Osteo Thread Part 10

:grouphug and an extra :grouphug

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Poor Willa.

It's so tough wondering if you made the right decision.

I think so - you will know for sure that you explored all options. 
Sucks for the moment, but you are doing all the right stuff.

Hoping the pain subsides quickly!!!!

• Like 1

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Tonight's update: The surgeon called this afternoon with the CT scan report from radiology. All signs still point to OSA metastatic tumor. Her lymph nodes are a little enlarged, but that could just be general inflammation. I asked about the bone biopsy and he said he went into the "bony proliferation of the soft tissue" vs. into the bone itself, and only about 2mm, so that’s better news than I thought, I guess. He didn't see enough lysis currently to be concerned about a fracture and thinks she’ll feel better in another day or two. He encouraged upping the gabapentin as she tolerates it, and adding trazodone if need be, but so far she seems to be doing better just with the extra gaba. She's been a bit more mobile and is snoozing peacefully now...and earlier I even got a wee tail wag when it was time for her evening Nubz bone. (Both dogs go nuts for those things, as did Sweep.) 

So, I still suspect our time is running out, but at this moment she is comfortable and I am grateful for that (while also so angry at the unfairness of this happening to a barely 6-year-old dog who deserves to be spoiled and snuggled for many more years). Thank you all for being here with us and for us.

• Sad 3

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

Thx for the update…

Poor Willa. I hate that you both are going through this crap. It is truly unfair. 

In the meantime… i hope Willa continues to feel better. 

• Like 1

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

5 minutes ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Thx for the update…

Poor Willa. I hate that you both are going through this crap. It is truly unfair. 

In the meantime… i hope Willa continues to feel better. 

Thank you...and please do keep up the good reports on Amelia! It's so wonderful to see them thriving on three legs. Whatever happens next with us, I have no regrets about the past 11 months. Willa has lived her best life and I know Amelia is too.

• Like 1

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

2 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Thank you...and please do keep up the good reports on Amelia! It's so wonderful to see them thriving on three legs. Whatever happens next with us, I have no regrets about the past 11 months. Willa has lived her best life and I know Amelia is too.

I absolutely will. 

I get that 100%

Amelia would not be with us even now had we not gone the route we did.

• Like 1

I am beyond sorry to read this.  I am in awe how well you have rolled with the punches as you enable Willa to live her best life.  

• Like 1

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

A happy update (at last): she slept really well overnight and we have legitimate Willa Waggles this morning. 360° chopper tail. :wub: She is clearly feeling better and lying down more easily too. 

3 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

I am beyond sorry to read this.  I am in awe how well you have rolled with the punches as you enable Willa to live her best life.  

I just save most of my emotional breakdowns for offline. And I have wonderful greyhound friends and pharmaceutical help; otherwise, I'm quite sure I'd be a gibbering mess curled up in the fetal position somewhere!

Edited by ramonaghan
geometry is hard
  • Like 1

Willa :yay

:grouphug

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Willa, and her mom, are both wonderful, tough ladies. Enjoy your Willa Waggles. :wub:

• Like 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

3 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

:nod

I just have to add, the above was spoken by someone who herownself knows how to roll with the punches. :grouphug

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FiveRoooooers said:

:nod

I just have to add, the above was spoken by someone who herownself knows how to roll with the punches. :grouphug

Absolutely. Far too many punches.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

:ohno
Poor sweet Willa. 
I am stunned.

My heart goes out to you sweetie.

:brokenheart

Oh no! My heart aches for you & Wiila.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

No. Just No.

:(

I have no words to ease your pain.  

Please know that you are in our thoughts....   

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry Rachel.  There just aren't enough sorries in the world for this kind of crap.  :weep 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thank you all. She was clearly in pain at the end and we couldn't get ahead of it. As devastated as we are, it's a relief that she is no longer hurting and can rest now. I just can't believe how fast things went downhill. 

@2greyhoundMINI We have an unused pair of hot pink Hunnyboots if you ever need them for Amelia. Willa just wore one on her remaining front leg to cushion her corn and also add a little shock absorption. She adjusted to it quickly and actually preferred to walk in it. Let me know—the shipping from Nashville is a lot cheaper than from Australia!