For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Guest princessmommy

I am so very sorry to hear what happened to Honor. What a horrible end to her life. My heart goes out to all involved in finding Honor and thank you all for all you did to make a resting place for Honor. My sincere condolences go out to Honor's mom -- I can't even imagine what she is going through. I am sitting here typing with my sweet Princess snuggled up next to me as she wonders why mom is so upset. Our love goes out to Honor as she crosses the Bridge. Rest in Peace sweet Honor.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Georgiegirl

This is a very sad story. It was all so unnecessary. I can't believe what this poor little girl has been through - it doesn't bear thinking about.

*tears*

Cheryl, Diana, Catherine and Dannine I am so sorry this did not have the outcome you wanted. I can't imagine what you are going through, but please know we are all here for you. :grouphug:f_white

Christina I am so very sorry that your baby is not coming home. It was not from lack of trying, both on her part and on the part of each and every volunteer. The whole greyhound community wanted her home. :grouphug:f_pink

Godspeed Honor, run with the wind sweetheart. :gh_run

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Sleep well, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest phoenixrizn

Godspeed, sweet Honor--you deserved so much better.

Blessings to those who searched for her. I hope they can remember her as she was, full of life.

I am just a mess here. I simply can NOT believe that anyone could drop off this precious girl to try to fend for herself or make it on her own. I just can't believe it.

I have been thinking of sweet Honor, and she will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks SO MUCH for everyone that was there to bury her and let her know that she IS loved. I never met Honor, but I love her much.

To her poor Mom.......my goodness.........what to say? I'm sorry that you are facing such a tragedy while you are trying to finish Medical School. I'm so sorry that your family deceived you. I'm just sick for you that your beautiful girl will not be there with kind eyes and tail wagging when you do get home. :cry1

Honor will be with each and every one of you that loved her and cared for her. She's a lucky girl that you found her and were able to bury her, away from the animals, etc. Thanks SO MUCH for those that spent their time looking for her.

God Speed, Honor. You are loved by SO MANY. Run whole and pain free at the Rainbow Bridge, beautiful.

Guest DaffyToons

The only emotion that surpasses my feelings of rage right now are those of utter grief. This sweet, innocent girl suffered so much so NEEDLESSLY. :angryfire

:brokenheartGodspeed, sweet Honor . . . . You deserved so much more.

:gh_run

To type anything more about what I feel regarding the sub-human abuser that did this to Honor would be pointless. He will get his. :angryfire :angryfire

... I apologize if my bluntness about the situation has offended anyone, but believe me I have made it a lot better than it was...

Diana+, Katie and Dolly

Dannine and her crew.

1697967[/snapback]

Diana, don't you dare apologize. This story must be seen by all, as an example of what can and did happen. I will refrain from saying any more about "the situation," for fear that it would be misconstrued.

You, our wonderful friends in Houston, have our sincerest condolences and respect for all you do for our noble breed.

Scarlett- a terrible accident.

Honor- a vicious sub-human deed.

Ed and Gus

1698050[/snapback]

Ed, I agree.....there is no need for apologies. Well, I take that back.....the father and mother need to apologize for the rest of their lives to their daughter, to Honor and to the greyhound community for what they did. And, that will still never be enough.

Cheryl, Diana, Catherine and Dannine......I am so sorry this didn't turn out the way we all wanted it to. Thank you for caring so much.....your final acts gave Honor the love and dignity she didn't have the last few days of her life. You will have to live with this experience of finding her for the rest of your lives and that will not be easy. Please know that there are many of us who are grieving with you.

Diana.....thank you for letting all of us know the reality of what happened. No, it is not pretty. But I think it needs to be heard.

Please give Christina my condolences. I can't imagine what she is going through. My heart truly goes out to her. I don't know how she could ever face her parents again after what they did. They are the people she should have been able to trust the most in this world. I don't understand how a parent could do that to their child, no matter what age the child is.

Godspeed, Honor. We will never forget you.

f_yellow:cry1:brokenheart:gh_run

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest cmdjoyner

I have buried 2 greys and an IG in the last 16 months...that was hard. But, I can't imagine being on the emotional rollercoaster that was senselessly brought on by nothing less than a murderer to have it end in a horrific discovery of the truth and a burial.

Diana, Dannine, Cheryl, and Catherine...I just can't imagine. You are true angels!!! I just don't think I could ever have the guts. I can't even read any of this without simply sobbing nonstop. I am so sorry this wasn't resolved the way everybody wanted and BELIEVED it would be...this just wasn't supposed to be the ending!!!! But know it's not your fault you didn't get there in time. You did more than anyone could ever have done.

Of course I have nothing but condolences and sympathy for Honor's Mom...being so far away and just wondering for days...asking how could my own family do this to such a gentle creature...then to find out the truth. I am so sorry they deceived you and stole your trust. I can't imagine not being there when my sweet dogs crossed to the bridge and not being able to hold them and tell them how much they meant to me and their family one last time.

RUN FREE SWEET HONOR!!! KNOW THERE WERE MANY THAT TRULY LOVED YOU. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!!

Guest momof4greys

I'm so very sorry and sad to hear the news of Sweet Honor. Know that you were loved by so many people from all over the USA.

Sending prayers and love to your adoptive mom.

Edited by momof4greys

There is just nothing I can add that would express all the deep sorrow I am feeling.

My heart goes out to all involved with the journey to find Honor.

Sweet Honor you deserved everything, and instead you were betrayed.

I am lighting a candle in Honor's memory and sending gentle thoughts to Christina.

Of course I have nothing but condolences and sympathy for Honor's Mom...being so far away and just wondering for days...asking how could my own family do this to such a gentle creature...then to find out the truth.  I am so sorry they deceived you and stole your trust.  I can't imagine not being there when my sweet dogs crossed to the bridge and not being able to hold them and tell them how much they meant to me and their family one last time.

1698390[/snapback]

Thank you for writing this, it is exactly how I feel. I've just been having trouble forming the words.

Guest TilliesMom

To GPA Houston....you all are truly earth angels. Thank you for finding Honor and giving her your love and the dignity she so richly deserved at the end. This is not the outcome we had hoped for, but you gave Honor closure and did it with such caring and selflessness. Bless you and may Honor know how deeply she was loved and will continue to be...by so many.

Guest eileencibil

:weep:weep :weep

My condolences Christina, Cheryl King Heart of Texas Greyhound Adoption and to all those who knew and loved Honor during her too short life.

Though I never met Honor I fell in love with her photo and the beauty & love I could see in her eyes. Dear Sweet Honor - May the pain you felt on earth be forgotten as you rest in peace in the love of those who loved you - living and running free across the rainbow bridge. :gh_run

I pray that no greyhound ever suffers your fate again. :hope

:weep

Christina, I pray for you at this painful time for you - I can only imagine how hard it is for you to lose your beloved Honor while dealing with the pain of being let down by a family member. Know that the tears you shed are shared by all who have read about Honor, the search and ultimate the tragic end to Honor's life.

Edited by eileencibil

Run free sweet Honor. I'm sure all the other bridge angels are welcoming you with open arms. Nobody will ever hurt you again. And if you can spare a moment between romping in the wide open fields, send your mommy a sign, I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

As for the man who did this. :angryfire He needs to be left on the street to fend for himself.

This is one of the saddest pieces I have ever read. A tragic end to a story with a senseless beginning. Sweet Honor, many people loved you. Unfortunately the wrong ones didn't.

Honor is an angel now.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Tears...this is terrible news. Something should be done one way or another.

Rest in peace sweet angel, enjoy your time resting in peace at the bridge now with all our other loved ones. Run free :gh_run . You will be missed dearly.

Thank you all who tried. You all are wonderful people.

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Run free sweet Honor.

To Honors Mom, I am sorry that this needless tragedy has happened. I hope through your tears and ours that your heart will begin to heal.

I am so sorry.

To the searchers. I am sorry, this was not the outcome that you or Honor deserved. Thank you for dedicating your time to this searching for this sweet soul.

God Speed Honor - Run with Angels wings

f_yellow

Guest realboo

My heart breaks for Christina. To lose her beloved Honor and be betrayed by her parents is more than anyone should have to go through.

Godspeed Honor. You were very loved by your mommy. Watch over her and help heal her broken heart.

Guest jettcricket

....Nothing more I can say, that hasn't been said already. Truly a heartbreaking story....so senseless. It just leaves me speechless...RIP pretty girl. :brokenheart

......"Paradise is a better place for her presence and we are all poorer for her death"....

My heart goes out to Honor, her mom Christina, and her searchers. This is so hard. I'll not go on more as I cannot express what I feel with words adequately or eloquently enough.

Run free sweet girl. Hugs to Christina.

:gh_run:grouphug

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel