Only 65 Days until GRTB in Dewey!

Time4ANap

Time to start the "who's going?" thread.  Not that we are eager to get there or anything. :lol

Just a reminder that early registration has been extended until August 15th, so if you haven't registered you still have time to do so at the lower price. 

GRTB Website

Chris and I will be there stealing time with other people's hounds since Petunia will stay home.  Petunia will be staying with one of her friends here in AZ since she isn't much of a flyer.  We missed going to Dewey last year, and as things have a way of doing so, it worked out for the best. The same week when we would have normally been at the beach, we had to help Rocket to The Bridge. We would never have been able to handle not being here to say goodbye. 

We hope to see many of you there, and will most likely be at the Ice Cream Social and few other events, as well as hanging at Camp Cocktail on the beach over the weekend. 

So, who's going? 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darn, the year I can't go you and Chris will be there.  :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

23 minutes ago, macoduck said:

Darn, the year I can't go you and Chris will be there.  :(

One of these times we will actually get to meet! I've been wanting to go to Mountain Hounds for years so maybe we can meet up there eventually. 

We do try to go to Dewey every year.  We put it on the calendar at the beginning of every year, but it seems like some years work-related stuff or life just gets in the way of that plan. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You need to swing by and pick up Ducky and come by to see us. We aren't able to set up the indoor pool this year but the outthedoors pool is great. Cletus, Cabana Boy. :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We have reservations at the Beach House motel, but DH recently lost his job. So, whether or not we’re able to go completely depends on his job situation. 

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Awesome to see so many from here going. 

A neighbor was in MD and DE this past week and brought me some Maryland tomatoes from someone's garden.  So along with my MD tomato I pulled a MD crab cake out of the freezer for dinner.  All I needed was a slice of Louie's Pizza from the Rehoboth Boardwalk to make my meal complete. :lol  Louie's will be my first stop when we get to Rehoboth. 

I don't think I'm going this year. :(  There were a couple of factors:

1. It's no longer the same weekend as Dewey Goes Pink.  I had an amazing experience last year running my first 5K.
  2. Ducky's not going.  She was my roomie last year and we had a greyt time!
  3. Very few of the WFUBCC members are going.  Our Club pizza lunch (with pizza bones for the hounds) was one of the highlights of the trip.

I dearly would have liked to meet you Rocket's Daddyman.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

5 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

I don't think I'm going this year. :(  There were a couple of factors:

1. It's no longer the same weekend as Dewey Goes Pink.  I had an amazing experience last year running my first 5K.
  2. Ducky's not going.  She was my roomie last year and we had a greyt time!
  3. Very few of the WFUBCC members are going.  Our Club pizza lunch (with pizza bones for the hounds) was one of the highlights of the trip.

I dearly would have liked to meet you Rocket's Daddyman.

We will continue to be there in future years, so chances are we will get to meet eventually.

All of my brothers and their spouses rent a house for a week along with my Mom and we have a week together that happens to coincide with GRTB.  We try to do this every year, but lately it ended  up being every other year for us. This is basically our Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family and is much more relaxed than actual holidays. I grew up going to Rehoboth and Ocean City for our family vacations, so it will continue to be our vacation spot for years to come.  Hopefully we will get to meet at a future GRTB. 

The husband and I are FINALLY going to make it down! 

Sadly we will be making it without our June... but with Sidney in cancer remission we really want to get down.

I know that registration is at the Rehoboth Convention Center this year, but is most of the events in Dewey? I'm trying to figure out where to go.

Thx for the help gang! 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

looks like both towns will be hopping!!! lots and lots of vendors and fun in dewey ,greyt  vendors at the firehouse- Rehoboth, excellent vendors and events at the convention hall. so be ready to go EVERYWHERE !!! so, it's a win-win situation as long as you remember to pack raincoats so it won't rain!

Awesome! 

And yes, raincoats!!!!!! 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

On 8/13/2019 at 11:37 AM, 2greyhoundMINI said:

The husband and I are FINALLY going to make it down! 

Sadly we will be making it without our June... but with Sidney in cancer remission we really want to get down.

I know that registration is at the Rehoboth Convention Center this year, but is most of the events in Dewey? I'm trying to figure out where to go.

Thx for the help gang! 

It really is scattered nicely throughout both towns.  We stay right in the town of Rehoboth so that we can pretty much park the car on arrival and walk everywhere for meals, shopping etc.  We usually take the car and go to the vendors in Dewey at least one if not 2 days depending on how many we get to on the first day and any special events they've scheduled, and we also use the car to  meet up with friends on the beach in Dewey, as well as going to to the Ice Cream Social held by one of the adoption groups which is also usually in Dewey.   Either way, wherever you stay you will want to have a car to explore the full event.  The talks and additional vendors will be at the Rehoboth Convention Center along with registration, 

Also, parking in Rehoboth on Saturday and Sunday is usually tight, but that may just mean parking several blocks from Rehoboth Ave on a main or side street and walking into town a few blocks. 

38 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

Ok, I just joined. I'm staying at the Gold Leaf.

Hoping to see everyone there.

Yay!  Mary Pat will be there.  It's been a few years since we've been there at the same time. 

14 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

It really is scattered nicely throughout both towns.  We stay right in the town of Rehoboth so that we can pretty much park the car on arrival and walk everywhere for meals, shopping etc.  We usually take the car and go to the vendors in Dewey at least one if not 2 days depending on how many we get to on the first day and any special events they've scheduled, and we also use the car to  meet up with friends on the beach in Dewey, as well as going to to the Ice Cream Social held by one of the adoption groups which is also usually in Dewey.   Either way, wherever you stay you will want to have a car to explore the full event.  The talks and additional vendors will be at the Rehoboth Convention Center along with registration, 

Also, parking in Rehoboth on Saturday and Sunday is usually tight, but that may just mean parking several blocks from Rehoboth Ave on a main or side street and walking into town a few blocks. 

Thank you so much! 

Hope to see lots of you there! 

Sidney will really enjoy some greyhound time. He's been a little lonely without his partner in crime.

Dewey has some top notch vendors.  Midnight Sun is at the Atlantic Oceanside.  Renee has gorgeous sterling silver jewelry and more gorgeous beaded necklaces for dogs and people.  Plus earring,  purses,  shirts,  plus more.  Room.is bottom. Floor. Ann Hess,  Cassie's Casuals also has top quality brooders everything.  Don't miss out on some really beautiful sterling jewelry,  come to Dewey.  There are more then just these 2.

3 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

Does the firehall have vendors again this year?

Yes.  Definitely.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Dewey has some beautiful Sterling for sale,  Midnight Sun Beading sells Golden Hound Sterling in the Atlantic Oceanside,  Shannon O Riley jewelry, again sterling at the Atlantic Oceanside,  both on bottom floor.  Beth Wade,, more beautiful sterling is in Dewey.  Dewey has some great vendors . Don't miss vendors who chose staying in rooms.  Dewey has some super shopping  !