Gable Dodge and his kin!

Hey everyone, to avoid highjacking Dick's threads any longer :D, let's talk Gable Dodge and all his descendants! If you have a sibling, offspring, or just an appreciation, please share. Pictures, remembories, love, share it here!

I'll start--my beloved Johnny was a son, he had that "famous face" that I can see in a lot of other offspring. Beautiful red fawn coat, deep soulful brown eyes, little white tips on the tail and toesies. The only sabling he had were some dark hairs on his ears and tail. And he would carry that bottle-brush tail in a hook, canted to the side, that you can see on Gable Dodge in a video on YouTube. Johnny loved people, a true love-bug kissy boy.

My new boy, Gino-Gene-Eugene (Eastnor Rebel), has GD on his dam side via Lonesome Cry. He's a beautiful shiny black boy with white and with ears that go :bunny all the time. I've noticed he does cant his tail to one side, too. He's a happy goofball that I am working with to get his anxiety and shyness under control.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Gable Logan is a great-grandson(dog?) of Gable Dodge, born April 7, 2010 and still going at 9 yo now. Didn't win as many races as great-grandpa, but still can do amazing stuff, like this headstand:

20190714_084453-M.jpg

(ok, maybe the shot was from above :-)

20190714_084436-M.jpg

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

If I'm interpreting the data correctly, Jenny is a great granddaughter of Gable Dodge. His son, Dodgem By Design, sired Jenny's dam, Brandi Rocks. Jenny certainly has her sire and grandsire's enormous, origami ears.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Piper.  My beloved Piper The Perfect was a son of Gable Dodge.    The gorgeous eyes.  The sweetness of his nature.

Image may contain: dog

I think these are the famous Downing ears.

67782892_10211459068551687_5845395814922321920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQno-fpgOVxLD2iO0R2rUNAeAzFOgG2wsvxkRk6rhpNNfxU34X1uZa3VzUfoD8XAq9Q&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=eb5ddc7fee9627bd79cb04f8b2684436&oe=5DD9EECB

Image may contain: dog and indoor

People were drawn to Piper as if he was magnetic.  He made friends with kids, with people who were afraid of dogs, with residents at my Mother's nursing home.  Most people we met walking wanted to pet Piper and I'd always tell they that of course they could. but that he WOULD kiss them. Of all the dogs I love, he is the one who has the greatest hold on my heart.  He used to look into my eyes and I'd tell him he was "my one".  He still is.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

At certain angles Piper looks just like Rocket!  The only thing missing is that Rocket's eyeliner also had a little line on each side of his eyes that looked like he was wearing glasses. :lol Piper has those lines too but Rocket's were darker. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

My PB Long Ranger is a great grandson of Gable Dodge. He also has the stand up ears and thick red fawn fur coat. He just loves people!

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Lila is a Dodge Em by Design daughter.  She's got regular ears, but she does have sableing, super plush furs, and those big soulful eyes. And she's the sweetest thing ever.

OgrEy3sl.jpg

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Do any of your dogs’ noses slant to the left? Jenny’s does. I wonder if it’s hereditary or due to an injury (although there is no evidence of one). 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Both our angel VooDoo and Whiskey (half brothers) are grandsons of Gable Doge by his son Gable Oscar.  Gable Dodge babies seem to inherit a double dose of sweetness and loveableness!  They are very people oriented and do seem to draw attention to themselves wherever they go!

And, OH!  Those Gable Dodge eyes!!!!!  :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

16 hours ago, LBass said:

Piper.  My beloved Piper The Perfect was a son of Gable Dodge.    The gorgeous eyes.  The sweetness of his nature.

I think these are the famous Downing ears.

67782892_10211459068551687_5845395814922321920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQno-fpgOVxLD2iO0R2rUNAeAzFOgG2wsvxkRk6rhpNNfxU34X1uZa3VzUfoD8XAq9Q&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=eb5ddc7fee9627bd79cb04f8b2684436&oe=5DD9EECB

People were drawn to Piper as if he was magnetic.  He made friends with kids, with people who were afraid of dogs, with residents at my Mother's nursing home.  Most people we met walking wanted to pet Piper and I'd always tell they that of course they could. but that he WOULD kiss them. Of all the dogs I love, he is the one who has the greatest hold on my heart.  He used to look into my eyes and I'd tell him he was "my one".  He still is.

Are the "downing ears" where one ear tends to go horizontal and the other vertical? If so, Logan has that trait as well. Both ears go straight up if he is really excited or concentrating, but if  he is attentive but more relaxed only the left ear goes up, the right ear is horizontal (so it would be opposite of Piper in your photo).  Here is a shot showing it:

20190424_085247-Th.jpg

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Thanks everyone, such beautiful pics and words! Johnny loved to roach, anytime, almost anywhere--he never got the hang of it in the car a la Sweep. Teeth hanging out, such an active dreamer he woke himself up multiple times. He stole all the beds and couches he could. But if the cats got there first, I would get the biggest, saddest eyes; he would NOT evict the cat himself.

I won't say Johnny was all sweetness and light, he had the SNARK and knew how to use it. People, dogs, cats, if you were rude, he told you so. I was on the receiving end, too.:blush If he felt Gino was laying too close to him, not even touching, it would come out. Or on a road trip, it was from BOTH "MOM HE'S TOUCHING ME! MOM HE'S BREATHING ON ME!". But those two boys could walk together, sniff the same pee mail, get wrapped up around my legs, and I wouldn't hear a word.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

rsieg, I think that is the Downing Ear--one up and one sort of "L" shaped.  There was a great post about Downing  and his quirky ear here on GT years ago.  I've searched for it but can't find it, so we're left to trust my understanding of the term unless someone knowledgeable chimes in.

I love that Piper and Rocket share "The Look"!

Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

On 8/7/2019 at 1:01 PM, LaFlaca said:

If I'm interpreting the data correctly, Jenny is a great granddaughter of Gable Dodge. His son, Dodgem By Design, sired Jenny's dam, Brandi Rocks. Jenny certainly has her sire and grandsire's enormous, origami ears.

Mercury is too!  Dodgem By Design sired his dam, Striking Sheila.  Merc was born DKC Dave. :puke  He ran just one season and retired to his rightful place on the couch.

35345813_10156485736093910_9098231425882

35356734_10156485733743910_9086145237587

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Jeter (aka Mac's Palmer) is a Gable Dodge grandson via Gable Ton.  He is extra handsome and extra sweet.  But aren't all greyhounds?  :)  No quirky ears or quirky tail, although his bottlebrush tail should be registered as a lethal weapon.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter