Only 65 Days until GRTB in Dewey!

Time4ANap

The husband found a great room for Thursday night! 

Can't wait!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does everyone dine in the evenings?

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Woohoo!

Registered and ordered shirts!

On 8/27/2019 at 8:22 AM, 2greyhoundMINI said:

Where does everyone dine in the evenings?

You will find greyhound people all over Rehoboth and Dewey and literally going to every restaurant.  Many of the restaurants with outdoor patios or decks welcome the hounds as well.   

Back Porch Cafe and Mariachi are two local favorites, as is the Purple Parrot.  Pickled Pig is interesting, and Dogfish Head has a new restaurant and brew pub there, but for us Dogfish has lost the charm of the old location which was kind of run down and a favorite of many for the last 15 or 20 years.  The new place is a little too sterile for my liking. 

Out on the main highway just north of Dewey we really like Arena's Deli and Restaurant (dog friendly patio) and El Azteca for Mexican (no patio).  Further north on the main highway, Pete's Steak Shop is one of our go-to locations for cheese steaks,  and right on Rehoboth Avenue about 50 feet from the boardwalk, Louie's Pizza is my once-a-day bad habit for a slice or two of pizza or a cheese steak, or both! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Awesome! Thanks for the response :)

I'm rethinking my non-Dewey plans.  A greyhound friend (dante2zoe) found us a 5K in Lewes on Saturday.  If we make a "surgical strike" drivnig down on Friday and returning Sunday, I can fit in my favorite things:

• getting Merc's toenails clipped by God's Greyts
  • walking the beach
  • meeting up with WFUBCC members for lunch
  • shopping the second hand collars and coats (still looking for a raincoat)
  • letting Mercury buy his girlfriend Ivy :wub: an ice ream at the Nittany Ice Cream Social
  • meeting new greyhound people, maybe even Rocket's Daddyman :rolleyes:

So, it's a big MAYBE.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Do it!

11 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

I'm rethinking my non-Dewey plans.  A greyhound friend (dante2zoe) found us a 5K in Lewes on Saturday.  If we make a "surgical strike" drivnig down on Friday and returning Sunday, I can fit in my favorite things:

• getting Merc's toenails clipped by God's Greyts
  • walking the beach
  • meeting up with WFUBCC members for lunch
  • shopping the second hand collars and coats (still looking for a raincoat)
  • letting Mercury buy his girlfriend Ivy :wub: an ice ream at the Nittany Ice Cream Social
  • meeting new greyhound people, maybe even Rocket's Daddyman :rolleyes:

So, it's a big MAYBE.

Rocket's Daddyman might just be at that Ice Cream Social...and usually is.  You can also often find us on the beach wherever Riverhound is hanging out, or where Camp Cocktail is setup. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

58 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

Shall I bring vodka?

Sounds like a plan.  Unfortunately, I have to be kind to my kidneys so I usually end up being the designated driver. :lol  

This is so awesome :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

7 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

This is so awesome

Is it wrong that I knew more of the dogs in that video by name than I did their human's names? :lol

There is nothing better than sitting on the beach with a group of hounds and their humans during GRTB. 

On 9/1/2019 at 7:13 AM, FiveRoooooers said:

This is so awesome :beatheart

That is so enjoyable.  So many beautiful dogs.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

On 8/31/2019 at 7:03 PM, Time4ANap said:

Rocket's Daddyman might just be at that Ice Cream Social...and usually is.  You can also often find us on the beach wherever Riverhound is hanging out, or where Camp Cocktail is setup. 

On 8/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, Mercsmom said:

Shall I bring vodka?

We’re staying at the Gold Leaf, so the beach around there (or wherever Campbell Cocktail lands)

Mercsmom — yes. :)

3 hours ago, Riverhound said:

We’re staying at the Gold Leaf, so the beach around there (or wherever Campbell Cocktail lands)

Mercsmom — yes. :)

Is Brees ready to party? 

l9gv8IV.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap

So cute!

I am hoping Sidney chills on the beach... he's never been. 

Just got an email reminder that today is the last day to pre-order your 25th Anniversary GRTB T Shirt.   www.grtb.org 

We canceled our reservations at the Beach House Dewey yesterday. I'm likely having surgery in October (consult is October 2) and my husband is still unemployed. Hopefully we'll be able to come next year.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I am sad to write we will be coming to GRtB without a greyhound...

We just lost our boy Sidney last night.

My husband and I decided we still want to come. I think it will be therapeutic for us seeing all the greys.

9 hours ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

I am sad to write we will be coming to GRtB without a greyhound...

We just lost our boy Sidney last night.

My husband and I decided we still want to come. I think it will be therapeutic for us seeing all the greys.

I'm so sorry about Sidney. I know how hard it is. I lost my beloved Mandy a few weeks before Dewey in 2012. I decided to go because I was going to be miserable no matter where I was. At least I got a trip to the beach and got to love on lots of pups.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

51 minutes ago, MandysMom said:

I'm so sorry about Sidney. I know how hard it is. I lost my beloved Mandy a few weeks before Dewey in 2012. I decided to go because I was going to be miserable no matter where I was. At least I got a trip to the beach and got to love on lots of pups.

I think that’s our mentality. 
Thank you. 

One nice thing is I told a friend (who got us into greyhounds and introduced us to her rescue) about Sidney...

She is going to come out to GRtB and have lunch with us. It's been forever since we saw her!