Only 65 Days until GRTB in Dewey!

Time4ANap

2 hours ago, 2greyhoundMINI said:

One nice thing is I told a friend (who got us into greyhounds and introduced us to her rescue) about Sidney...

She is going to come out to GRtB and have lunch with us. It's been forever since we saw her!

That's awesome.  We haven't seen some of our "greyhound family" in at least 3 or 4 years because one or the other of us didn't make it there the last few years.  The best part of the week is catching up with old friends and meeting new greyhound folks. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Time4ANap said:

That's awesome.  We haven't seen some of our "greyhound family" in at least 3 or 4 years because one or the other of us didn't make it there the last few years.  The best part of the week is catching up with old friends and meeting new greyhound folks. 

I can’t wait to see her and catch up. 
Though it sucks right now having lost our babies this year I will forever be grateful she helped us get them. 

Edited by 2greyhoundMINI

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

FYI- since we will be houndless we just changed our reservation at the Atlantis Inn to a non dog room if anyone is interested in a reservation there.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

We are flying out on Monday and will get to the beach on Wednesday night after a few other stops. Looks like I;m going to have to pack my rain coat to keep it from raining. If I bring it, the weather is sure to be sunny and great.  :rotfl

Rehoboth Beach, DE 10 Day Weather

3:01 pm EDT
Print
DAY

DESCRIPTION HIGH / LOW PRECIP WIND HUMIDITY
TONIGHT

OCT 5
Clouds Early/Clearing Late
--59°
10%
SE 13 mph 72%
SUN

OCT 6
Partly Cloudy
75°67°
10%
SSE 16 mph 68%
MON

OCT 7
Partly Cloudy
79°62°
20%
S 13 mph 73%
TUE

OCT 8
Cloudy/Wind
69°62°
20%
NE 20 mph 81%
WED

OCT 9
Showers
69°60°
50%
NE 18 mph 79%
THU

OCT 10
AM Showers
70°57°
30%
N 17 mph 73%
FRI

OCT 11
Partly Cloudy
70°57°
20%
N 15 mph 68%
SAT

OCT 12
Mostly Sunny
68°51°
20%
NNW 13 mph 65%
SUN

OCT 13
Sunny
65°53°
20%
NW 14 mph 53%
MON

OCT 14
Partly Cloudy
68°56°
10%
W 10 mph 55%
TUE

OCT 15
Partly Cloudy
68°55°
20%
WNW 11 mph 59%
WED

OCT 16
Mostly Sunny
67°57°
20%
N 9 mph 63%
THU

OCT 17
PM Showers
69°56°
40%
S 12 mph 64%
FRI

OCT 18
AM Showers
68°56°
40%
W 11 mph 68%
SAT

OCT 19
AM Showers
67°54°
40%
NW 12 mph 67%

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

I'm only there Thursday through Sunday and it looks pretty good. 

I've been there in hurricanes, sideways-raining tropical storms, and and other wet weeks.  I can handle a little rain, but my desert-acclimated body will be freezing at those temps, especially if it's wet. I used to go out in the middle of winter in a t-shirt and shorts to wash the car when we lived in the Midwest if we got a day in the 50's.   Now 60's means jeans, a sweatshirt, and maybe a jacket if it's windy. :lol  Getting old sucks. 

Edited by Time4ANap
typo

On 10/5/2019 at 10:02 PM, Time4ANap said:

I've been there in hurricanes, sideways-raining tropical storms, and and other wet weeks.  I can handle a little rain, but my desert-acclimated body will be freezing at those temps, especially if it's wet. I used to go out in the middle of winter in a t-shirt and shorts to wash the car when we lived in the Midwest if we got a day in the 50's.   Now 60's means jeans, a sweatshirt, and maybe a jacket if it's windy. :lol  Getting old sucks. 

Yeah, I was in Dewey during many of those extreme weather events. Walking in ankle deep mud before the tents blew down. No sand to walk on with high tide. 

But growing up at the Jersey shore I'm used to it. 

Thankfully CC got her cast off so I don't have to worry about it getting wet or sandy. 

Hurray! 

Hoping to meet up with some of you greytalkers.  In the past, the Dewey Gathering FB site listed bonfires, costume contests, tattoo contests, etc.  Nothing like that this year.  So... shamelessly asking... Anyone plan on having a bonfire Friday or Saturday night?  (Have to teach my 9:30 class tomorrow, then, we're leaving straight from campus in order to be at the Nittany Ice Cream Social).

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

so, i'm home dog sitting, our new dog- foster with intent to adopt came into season!!! so, the wise decision is not to have every male dog in rehoboth visit BUSHMAN STUDIO at the FIREHOUSE with our new (sorta nameless) gal there. But do stop by and visit Joe! we have lots of new work produced since GIG and some GREYT antiques. And here's a sneak preview of the one i'm entertaining and training in the yard right now.71584243_440916440111520_245583466603321.70986110_1006995509632413_60160168911542

Thank you to whomever was there yesterday and today that let my husband and I pet the crap outta your hounds. 
As I thought we were thrilled to see hounds everywhere and it made our hearts happy. 

So thank you everyone for the hound therapy. 

Elizabeth (Mercsmom), look for Aimee Finley on Facebook. She's who hosted the bonfires you and I attended.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

First time I've managed to get online here.  The house we rented has had numerous wi-fi issues. We met up with Riverhound on Friday and saw Tricia and Burke yesterday in Rehoboth.  Yesterday we did the Grain to Glass tour at Dogfish Head Brewery which I highly recommend unless you are gimpy like me.  My legs are shot today so I am laying low.  

MercsMom - are you still here or leaving today?  We are around on Monday to catch up with anyone who is still here. 

On 10/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, cleptogrey said:

so, i'm home dog sitting, our new dog- foster with intent to adopt came into season!!! so, the wise decision is not to have every male dog in rehoboth visit BUSHMAN STUDIO at the FIREHOUSE with our new (sorta nameless) gal there. But do stop by and visit Joe! we have lots of new work produced since GIG and some GREYT antiques. And here's a sneak preview of the one i'm entertaining and training in the yard right now.71584243_440916440111520_245583466603321.70986110_1006995509632413_60160168911542Very pretty.  I didn't know until just now that you weren't there.  Congratulations on the new addition.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

On 10/19/2019 at 8:29 AM, 45MPHK9 said:

Holly enjoyed her time on the beach this year.

48923676863_3f4c9332d7_c_d.jpg

Holly, 

Sorry I missed the opportunity to rub those ears...  Next year - you and me on the beach.  I'll bring the stinky fish.

- Petunia and Kate's Daddyman. 

On 10/19/2019 at 11:29 AM, 45MPHK9 said:

Holly enjoyed her time on the beach this year.

48923676863_3f4c9332d7_c_d.jpg

Sorry we missed you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds