For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Guest cmdjoyner

I'm almost certain we will be coming. We will probably only bring Mickey. He seems to travel the best of the bunch. We can't wait to meet you Diana, and to see Dolly again...what a sweetheart!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I am coming also for a little bit..please post the directions. Thanks

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest BlessedByGreys

I am sorry I did not do this sooner. No excuse, just "life."

Directions to "Honors Final Resting Place" for her service this Sunday at 12 noon.

From Houston take I-10 west going towards Sealy. You will turn North (right) on 1458 and go about 1 1/2 to 2 miles to the first open field you see on the west (left) side. There is a small bar-b-que place on the right side of the 1458 and the field is directly in front of it. You can just park on the side of the road right by the field. If you are coming from Sealy or San Antonio, the directions are the same except you will head East on I-10 going to 1458 and turn north.

Remember to wear closed toe shoes due to the cockle burrs.

Tammy and her husband have finished the cross. I have Honor's Memorial box with all of her letters, I am bringing a rake, shovel and bricks so that we can clean up the area and make a little brick edging around her final resting spot.

Stephen F. Austin park is just directly North of where we will be, so we will all go there afterwards and celebrate Honor and all of the other bridge babies, lost or abandoned greys. :(

I hope to see many of you there.

Diana

Edited by BlessedByGreys

Guest BrockGusDad
... Tammy and her husband have finished the cross.  I have Honor's Memorial box with all of her letters, I am bringing a rake, shovel and bricks so that we can clean up the area and make a little brick edging  around her final resting spot.

Stephen F. Austin park is just directly North of where we will be, so we will all go there afterwards and celebrate Honor and all of the other bridge babies, lost or abandoned greys.  :(

I hope to see many of you there.

Diana

1745628[/snapback]

Diana, I hope that many are able to be there. Please know that you will be able to "feel" many of the rest of us there.

I'll be there in spirit.

Honor, let your memory bring good to the world of greyhounds and their people.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Stephen F. Austin park is just directly North of where we will be, so we will all go there afterwards and celebrate Honor and all of the other bridge babies, lost or abandoned greys.  :(

Please extend my sympathies to Honor's mom and all of his searchers. Also, during the memorial, please remember Sleigh for all of us here up North. And, please give Thanks for Gus and all the pups that have been safely found!

:f_pink

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest BlessedByGreys

"during the memorial, please remember Sleigh for all of us here up North. And, please give Thanks for Gus and all the pups that have been safely found!"

You have my word that I will say a prayer for "all of them" during the service for Honor.

That is really what all of this is for, and by paying this tribute to Honor and showing people how serious and sincere we are about the greyhounds, maybe we can help another grey baby down the road. :(

Diana+

I will be thinking of you sweet Honor. Take care of all of our friends up there and let them we love them. Now that you are a sweet angel watching over the animal kingdom below please guide our other lost babies to a safe place, guide them home.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you all today. Please let us all know how it went. I know we would all love to be there. Hug Honors mom for me.

f_yellow:gh_runf_yellow:gh_runf_yellow

Guest BlessedByGreys

I am just getting ready to leave the house and pick up Dannine. I spoke with Chief Carter this morning and he will also be there with us.

I have all of your cards and notes for Honor and will read the ones that I was given permission to and the others are still sealed just for her.

I have bricks to line the grave site and Dannine found Rosemary to plant in front of her beautiful cross. We will clean up the are and I will take pictures and "try" to post them for all of you to see.

God Bless all of you for your love and support for Honor and for those of us who felt a need to do this for her memory and for the sake of her situation. Let us all pray that nothing this horrific and shameful should ever happen again.

"Honor, we will never forget you and will do our best to bring in all of the lost and abandoned grey babies always remembering that you are with them and trying to help guide them home."

Rest in peace sweet girl and run free. You are loved.

Edited by BlessedByGreys

Guest DogGone

I went out to pay my respects to Honor this morning. It was comforting how many of the local folks came out to join us. Chief Carter was very compassionate as were the owners of the property. It was good to meet Christina and Cheryl and the other Grey owners. Rest in peace. :gh_run

Guest greytgreymom

Pictures from Honor's Memorial Service today.

Honor13.gif

Honor's Final Resting Place

Honor1.gif

Crystal and Derek Joyner and Mikey listen as Christine, Honor's mom, plays for her baby.

Honor2.gif

Crystal reading Christine's Memory Book of Honor; Diana and son visiting with Mikey.

Honor3.gif

Rusty, the wonder puppy, trying to figure out what that noise is.

Honor4.gif

Family that owns property where Honor's grave lies. Foster Dad Scott on the right.

Honor5.gif

Christine playing her violin for Honor.

Honor6.gif

Those of us who gathered to celebrate Honor's life. Chief of Police Carter is in the middle. Foster Mom Cheryl is on far right.

Honor7.gif

Dannine listening while Diana reads notes to Honor.

Honor8.gif

Diana reading notes to Honor.

Honor9.gif

The group.

Honor10.gif

Diana and Christine.

Honor11.gif

Honor12.gif

Thank you to Diane for making this a very special day for Christine, Scott and I. Lots of tears were shed, but it was wonderful to get a chance to celebrate Honor's life and memory with others.

Cheryl

Guest BrockGusDad

Cheryl, thank you so much for allowing us "to be there" through your pictures.

Diana, and all the others involved, you proved to Honor that there so many who cared and mourned her senseless passing.

Christine continues to have my deepest sympathy.

Ed

Guest McGreyt

Many thanks to greytgreymom for posting these photos. Thanks also to Diana for her tireless advocacy of lost greyhounds. Run free sweet Honor; you're home.

:cry1 What a very touching memorial for such a special, loving greyhound. My heart was with you in spirit... and Gable Honor will never be forgotten. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Thank you Cheryl, what a beautiful memorial and resting spot.

Thanks, Cheryl. :(

I didn't get to go today, but I was thinking of all of you...especially Christine. Loss is never a good thing but closure is. I hope it helped her. :f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

:cry1:

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest BlessedByGreys

The Memorial Service today was absolutely beautiful.

Tammy, please thank DH for the incredible cross he made, by hand, for Honor. The name plate from Cheryl, the Memorial box, the cards and notes, the flowers and on and on were such powerful proof that this dog has touched many lifes.

I read the notes out loud that were sent and not marked private. We had one from Spain, one from Ireland, one from England and about 20 from across the U.S. It was touching, and at times emotional, to read them and I cannot thank you all enough for each and every one of them. Even Chief Carter was there to say goodbye as well as the lady who owns the field where Honor is buried.

As you can see from Cheryl's pictures, Honor now has a proper and rightful resting place. It was a very special service for a very special dog who deserved so much more than we could offer but got the best we could give. I felt her presence the minute I arrived and I believe with all of my heart that she was with all of us and knew we cared and why we were there. We said a prayer for all of the babies at the bridge waiting for their Mommys and Daddy, and we asked Honor to help guide the lost greys home. We included Sleigh, Ram, Velvet, Chocolate, Sureshot and many, many more. I know if Honor can help either bring them home, or to run free with her by their side, she will.

For those of us who went to Stephen F. Austin Park after the ceremony it was so nice to just sit and talk, put faces with names and spend time together sharing "greyt" grey stories, as well as play with all of the sweet puppers that came out to say goodbye to Honor. Rusty even stepped on her grave and left little grey footprints in the fresh dirt. It was too sweet. Without Honor that time spent together would never have happened.

(I hope you all do not think I am looney, but I have to take a second to really say good bye to Honor.)

"Honor, baby, it is time for me to let you go but you, and the memory of what happened to you, will remain in my heart always. I promise to keep searching for lost or abandoned greyhounds in hopes that what happened to you will never happen to another grey if I can help in any way. That is how I can Honor you and your name. Thank you for allowing me to put aside my own self-needs in order to learn of service to another of God's creatures."

God Bless You sweet girl and good-night

Diana+

Edited by BlessedByGreys