For Honor And Her Mom............

Greytlady94

Guest BrockGusDad
... (I hope you all do not think I am looney, but I have to take a second to really say good bye to Honor.)

"Honor, baby, it is time for me to let you go but you, and the memory of what happened to you, will remain in my heart always.  I promise to keep searching for lost or abandoned greyhounds in hopes that what happened to you will never happen to another grey if I can help in any way.  That is how I can Honor you and your name.  Thank you for allowing me to put aside my own self-needs in order to learn of service to another of God's creatures."

God Bless You sweet girl and good-night

Diana+

1748993[/snapback]

If I hadn't had the opportunity to come to know Diana as I have, I would have been the first to dismiss the above as somewhat "fluff." But I now know better. Each word is carefully chosen, and sincere.

Diana is the one whose insane persistence brought Gus home... and finally to me. She is both relentless and sincere. Her efforts on behalf of Honor are testimony to that.

The lost greys thank you, Diana.

Ed

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a beautiful and touching tribute to Honor, thank you so much for sharing and making it possible to pay tribute as well. My heart goes out to all of you but especially Christine and you Diana.

There are not enough thank you's Diana for all you do to help find the missing greys as well as help find wonderful homes for this breed we have all come to absolultely adore. The Gus saga touched all of us deeply and without individuals such as you there wouldn't be so many happy endings. We all wish all endings would be good but it is not always meant to be, it's so comforting to know that in times of need there are individuals like you that jump in and help in what ever way they are able.

Godspeed Honor, you touched so many lives in the short time here but now you have an even bigger job to do, help guide those newbies at the bridge and show them how to send a rainbow to those who are missing them and need a little comfort and reassurance that you are ok.

:grouphug:f_white:gh_run:angelwings:angel:gh_run:grouphug

Praying for all the missing greys!

It looks as if the service was beautiful. I was there with my thoughts and prayers. I hope Christine is healing as well as all of you wonderful people who worked finding Honor and then putting her in a final comfortable resting place. Thank you.

Run free sweet girl...take care of all our puppers up there with you and guide our lost babies home. Rest easy now.

:f_white:gh_lay:f_white

:cry1:candle Rest in peace sweet Honor.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

As has already been written, tears here again for this beautiful greyhound.

Thank you for the photos of her special service. My thoughts were with

everyone on the day of the memorial. It was a truly touching ceremony.

Be at peace sweet Honor. You won't be forgotten.

:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you for sharing the lovely service with those of us who are so far away.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cmdjoyner

The memorial service was beautiful...it was wonderful meeting everyone. So now, I have to tell you what happened AFTER the service.

As everybody who was there knows....Wafer was not the center of attention. How could she compete with Rusty. She was grumpy because of this (Daddy holding him didn't help much either), the cockleburrs in her feet, Rusty chewing on her lower mandible, and the fact she was in the heat without a comfortable couch. I had told Derek that the minute we got home, she would take all of her frustration out on Jesse, the low man on the totem pole. That was a bit of an understatement!

We didn't make it through the back door before she attacked him. We broke them up, then she went after him again. She put a hole through his ear and several marks on his cheek before I could get to them again. In the process of trying to break this up, Jesse mistakenly attacked my hand thinking it was Wafer. I was VERY lucky! There was only one puncture wound on top, unfortunately it was through the tendon. My watch caught the bite on the wrist, so just a bunch of bruising there.

We spent a couple of hours at Methodist ER...a tetanus shot, several antibiotics, and pain pills later...we came home. That night my hand was 3 times the size as normal (thank goodness it was my left). This is the first day I am actually able to type.

Moral of the story: Muzzle a grumpy Wafer until she's extremely comfortable on the couch!

Guest BlessedByGreys

OMG, I feel so bad for you. We had a lovely time visiting with everyone and their dogs, it's sad that it did not stay that way for you however. Thoughts and prayers for your speedy recovery, and let me know what color nuzzle you want, I will send one out to ASAP, sounds as if you need one or should i say Wafer needs one.

Take Care.

Hugs and Kisses to all, including Wafer,

Diana

Guest cmdjoyner

Thanks Diana...she has a red muzzle already. We have poop eating issues. Anyway, I knew she was going to be grumpy...I've upped her Soloxine to .3 from .2. I probably shouldn't have lowered it in the first place.

Jesse is fine...he's used to it. She got his ear good though...Nothing that a little clotisol, peroxide, and gento spray can't fix. Besides, it was probably cheaper for me to go to the ER and get the scripts than take him and/or her to the Animal ER. Mine's covered under insurance.

I'm much better today...still a limited movement, slightly swollen, and VERY bruised...Rainbow hand?

It was all worth it to be at the service. It's a bit ironic, though, I realized the next day when paying bills that the 14th was the 5th anniversary of when we helped our first Grey Angel Angie to the Bridge. It was very appropriate we were at the Memorial with Christine and everybody.

Thanks so much for the well wishes.