "goodbye" for you, and for all of us. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest jettcricket

....That's awesome that she came to visit you. I have to close the door to my office...don't want anyone to see me crying. Thank you for sharing....she was loved by many.